• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Loostreaks

Seems like the modding scene is already starting and obviously everything is super early and not remotely stable but hey the start is made.

Mods: Specially the third person mod has potentional.

The Mods: third person mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Arasaka Appearance Updater: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Better Minimap: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Alternate Crowd Behavior and other tweaks: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Non-Hideable Hud Removal: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Enable character reflection to reflective surfaces: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Walker: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Instant Disassembling and Crafting: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Save Anytime: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Undress Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Cyber Engine Tweaks: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... All recipes in the crafting game menu: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Convert equipped weapons and clothing to legendary: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Categorized All-In-One Command List: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20... Cyber Fashion: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk20...

Are the tools ( whatever they use) any good for editing actual game files? Or it's more ini.tweaks?

Loostreaks

O my god that Cirque du Solei track on Body Heat FM, I genuinely thought they had Rihanna on for a moment. 100 hours in I never heard that track before. I don't even care much for Rihanna but this track is wild. This game's entire soundtrack is insane. Biggest musical accomplishment since GTAV, probably is even better. Body Heat, The Dirge, Night City FM and Pacific Dreams are incredible.

I think Le Destroy killed with his songs ( heh)

This would be so damn good for one of the nightclubs

I've been playing the game, about 55 hours in, diving in most of the side content rather than the main narrative itself.

This doesn't feel like the so entitled next-gen game they promised. It's so half-backed, and unpolished. There are lots of old-gen open world games that do a better job, hell even The Witcher 3 feels better than this.

I'm currently baring with the game, because the main narrative seems at least cool enough, and the basic core gameplay isn't bad but I can't shake the feel that they really lied about this game... by a lot.

If The Witcher 3 put them right at the top, this game will 100% make a huge stain on CD Projekt's name.

Hard disagree. What is nextgen anyways? Graphics? The photomode posts prove it is "next-gen." It's a marketing word used by everyone. They really didn't lie about anything. A lot of what is being spread is false or misleading half-truths at best and comes from less than credible sources. See everyone freaking out about a "CDPR employee 'leak'"....sourced from 4chan and was clearly written by a disturbed individual. Lots of money to be made from harvesting online hate.

So many previous open world games have the same content "problems" or are "empty" like CP2077. Most of those games didn't even sniff the artistic highs Cyberpunk has achieved in writing, characters, quests, cutscene direction, environmental details, and sound design. Some of those games do certain things very well but somehow got a pass for all the stuff they didn't? Was it console exclusivity? Fear of rankling the Sony warrior army? People always say AAA games critics are tougher these days but I don't buy that. They all seem extra fucking wishy washy these days and lack basic writing and critiquing skills.

CDPR will be fine. The haters will tucker themselves out and move onto the next profitable hate train. Everyone else, whether they like or dislike it, will enjoy discussing the game, will wait for DLC expansions and enjoy the game as it gets supported throughout the next year or two. Those Youtubers with Patreons, OnlyFans!, merch stores, and bandcamp links will also be back in a year to praise CDPR's redemption and call it a game that has finally achieved its true form.

We should have seen it coming...

Indeed. The released version of my game looks so much better than that. Those wizards.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
? we saw that 2 years ago

I thinks he's pointing to the NPC despawning in the bottom left near the end. Basically, the barebones system they have in now was probably in there 2 year ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

sertopico

I thinks he's pointing to the NPC despawning in the bottom left near the end. Basically, the barebones system they have in now was probably in there 2 year ago.
Jeez, I did not even notice that. Thought it was about the monorail or the guy on the electric wheelchair.

harmny

Banned

yeah. we saw that npc despawning two years ago. and on pc i tried and tried and i never could replicate that npc despawning bug where you turn around and npcs dissapear or cars change. i wonder if it has to do with memory or something. i mean cyberpunk is not the first game that spawns and despawn npcs (or the entire world for that matter) depending on where you are looking. occlusion culling has been around for generations

Last edited:
yeah. we saw that npc despawning two years ago. and on pc i tried and tried and i never could replicate that npc despawning bug where you turn around and npcs dissapear or cars change. i wonder if it has to do with memory or something. i mean cyberpunk is not the first game that spawns and despawn npcs (or the entire world for that matter) depending on where you are looking. occlusion culling has been around for generations

I've seen NPCs spawn out of thin air in front of me but yeah I've never gotten that thing where you look away from traffic, look back and it's changed, same with pedestrians.

Cars and people spawn and despawn outside of your field of view all the time. It's how the game is programmed, it has nothing to do with the amount of memory in your system.

I have 32GB of RAM and it happens all the time.

Not the first game to do it but I have never seen a game world where it's so noticable.

