• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Delayed to December 10

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Ok I'm very disappointed, but if it help the game to ship in better condition, then be it.

That's not cool...

unknown.png

Last edited:

Mhmmm 2077

Well, now they missed The Game Awards 2020 for sure... and I'm sure none of the journalists will remember to include it as a candidate in 2021.

FunkMiller

Well, it’s not like we haven’t seen a single frame of this game running on current gen consoles or anything.

I‘m sure it’s all JUST FINE.

Saber

You guys are pushing your luck. Either release or don't, you're trying the patience of the ones who supported this lol

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

They're a prime example of why you don't give out dates without knowing for SURE that it's something you can hit. One slip up is one thing, but this? Come on now, lol. Even their community manager taking care of their social pages has been throwing out guarantees. Hell, during my first few days as a community manager that was something my boss told me several times over.

"Never guarantee something that we/you cannot guarantee. If we can't hit that date, then it can blow up in our face in more ways than one. Be it release dates, bug fixes, patches, etc."

I put a few extra days in for CP2077, now that's not happening. But hey, whatever, I have a lot of extra vacation time. But I dunno if I'll be able to put in days for CP2077's release now, lol.

Last edited:
I don't think we've seen anything other than PC.
That's absolutely crazy to me. We were potentially just a few weeks away from their releases! Think of how many people have seen CyberPunk, PC Version, thinking that is what they'll get from their PS4/One version. Not everyone follows videogames that closely to know that there are different versions.

ethomaz

Banned
so tomorrow will go out the new Crunch article by Jason Schreirer and the random CDPR developer, they have shown a lot of stuff lately and they said the game was gold so seems they found some bugs to be fixed
Imagine devs already crushing for months have to crunch more one month lol

That is what is happening.

And some tried to days it was just few weeks lol.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
*thinks of something positive about this*

At least I get more time with Demon's Souls before jumping into Night City.
Yeah, more time with demons\launch titles is one of the few positive things about the delay (that and more polish for the game of course).

Arkam

Came to post the Vader "NOOOOO!" meme.... but this actually works out for me. I have SM:MM and Demon's Souls to play in November. This date, plus holiday travel, it might be easy to wait for a few patches to iron out the kinks. Pick the game up mid January and have a great time.

Kssio_Aug

For Christ sake, again??? Why is it so hard to tell us a date which they can actually accomplish? This sounds like a stupid joke.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Godfall, Call of Duty, or Valhalla.... witch one to get to fill the time.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ok I honestly did not expect this, even took a few days off from work, and I wont be able to take in December in that period. This is a joke and smells of incompetency or at the very least, lack of faith in certain features. I dont buy that its just because of all the versions they have to support. I was totally fine with all the delays up until this point, but now I have to wait and ruined my free days cause they need to support Stadia ? :sick:

If you think the pc streaming stadia version needs work, I have news for you.

Its the 2013 consoles holding this back

ethomaz

Banned
I'd presume we can definitely complete the main game as it stands, if they're telling the truth.

But you'll probably run into some severe FPS drops in the last few areas, several textures might be buggy, some side quest triggers might not work as intended, etc.
FPS and texture bugs never delayed games.
Broken bugs yes.

The delay means they found some really critical bug that put the game in unplayable state.

If not they could just do a patch a week after release.

Delay = $$$$ out and not getting in.

Last edited:

Warnen

People loosing there shit over a 1 month delay, that Sony racing arena game got a 3 month delay and no one cared. People just want cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Starfield

People loosing there shit over a 1 month delay, that Sony racing area game got a 3 month delay and no one cared. People just want cyberpunk.
If they cant hold a release date 2 times in a row they probably wont hold it the third time either.

This be a Q1 2021 game, 100%

Vawn

Banned
So "Gone Gold" officially doesn't mean shit.

But who really cares? We will all be playing Demon's Souls anyway.

Last edited:

Warnen

If they cant hold a release date 2 times in a row they probably wont hold it the third time either.

This be a Q1 2021 game, 100%

fine by me, lots of other things to fill the time with. No need to rush greatness.

Top Bottom