• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk Patch 1.2 patch notes released || Out NOW ||

nowhat

The moment-to-moment gameplay in regards to cops, pedestrians and NPC vehicles still has the same jank as before this patch: randomly teleporting cops, pedestrians [de]spawning when out of view, vehicles still unable to drive around the slightest of obstacles, general AI still completely unable to deal with basically any deviation from the programmed path.
Or as CDPR likes to call it - "we're going gold!"

nkarafo

Unfortunately the short answer is no, no improvements in the categories you mentioned.

The moment-to-moment gameplay in regards to cops, pedestrians and NPC vehicles still has the same jank as before this patch: randomly teleporting cops, pedestrians [de]spawning when out of view, vehicles still unable to drive around the slightest of obstacles, general AI still completely unable to deal with basically any deviation from the programmed path.
Thanks. I guess i'll wait for the next updates then.

nowhat

This. I have no sympathy for whiners playing Cyberpunk like it's a GTA game.
Do you have any sympathy for whiners trying to play Cyberpunk as an RPG? Because it does a piss-poor job at it. You have the origin stories - which basically amount to nothing (in the end, you're a street kid) apart from some dialogue choices that really don't affect anything. Sure, there are multiple endings to choose from - but again, it's a matter of how much you want to grind it out with various side missions. Or very specific conditions if you want to get the secret ending. But at any rate, your role-playing role, as it were, basically amounts to what ending you want to get. No, telling someone to fuck off is not branching. It's pruning.

Dries

Do you have any sympathy for whiners trying to play Cyberpunk as an RPG? Because it does a piss-poor job at it. You have the origin stories - which basically amount to nothing (in the end, you're a street kid) apart from some dialogue choices that really don't affect anything. Sure, there are multiple endings to choose from - but again, it's a matter of how much you want to grind it out with various side missions. Or very specific conditions if you want to get the secret ending. But at any rate, your role-playing role, as it were, basically amounts to what ending you want to get. No, telling someone to fuck off is not branching. It's pruning.

Don't know what to say man. Cyberpunk 2077 is my personal GOTY so yeah, I guess opinions differ.

waquzy

not sure if repost but

nice work CDPR

can't wait for Starfield btw

So everything is pretty much the same. To be fair there is only so much you can change with the broken game code in the first place, in order to make drastic changes to the core gameplay you would have to start from scratch, and CDPR ain't going to do that...

harmny

Banned

Disco elysium Is regarded as one of the best role playing games of the last decade and you can't really change the story at all. I guess that game does a piss poor job too right? Because it's just "pruning" going by your definition.

And we're talking about an isometric rpg with no combat.

Last edited:

nowhat

Disco elysium Is regarded as one of the best role playing games of the last decade and you can't really change the story at all. I guess that game does a piss poor job too right? Because it's just "pruning" going by your definition.
Haven't played that one yet, so no comment. But we were promised a world where each and every action we take will affect the game. And... ehh.

Ah yes - well placed criticism. "a game that didn't start development until almost 2020 lol. Seriously, more development went into marketing than actual development of the game." I'm not going to waste my time explaining why you are a retard. Just going to quote again what you initially said. If you think that's well placed criticism. Seek help.

It would honestly be lost on me, and I appreciate you looking out for me, thanks! (You probably don't want your free CP2077 code to get revoked, and I understand).

Gamezone

Gold Member
Dont know about that. I remember touching knee deep water in Skyrim on ps3 crashing the whole ps3.

It's not just how buggy the game is, and how bad it runs. I'm also talking about how CDPR went out of their way to cover things up. The game was a complete scam. Not allowing reviewers to use their own gameplay footage because they knew how terrible it was.

NeonDelta

i stopped playing after 6 hours or so to wait for a 3000 series GPU and a few patches. i have the 3070 and now it seems we have a decent sized patch. i also happen to have this week off work.

time to plug myself back in :messenger_beaming:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I just play for a bit, because I am working on my VPS upgrade, compilation and all that good Linux stuff. And.....what did they actually fixed, outside of the framerate, there are same fucking bugs everywhere. I honestly don't see this being anything close to major patch, if it would be hotfix, I would believe them.

Anyway where is that Driving model toggle, like they teased? I don't see it anywhere. Did anyone of you actually found it?

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Haven't played that one yet, so no comment. But we were promised a world where each and every action we take will affect the game. And... ehh.
That's fair, but different endings or even the world reflecting the player actions are not genre-defining for RPGs.
Many RPGs have neither of that.

Now, an RPG's gameplay must reflect the player's choices of building their character.
Does the game play different with different builds? Allow different approaches, maybe even locking content for multiple playthroughs? If it plays the same with all builds, then yeah, really does fail at being an RPG.

On the actual topic of the game: I really don't think I'm going to play this before Christmas.

Last edited:

Starfield

The game was removed because they CDPR told the customers they will do refunds, not because it was bugged. If you think it was removed because of the bugs and not because Playstation didn't want all the hassle of refunds because their refund policy sucks, then you are naive.
I literally don't care mate

Rikkori

No fix for grainy SSR and blurry TAA at 1440p

Because it's not possible to fix it so long as it's all done heavily on temporal accumulation, and for them to change that would require a lot of re-engineering and would hit the fps a lot harder too. Tbh I had no issue with grainy SSR at 65%+ of 4K and 60 fps (SSR high or ultra). The higher the fps & the higher the res, the less obvious it is, but the reverse is also true, which is why it looks so horrible on consoles.

Saiyan-Rox

Started a new game after the patch. Jackie still walks through the elevator doors before they open. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Yep I rolled my eyes hard at that...begining of the game and wham glitch.