A lot of things are only applied to where your camera ia pointing. Move it fast enough and you'll see advertising billboards flickering into existence or cloth physics on NPCs outfits acting weirdly.

Cars and people spawn and despawn outside of your field of view all the time. It's how the game is programmed, it has nothing to do with the amount of memory in your system.

Not the first game to do it but I have never seen a game world where it's so noticable.

A lot of things are only applied to where your camera ia pointing. Move it fast enough and you'll see advertising billboards flickering into existence or cloth physics on NPCs outfits acting weirdly.

We're talking about the people who have videos of it happening right before them, like they look up or look forward and then look down/backward and things have entirely changed, we haven't seen that on PC.

We're talking about the people who have videos of it happening right before them, like they look up or look forward and then look down/backward and things have entirely changed, we haven't seen that on PC.
I have seen it on PC. Multiple times. Extremely easy to spot and to duplicate the effect. i7-8700k, 32GB of RAM, 3080, NVME.

Is this weapon obtained only by crafting?
Yes. You can get crafting spec for Epic variant by doing Suspected Organize Crime Activity in Arroyo (blue skull). Once you craft Epic, you can craft legendary.

Make sure to click a few times on a gun in crafting menu before you craft. Each time you click you re-roll the stats on the weapon. Repeat until you get the highest possible DPS.

I got THE COMPLETE OFFICIAL GUIDE COLLECTOR'S EDITION in post today and after reading it for a while I can definitely say that 95% of choices in this game are like picking between water and diet water.

:messenger_hushed:

Mista

Banned
My Choom at Deadend Thrills has started posting some of his in game captures

cutsbothways.png
neo.png

nightlight.png
Those pictures are mad! The Akira reference takes the prize!

LOVE IT!

MadYarpen

I still struggle to understand how this bike is supposed to work... with that tyre and suspension :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Looks awesome though!

I have seen it on PC. Multiple times. Extremely easy to spot and to duplicate the effect. i7-8700k, 32GB of RAM, 3080, NVME.

I haven't. I upload nearly all my footage to Youtube, my rig is less powerful than yours by a good amount, too. I have legitimately tried replicating what you're describing, it doesn't happen.

Here's a random vid, but my channel has plenty more, if you want to spot where it happened and I just didn't notice I'll check it out, or you could make your own actually making this phenomena happen? Dunno, but my point is I don't hide my footage and I still don't see these things.

I haven't. I upload nearly all my footage to Youtube, my rig is less powerful than yours by a good amount, too. I have legitimately tried replicating what you're describing, it doesn't happen.

Here's a random vid, but my channel has plenty more, if you want to spot where it happened and I just didn't notice I'll check it out, or you could make your own actually making this phenomena happen? Dunno, but my point is I don't hide my footage and I still don't see these things.

Here's a random vid that I recorded just now and just for you. Sorry dude, I love this game but scripting and AI is the worst I've seen in a modern AAA game. It's not even close.

What do you do to make it happen? You look one way, then look the other. Shooting to make NPCs get in the freak-out mode helps a lot too.

EDIT: Side note. In your footage you can see the first bug around 30 seconds mark. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
So because cars don't overtake when you block road this somehow makes game bad ? Am i missing something here ? What next ? If game doesn't have working arcade machines this also makes game bad ?

Please explain.
What you're missing here is this:

miss-the-point.png

Cyberpunk 2077 was advertised (in CDPR own words) as "the next generation of open-world adventure" yet basic AI and scripting is missing from the game. Think about it: AI in this game is completely incapable of driving a vehicle. In a next generation open-world adventure game. Does it make the game bad? No, I love it. Is it ridiculous? ABSOLUTELY.

perkelson

Does it make the game bad? No, I love it. Is it ridiculous? ABSOLUTELY.

Or maybe people are ridiculous because they assume some things by some stupid words that can mean anything ?

C77 is clearly "next generation of open world adventures/rpg" just because it doesn't have some one feature from some other game it doesn't make it less so. World is easily the most complex of any game ever and at the same time it looks best out of all games.

This is the first next gen open world.

Last edited:
Or maybe people are ridiculous because they assume some things by some stupid words that can mean anything ?

C77 is clearly "next generation of open world adventures/rpg" just because it doesn't have some one feature from some other game it doesn't make it less so. Worlds is easily the most complex of any game ever and at the same time it looks best out of all games.

