• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk gold copies in the wild, PS4 gameplay leaks

Romulus

I don’t get why people are saying this looks bad on base PS4 - it looks actually way better than I thought it would

The textures, lighting, and npcs are all toned down. Not to mention bottom of the barrel resolution and framerate. It looks good for a ps4 game, but at this point that's not saying much at all.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
The textures, lighting, and npcs are all toned down. Not to mention bottom of the barrel resolution and framerate. It looks good for a ps4 game, but at this point that's not saying much at all.

No it's not. But the mere fact that people have to judge it based on the lowest platform available speaks volumes. We are already so rushed to call it overhyped.

The game will look it's best on the PC anyway. Something that the console-ONLY players won't be able to enjoy all the new RT features, higher resolution and faster framerates.

Last edited:
I'm just saying the PS4 is trash and it looks the part. Nice that they got it running, but I said the same thing about Doom or Witcher 3 on Switch.
I guess our standards are different then. The next gen consoles just came out - PS4 games still look pretty good to me so I’m totally fine with this. Obviously the top way to play it will be on pc with the Nvidia cards - but I can definitely live with these graphics.

Romulus

I guess our standards are different then. The next gen consoles just came out - PS4 games still look pretty good to me so I’m totally fine with this. Obviously the top way to play it will be on pc with the Nvidia cards - but I can definitely live with these graphics.

Yeah I just feel like with a game like this most of its soul has been stripped away with all the downgrades. If you build a game around ps4s weak hardware, it can look good for what it is. Sony studios have incredible artists too.

Last edited:
The game looks solid to me running unpatched on a base PS4. I will get this for PS5 and PC.

Looking forward to when they update the next gen console versions next year.

Last edited:

vkbest

Yeah, they are running in BC gen 2 mode. There are some limitations in this mode, as devs told us.

Even at BC gen 1/2 mode, we have games running at double or more framerate than PS4/Pro. Besides, Cyberpunk could use boost mode if they want. So this is not limitation, is a decision of developer. They probably can't access to some specs the machine like RT, GE, SSD new system, but only with raw power, they could make a enhanced version from day 1 until they develop the real next gen version

Last edited:
Big Oof.

Game looks and runs like crap on the PS4.

I'm assuming that's the OG PS4, but I'm not holding my breathe for the Pro to do be significantly better.

Also, I shall assume because this is unpatched - that's why some weird things show up like the hand twisted in the opening scene of the game when MC staring at the mirror and looks at his patch.

I'll just play on PC and double dip on PS5 when I get one next year for the RT experience.
How does this game look bad on PS4? I think it looks good.

MadYarpen

Remember the game went gold at the begining of November - and I supose this is the version you can see here. Or something close to that.

I hope with more than 2 months they can fix a lot of issues. There is a crunch for a reason. More than 2 months, some of that time with 6 days of work / week, so regardless of what you think about dev's situation, I really think the most visible issues should be solved by December 10th.

Just to put the gameplay in the perspective.

waquzy

I mean delayed multiple times. I don't get why people are using months old footage 2 weeks from release date (hopefully) to complain about the game.
Months old, weeks old, days old, it doesn’t matter, in every footage the streets are pretty much empty, lacking atmosphere.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

I thought it would benefit for more stable PS4 fps, and from dynamic resolutions on PS5 at launch... is the PS5 Upgrade Available just the retrocompatibility mode??
yh should be boost from Pro , not just PS4. so what Pro will get upgraded , PS5 will boost that for stable fps at least
so depends what upgrade Pro gets lets say higher res or more visuals, then PS5 could boost all that , ,thats without upgrade patch.
It's just going to be the PS4 Pro version and nothing more until they patch it. it's a joke, best way to play it is on PC. PS5 make do any enhancing over PS4 modes without a patch. Series X might be have some slight improvements from one X.

Gediminas

Banned
this game is gonna be a disaster on consoles until the next gen patch releases. i may very well just wait..

cd red are fumbling big time

It's just going to be the PS4 Pro version and nothing more until they patch it. it's a joke, best way to play it is on PC. PS5 make do any enhancing over PS4 modes without a patch. Series X might be have some slight improvements from one X.

what does it means 'Native'? people are crazy, making shit up about this game. developers already said that the game is getting Day 1 Soft patch on next-gen console(4k?60fps?). Sony requested that all games from July forward must work in BC, so it will work on PS5 BC too.
feck this negativity.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

what does it means 'Native'? people are crazy, making shit up about this game. developers already said that the game is getting Day 1 Soft patch on next-gen console(4k?60fps?). Sony requested that all games from July forward must work in BC, so it will work on PS5 BC too.
feck this negativity.
Itll work in backwards compatibility and thats all it will do. With all the downgrades of the base ps4 model.

Top Bottom