• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D23 Expo Japan -- Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater

Famassu

yeah but I thought they were just going to shove her away until the final battle of KH3 or something. I'm glad to learn she plays a big part from the get-go.
They didn't shove her away in KHII where she didn't have much of a role for a majority of the game, why would they shove her away when she's an actual keyblade wielder and as such should be a more active & productive member of the team?

They didn't shove her away in KHII where she didn't have much of a role for a majority of the game, why would they shove her away when she's an actual keyblade wielder and as such should be a more active & productive member of the team?

It's looking more and more like all three are going to be very important and proactive through the whole game.

Makes me happy.

NeatoKuni

CS36dWBVEAA_eg9.jpg

https://twitter.com/sanbou7_7/status/661460107146821632

is this not marluxia?
interesting

Falk

that puzzling face
It's looking more and more like all three are going to be very important and proactive through the whole game.

Makes me happy.

Rikku confirmed for third wheel throughout the entire game.

I mean Kairi confirmed for third wheel throughout the entire game.

DKHF

Disappointed that there was no new world revealed but I'm fine with more gameplay in the Tangled world and 0.2 footage.

lol, yeah they did. She was just running around for the majority of the game until the last hour or so when she gets a keyblade. Even then she stays behind during the final battle. I'm talking about Kairi fighting alongside Sora and Riku, she's obviously going to be present in KH3 but it could be like KH2. The new image confirms we're going to see her in action from the very beginning and that just gets me really excited.

Famassu

Makes me happy.
Yeah, I just don't know whether we'll ever get to actually play as Kairi or if the whole game will be Sora Only show again. I'm hoping that there will at the very least be some story related segments where we get to control people other than Sora (like Ciri in The Witcher 3), even if Sora is the main star of the game.

Yeah, I just don't know whether we'll ever get to actually play as Kairi or if the whole game will be Sora Only show again. I'm hoping that there will at the very least be some story related segments where we get to control people other than Sora (like Ciri in The Witcher 3), even if Sora is the main star of the game.

I fully expect at least one playable level per keyblade wielder. Maybe the BBS characters are relegated to party members but Sora, Riku, Kairi, and Roxas are are gonna get burn IMO.

Psxphile

Shit. Mar-mar confirmed
part of the True Org
? Shit doesn't make sense... which of course means it has a pretty good chance of being true. :eek:

So there's a 2.8 trailer along with a KH3 trailer.

The 2.8 trailer has all of the Union Leaders from KHχ voiced which should be interesting.

The new KH3 trailer will show more of the Tangled and Olympus Worlds along with the rest of the Xehanort-Eraqus conversation. That, and the Marluxia nobody.

ffdgh

Shit. Mar-mar confirmed
part of the True Org
? Shit doesn't make sense... which of course means it has a pretty good chance of being true. :eek:

To be fair, the old coot is too smart to let someone as strong as marluxia go to waste lol.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
At this rate Haley Joel Osment is on his deathbed before we get to launch trailer.

The entire cast is old already (13+ years since KH1), this is how Haley Joel Osment looks like now:

rs_634x1024-140910094139-634-2haley-joel-osmond.ls.91014.jpg

Can you imagine him voicing this guy?

latest

Rough Translation from KHInsider of the Full Eraqus-Xehanort conversation in the new KH3 Trailer:

New lines of dialogue are in bold

Xehanort: Have you heard of the Ancient Keyblade War?
Eraqus: Of course I do.
Xehanort: That thing where long, long ago, Keyblade Wielders struggled over the light
Eraqus: Yeah, the Master's favorite story.
Xehanort: I guess they wanted to use the light they'd struggled for to make Kingdom Hearts appear, and do something
Eraqus: Guess so… I can't understand the reason why anyone'd start a war
Xehanort: So, you know of the Lost Masters
Eraqus: What's that?
Xehanort: They're the ones who started the Keyblade War.
Eraqus: Never heard of them.
Xehanort: No, more like, it was for their sake… I think.
Eraqus: What are you even talking about?
Xehanort: You can drop the facade.
Eraqus: Know what?
Xehanort: On that land shall darkness prevail and light expire. You'll soon be up for masterhood candidacy, there's no way you don't know.
Eraqus: Well.
Xehanort: The staring eyes see all. The future, it's already been written.
Eraqus: Who's to say I can't change it, and maybe Light will prevail.
Xehanort: You're rather confident. But aren't you at a disadvantage in this match?
Eraqus: But unlike Darkness, there is more to Light that meets the eye. You might be surprised.
Xehanort: Oh, I hope so.

Go_Ly_Dow

Hahahah.

A COUNT DOWN FOR A COUNT DOWN!? And people stayed awake for it!?

YES SQUARE! You guys are back! ;_;

Rolling back the years.

Hahahah.

A COUNT DOWN FOR A COUNT DOWN!? And people stayed awake for it!?

YES SQUARE! You guys are back! ;_;

Rolling back the years.

To be fair the initial countdown was for an event where people got to see the trailer at the event. I was assuming we would probably not get the trailer tonight, but pictures and maybe a some captured video of it, glad we only have to wait a day.

Qvoth

ehhhh sora's new face looking kinda creepy in that shot, probably just the angle though
gonna translate some stuff from that aibo twitter

sora's new skill/ability, locking on to multiple heartless (took around 1.5 seconds to lock on) and then teleports and attacks quickly, very cool
new attraction flow, you can go fps (i'm assuming he meant fps instead of the fpf aibo posted) mode to shoot enemies

Psxphile

Rough Translation from KHInsider of the Full Eraqus-Xehanort conversation in the new KH3 Trailer:

Xehanort: That thing where long, long ago, Keyblade Wielders struggled over the light
Xehanort: I guess they wanted to use the light they'd struggled for to make Kingdom Hearts appear, and do something
Xehanort: On that land shall darkness prevail and light expire. You'll soon be up for masterhood candidacy, there's no way you don't know.
Xehanort: You're rather confident. But aren't you at a disadvantage in this match?
Eraqus: But unlike Darkness, there is more to Light that meets the eye. You might be surprised.

Xehanort: You remind me of the babe.
Eraqus: What babe!?
Xehanort: Babe with the power.
Eraqus: What power!?
Xehanort: Power of voodoo.
Eraqus: Who do?
Xehanort: You do.
Eraqus: Do what?
Xehanort: Remind me of the babe.

In his defence, I believe he put that weight on for a film role (which is why he's dressed up).
But good job on him for sticking with this series.

He is legit great voice actor. Too bad that 1) the dialogue gets worse with every entry and 2) they force him to voice a kid version of the character.

Go_Ly_Dow

To be fair the initial countdown was for an event where people got to see the trailer at the event. I was assuming we would probably not get the trailer tonight, but pictures and maybe a some captured video of it, glad we only have to wait a day.

That sucks :(

I've been burned by these "events" for the past 8 years. So now I only stay awake for the ones that matter.

Wait, Roxas, Xion and Namine will return? How?

Or maybe they will be ghosts or something like that (don't know what were Roxas and Namine at the end of Kingdom Hearts II).

Thoraxes

I just wonder if they're gonna change the whole 7 lights thing, especially since you-know-who isn't in there with his keyblade either.

Asd202

It's KH all right.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Eff Riku. Kairi better get the prominent role in this one. I've been waiting for her to be apart of the real story since the end of KH1, ITS TIME

Top Bottom