The world of Cyberpunk 2077 is a next-gen diorama. It's beautiful to look at. Just make sure not to touch it or the illusion is gone.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'some stupid words'. Complete lack of driving AI for NPCs? If yes then ask yourself why you don't see:
  • cars switching lines
  • cars overtaking other cars
  • cars going around obstacles
  • cars fleeing the scene when in danger
  • people getting in or out of cars
  • gang members chasing you in a car
  • police chasing you in a car
All cars in Night City drive on pre-defined path. Quite often that path is rather poorly defined so you see cars going through walls, fences, barricades etc. AI won't ever diverge from this path. Straight facts.

Last edited:

Pakoe

Gold Member
So because cars don't overtake when you block road this somehow makes game bad ? Am i missing something here ? What next ? If game doesn't have working arcade machines this also makes game bad ?

Please explain.
Come on bruh, I enjoyed CP but don't try to downplay the AI issues the game has. Yes, in a detailed game like CP you would expect basic car AI to be incorporated.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
All cars in Night City drive on pre-defined path. Quite often that path is rather poorly defined so you see cars going through walls, fences, barricades etc. AI won't ever diverge from this path. Straight facts.
In defense of that you can say it's typical of 'graphics sell', it's the same reason F.E.A.R. AI has still not been equalled - it's simply not a priority and not what drives sale. Personally I would like half the map, more verticality, more character interaction, more responsive AI, but that's not what the majority of gamers want.

Loostreaks

I got THE COMPLETE OFFICIAL GUIDE COLLECTOR'S EDITION in post today and after reading it for a while I can definitely say that 95% of choices in this game are like picking between water and diet water.

:messenger_hushed:
What kind of choices/consequences do you think are "meaningfull" in games like this?
Characters can die or they can take some small part in later missions ( like Maelstrom mission), quests can fail or continue and open additional quests, there are different rewards, scenes and resolutions to the quests, and you can get very different endings: based on choices that you have here.
In Alpha Protocol, how you treat characters alters some dialogue at certain points, can affect which character takes place in final mission: but you'll still be doing pretty much the same things, going through the same missions, and epilogue will be the same ( changing with who is with you on the boat ride).
In New Vegas, Mr. House arc is almost exactly the same as NCR: you only get very small variation in the final mission. How you deal with smaller factions, like boomers, can lead to them heaving a very small appearance at the end, and most "consequences" of all the other quests are shown in post game sliders. ( so they're not even really in the game). Legion story arc alters few major quests, but it's severely underdeveloped and still leads to exactly the same final mission. And yay: different sliders.
Fallout I and II: pretty much the same, with even less consequences. ( you typically do quests in one of the "hubs", move on, and you get good/bad/neutral slider at the end)
Bloodlines practically had no c&c to speak of, your choice of clan was meaningless in narrative, and only thing you could alter is game's ending : which all lead to exactly the same outcome( only difference being what happened to MC).
Dragon Age Origins: no real openings to new quests, only mage questline could impact another, some small variation to small number of scenes, only difference is you get a "magic button" to summon an ally ( from major resolved plot points) for the final mission. And sliders, ofc. Similar goes with second and Inquisition.
Mass Effect 1: none, 1 major character death. Mass Effect 2: only end game brief cutscenes alteration, character deaths. Mass Effect 3: Different characters show up, some dialogue cosmetic variation, only two major plots can be resolved differently ( Quarian/Krogan) with small cut scene variation, few character can die, Blue/Red/Green at the ending.
Kotor 1: only final good/evil variation at final mission. Kotor 2: pretty much the same.
And I could go all day...and most "old school" rpgs had even less (like Icewind Dale, NWN, BG, etc)
I'm genuinely curious about these mystical rpgs that drastically alter large quests and major plot points, into multiple long, branching quests, that go into completely different directions with wide variety of different outcomes, based on all the player choices.

