• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Delayed to December 10

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
This blows. The Witcher 3, for those that don’t remember, had 5 delays. Each time they promised there wouldn’t be more delays, too.

So yeah, it’s possible this thing will get pushed back to next year, but I hope not.

zwiggelbig

They really are the absolute worst with release dates lmao
But this is good for me! More chance I can get a series x to play cyberpunk before others have already played it

This is a fucking joke. Complete incompetence from CDPR, seems like they got infiltrated by 343. Doesn't speak well about the game, if they can't even get a date right and you have to delay it 3 times God knows in what state this game is.

reforen

so tomorrow will go out the new Crunch article by Jason Schreirer and the random CDPR developer, they have shown a lot of stuff lately and they said the game was gold so seems they found some bugs to be fixed

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wait for the next gen patch anyway.
Hopefully that patch doesn't keep on getting delayed as well lol

Why do I have a feeling it will be a few weeks or months delay after December aswell, then the scrap the current gen versions and just launch a next gen only version

mejin

tenor.gif

Wunray

Fully believe that the ps4/xb1 versions are causing these delays, I would say cut support but that would not be a good move financially. This game isn't coming out this year.

Edit: TLOU 2 now has a direct path to sweep awards season.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Actually that gives them a clear 3 week window of no huge game releases. It lets them step away from the launch 2-week window and lets things cool down. They will have the floor to themselves and get sole media attention as well. They won't have to compete with all of the launch hoopla.

cormack12

Gold Member
What's interesting is that this pretty much means the day 1 patch is a necessity. They're not happy for people to play through the game in its current state without the patch. And you basically need to be online to get said patch.

R6Rider

Gold Member
*thinks of something positive about this*

At least I get more time with Demon's Souls before jumping into Night City.

ethomaz

Banned
Going "gold" simply means the game is content complete. No more quests, characters, etc. should be added at this point.

What this delay means...probably that performance on some versions (PS4, Xbox One, maybe?) is still far too shitty, so they're crunching to patch it on release day.
Game going gold is actually the gold master being sent to be pressed on physical discs... that master is suppose to be full playable from from begin to end without need updates.

So that game never gone gold or what is pressed on discs are a broken version lol

For digital it makes no sense.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
It went gold, meaning that the physical version is broken.

The physical version now has no worth. Just go digital.

RNG

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo

Good thing I got Yakuza Like a Dragon to keep me company for a while though.

YuLY

Ok I honestly did not expect this, even took a few days off from work, and I wont be able to take in December in that period. This is a joke and smells of incompetency or at the very least, lack of faith in certain features. I dont buy that its just because of all the versions they have to support. I was totally fine with all the delays up until this point, but now I have to wait and ruined my free days cause they need to support Stadia ? :sick:

A bad game is bad... A delayed game is....

Sighs..

Jeez I would have been fine if they just said it was a December to start off. This constant date changing is exhausting.

Madonis

Game going gold is actually the gold master being sent to be pressed on physical discs... that master is suppose to be full playable from from begin to end without need updates.

So that game never gone gold.

For digital it makes no sense.

I'd presume we can definitely complete the main game as it stands, if they're telling the truth.

But you'll probably run into some severe FPS drops in the last few areas, several textures might be buggy, some side quest triggers might not work as intended, etc.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Also, luckily I didn't ask day off of work yet. I'm going to have to wait until maybe a week before at this rate lol

Going "gold" simply means the game is content complete. No more quests, characters, etc. should be added at this point.

What this delay means...probably that performance on some versions (PS4, Xbox One, maybe?) is still far too shitty, so they're crunching to patch it on release day.
I mean, that's gotta be it right? Have we seen any PS4/One footage at all? A screenshot even?

This is a fucking joke. Complete incompetence from CDPR, seems like they got infiltrated by 343. Doesn't speak well about the game, if they can't even get a date right and you have to delay it 3 times God knows in what state this game is.
Lol

Also Halo got delayed just once

Top Bottom