Not a good way to start a game off.

But I pushed through that bit and continued on.

TIGERCOOL

Playing on PC - rtx 2070 and ryzen 3600. Noticing a lot less jank in general though there's still some annoying shit like trash bags exploding and disappearing traffic in the distance. Occasionally some bigger graphical bugs but nowhere near as bad as it was in December. Anyone saying otherwise is suffering serious recency bias or trolling.

Performance seems a lot more stable. Switching between balanced and quality dlss at 1440p with psycho ssr and medium/high for the rest and rarely dipping below 60. Forgot how fucking good this game can look, especially at night. Psycho SSR makes all the difference tbh and I'm stoked that I can finally use it without frequent dips to the low 50s and mid 40s in dense areas. Very happy with my current performance/visual tradeoff. Thats a first.

Now to finish the main missions and big side missions which are, and always have been, excellent. This is how the game should have lauched...if you have the hardware it's finally an experience I would recommend.

Last edited:
It's not just how buggy the game is, and how bad it runs. I'm also talking about how CDPR went out of their way to cover things up. The game was a complete scam. Not allowing reviewers to use their own gameplay footage because they knew how terrible it was.
IMO half the blame goes to Game Journalism, those staunch advocates of Mah Consumer Rights, who did jack shit to inquire why they were not allowed to see any advance footage, who kept promoting the game despite it, then as soon as it was convenient, turns against them. For how many years did they hype this game? And not a single one actually wanted to see console footage? For real? There have to be tends of thousands of these "investigative journalists" around the world, not a fucking one of them looked into this???

Like, if you fuckers had been doing your jobs, instead of bitching about tweets and boob sliders, we all would have seen this coming. They were fucking complicit.

Tbh i have tremendous respect for CDPR making good and coming out and giving refunds almost immediately. When Fallout 76 came out and was a shitshow, they didn't allow refunds at all. Compared to other companies CDPR has been incredibly transparent post-launch.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
This game can't be fixed.
The game fault goes beyond just performance. It is rooted in the game design itself. Even Valhalla (An Assassin's Creed Ubisoft game famous with that design philosophy) is not as bloated with that many markers as CP77. Also saying the game is unbalanced is a big understatement. Many useless skills it is like they forced the RPG design last minute.

Marketing made this one of the biggest RPG launches ever but also probably killed the games legs once word of mouth spread.

There are so many open world games were you have near to zero interaction with the world and the NPCs just stand there doing nothing or are in noclip mode (GoT, Horizon, Days Gone and Spider-Man recently) so you can’t break the game as there is nothing to break. Cyberpunk made the mistake of giving you freedom but half arsing it which made it easy to ridicule.

I played it on PC and had a great time. Restarted last night and was hooked again. There is still a lot of jank and user unfriendly features so I can see why people were dissapointed but I got more than my money’s worth.

Flabagast

At this point, I would really not expect much honestly.
Why ? Next gens CPUs & SSDs alone should allow massive increases in performance and visual quality accross the board with small efforts. The next gen launch is the chance for CDPR to redeem themselves and release a stand out product that could be well sold throughout the entire generation if they do it right. This + DLCs + the list of QoL improvements that we should get accross the year before the relaunch (as with any CDPR game) may well result in a night & day difference when next gen versions hit the market (but we should not dream of the impossible, I do not think that for example AI would be massively improved - I don't care personally -).

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Still waiting for that native PS5 version with all fixes in a bout 9 months for $20. What a shit show of a game.

Alebrije

After this patch I am afraid they will never fix this game...is so broken that they should start from cero or let it die...

K' Dash

Chill out, man, it was just a joke. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

didn't get the sarcasm.

most of the time we as devs (I'm not a game dev, but this happens with any kind of software development) know when shit is broken, the QA people flood our queues with bugs to fix, but in the end the customer or higher ups are the ones who decide if the code goes live or not.

hemo memo

Gold Member
didn't get the sarcasm.

most of the time we as devs (I'm not a game dev, but this happens with any kind of software development) know when shit is broken, the QA people flood our queues with bugs to fix, but in the end the customer or higher ups are the ones who decide if the code goes live or not.
CDPR said the game will be released "when it's ready". They knew the game is broken. They hid the console versions. They didn't allowed the media to use their own footage in reviews. They did everything to cover up this disaster release. What is worse is how proud they are for being "pro-consumer".

They are opening a new studio in Vancouver

ExvL9-KWYAAvET4

Prolly because of the dank money they made by selling this POS. LOL

K' Dash

CDPR said the game will be released "when it's ready". They knew the game is broken. They hid the console versions. They didn't allowed the media to use their own footage in reviews. They did everything to cover up this disaster release. What is worse is how proud they are for being "pro-consumer".

when they guy writing the cheques orders to deploy the code, we just deploy the code. This has nothing to do with the developers, who probably wanted more time to work on the game.

All those problems you listed, those decisions taken by the people above us and its not exclusive to the gaming industry.

Mato

I can't believe they didn't fix that fucking venting machine mission. I enjoyed the game thoroughly but I can't tell what this 50GB patch did.

nowhat

Tbh i have tremendous respect for CDPR making good and coming out and giving refunds almost immediately.
Do you have tremendous respect for them not allowing own footage or not sending out console codes before release?

Or saying it runs "surprisingly well" on previous gen consoles? Where that was coming from?

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Do you have tremendous respect for them not allowing own footage or not sending out console codes before release?

Maybe for offering a refund to ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE that wanted to even if they had already finished the game and in the case of physical copies even allowing them to keep the game after the refund

Top Bottom