Last edited:
Personally I would like half the map, more verticality, more character interaction, more responsive AI, but that's not what the majority of gamers want.
I agree.
What kind of choices/consequences do you think are "meaningfull" in games like this?
Characters can die or they can take some small part in later missions ( like Maelstrom mission), quests can fail or continue and open additional quests, there are different rewards, scenes and resolutions to the quests, and you can get very different endings: based on choices that you have here.
In Alpha Protocol, how you treat characters alters some dialogue at certain points, can affect which character takes place in final mission: but you'll still be doing pretty much the same things, going through the same missions, and epilogue will be the same ( changing with who is with you on the boat ride).
In New Vegas, Mr. House arc is almost exactly the same as NCR: you only get very small variation in the final mission. How you deal with smaller factions, like boomers, can lead to them heaving a very small appearance at the end, and most "consequences" of all the other quests are shown in post game sliders. ( so they're not even really in the game). Legion story arc alters few major quests, but it's severely underdeveloped and still leads to exactly the same final mission. And yay: different sliders.
Fallout I and II: pretty much the same, with even less consequences. ( you typically do quests in one of the "hubs", move on, and you get good/bad/neutral slider at the end)
Bloodlines practically had no c&c to speak of, your choice of clan was meaningless in narrative, and only thing you could alter is game's ending : which all lead to exactly the same outcome( only difference being what happened to MC).
Dragon Age Origins: no real openings to new quests, only mage questline could impact another, some small variation to small number of scenes, only difference is you get a "magic button" to summon an ally ( from major resolved plot points) for the final mission. And sliders, ofc. Similar goes with second and Inquisition.
Mass Effect 1: none, 1 major character death. Mass Effect 2: only end game brief cutscenes alteration, character deaths. Mass Effect 3: Different characters show up, some dialogue cosmetic variation, only two major plots can be resolved differently ( Quarian/Krogan) with small cut scene variation, few character can die, Blue/Red/Green at the ending.
Kotor 1: only final good/evil variation at final mission. Kotor 2: pretty much the same.
And I could go all day...and most "old school" rpgs had even less (like Icewind Dale, NWN, BG, etc)
I'm genuinely curious about these mystical rpgs that drastically alter large quests and major plot points, into multiple long, branching quests, that go into completely different directions with wide variety of different outcomes, based on all the player choices.
Too much text, sorry can't be bothered to read it all at the moment.

The only quest that's really fleshed out is The Pickup. No wonder why they picked it up as a gameplay showcase in 2018. Nothing else in the game comes even remotely close to it in terms of complexity.

An example of meaningful choice is for example:

When you decide to go and try to save Goro. What makes it even more special is the fact that game is not telling you to try it, hell even discourages you from doing so.

waquzy

Lucky you then I guess as most PC players experience that, or maybe you are just in denial?! It’s got nothing to do with memory, do some research, it’s the actual game design!

Last edited:
Seems I'm not alone with my interest in Night City fashion:

Dress up, or look like a gonk, your choice:
On Nexusmods there's a zip file with pictures of all clothing pieces available in the game. Each file is named as it appears in game files so you can add it to your inventory using cyber console.

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't think it's unfair to expect a tentpole title like Cyberpunk to have traffic AI that's at least on par with a game like GTAIV that came out TWELVE YEARS ago, and to be a little disappointed with what we ended up having.

It's perfectly possible to enjoy the game and still be critical about certain elements. Better NPC AI would've made such a drastic difference I'm still kinda boggled how they fumbled this aspect so hard. It's not like there aren't other games out there that they could've used as "inspiration".

waquzy

The world of Cyberpunk 2077 is a next-gen diorama. It's beautiful to look at. Just make sure not to touch it or the illusion is gone.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'some stupid words'. Complete lack of driving AI for NPCs? If yes then ask yourself why you don't see:
  • cars switching lines
Excellent post.
To summarise:

All style and no substance!!

MadYarpen

C77 is clearly "next generation of open world adventures/rpg" just because it doesn't have some one feature from some other game it doesn't make it less so. World is easily the most complex of any game ever and at the same time it looks best out of all games.

It is next gen, and yet it is outdated at the same time.

Lack of basic stuff such as AI breaks immersion, world is not believable any more when NPCs disappear or go into panic mode when you drive by. Simple as that. And that's exactly the opposite from what they have been saying all the time.

As much as I love the game (and I really think it is the best or one of the best things I have ever played) I really hate that I have to ignore such glaring issues to fully enjoy it. You know, I have to play it in a certain way to avoid that stuff. They did something incredible with FPP perspective and immersive story telling, and then idiotic NPC behaviour ruins a lot of this. So does stupid AI of enemies. I can reset someone's system and an enemy standing next to him will not notice unles he looks directly at him, they don't avoid/throw back granades at you etc.

The game does not have to have features of other games. I don't give the fuck about car customization for example. I also don't give the fuck about purchasable apartments or their customization. But it should be competent in all that really matters, and how the city behaves and how enemies behave, are two of those areas.

In my opinion, Night City is one of the stars of this game. What they did is really incredible. I think they could release 3 more full AAA games set in this night city every 2-3 years, with different main caracter, different stories, different NPCs and some minor refreshments to the city, and those games could be fresh and unique. The city is so big and complex. Fuck, affter 70 hours in game I still have to use the map to drive around the city. In any other game I didn't really need that. So it really sucks they didn't manage to fully finish it.

Kadayi

Banned

• cars switching lines

The game has some issues for sure, but frankly, it's only going to be improved and tbh, the positives far outweigh the negatives, at least as far as those of us who spend our time playing the game and exploring it feel versus those who spend their days trawling Reddit for clickbait. There's a decent foundation to be built upon, and it's a given that pretty much all of these issues are temporal in nature. If you're truly bothered. You'd be as well to post up at the Cyberpunk forums themselves as they're much more likely to be read by the dev team versus here.

The game has some issues for sure, but frankly, it's only going to be improved and tbh, the positives far outweigh the negatives, at least as far as those of us who spend our time playing the game and exploring it feel versus those who spend their days trawling Reddit for clickbait. There's a decent foundation to be built upon, and it's a given that pretty much all of these issues are temporal in nature. If you're truly bothered. You'd be as well to post up at the Cyberpunk forums themselves as they're much more likely to be read by the dev team versus here.
I spend 242 hours playing and exploring the game. Criticizing something you like is not illegal. Devs know everything that we are posting here anyway. They knew it prior to the release as well.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I mean - even the Cyberpsychos were not handled the same way as the Witcher contracts. They do not have their own dedicated icon, nor are these that elaborate. I would have loved for them to be tied to a common event e.g. prison break, with each psycho being distinct so that you could tackle them in a different way, for example by talking to them and making them surrender if you grabbed enough background info beforehand.

Instead we get: get to an icon, discover it is a cyberpsycho spot, find the dude, kill him, read 2-3 lines of background info on the shard, be on your way.

Loostreaks

I agree.

Too much text, sorry can't be bothered to read it all at the moment.

The only quest that's really fleshed out is The Pickup. No wonder why they picked it up as a gameplay showcase in 2018. Nothing else in the game comes even remotely close to it in terms of complexity.

An example of meaningful choice is for example:

When you decide to go and try to save Goro. What makes it even more special is the fact that game is not telling you to try it, hell even discourages you from doing so.
That was definitely the best quest in the game, in terms of choices and player agency. But here's the thing: when people bring about older games, they always remember the best parts of it. How you deal with Benny or Beyond the Beef, were also stand-outs in New Vegas ( and they really did not have any consequences later on). Almost all of the other quests in the game didn't have anywhere near the same complexity in quest design.
From narrative side and rpg mechanics, New Vegas definitely is a lot better than Cyberpunk in it's mission design. From gameplay perspective, level design and how your character build allows you to tackle missions: it's the other way around.

I don't give the fuck about car customization for example. I also don't give the fuck about purchasable apartments or their customization. But it should be competent in all that really matters, and how the city behaves and how enemies behave, are two of those areas.

In my opinion, Night City is one of the stars of this game. What they did is really incredible. I think they could release 3 more full AAA games set in this night city every 2-3 years, with different main caracter, different stories, different NPCs and some minor refreshments to the city, and those games could be fresh and unique. The city is so big and complex. Fuck, affter 70 hours in game I still have to use the map to drive around the city. In any other game I didn't really need that. So it really sucks they didn't manage to fully finish it.
Their marketing and management really fucked up there. You can see clear disrepancy in how devs talk about the game in interviews ( rpg with focus on handcrafted content and missions) and promotion in trailers ( "It's GTA on steroids, man.. Live your life in Night City!"). Their number 1 priority, besides bugfixing, should be improvement/overhaul of AI and simulation systems.

aries_71

Their marketing and management really fucked up there. You can see clear disrepancy in how devs talk about the game in interviews ( rpg with focus on handcrafted content and missions) and promotion in trailers ( "It's GTA on steroids, man.. Live your life in Night City!"). Their number 1 priority, besides bugfixing, should be improvement/overhaul of AI and simulation systems.

Right now their projected cash cow, the Cyberpunk online version, is dead in the water. They may as well cancel it, since the IP is close to being toxic in the PR aspect. They better overhaul the AI systems, as you mention, to try to regain some market confidence. It may be too late, though.

waquzy

Some issues?! lol, it’s time for you to remove the tinted glasses and see the truth. The game won’t be and can’t be fixed by few patches, it needs No Man Sky like overhaul, basically CDPR would have to start from pretty much zero to fix the game engine.

harmny

Banned

as they do in a lot of other games. as i said. i tried to replicate the effect and it doesn't happen to me. of course i am able to replicate the shooting my gun and turning around and everyone is gone but that is obviously a bug. not a feature. and i did notice the billobards flickering yes.

Lucky you then I guess as most PC players experience that, or maybe you are just in denial?! It’s got nothing to do with memory, do some research, it’s the actual game design!

so this is how it went down you say
cdpr design meeting:
- hey guys. so today i thought of a great idea. if you turn around every car changes. that way people can see all the amazing cars we made.
- sounds great let's do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom