• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daily Show doing a segment on Final Fantasy 11

luxsol

I don't know if this is legit or not, but it sounds interesting
My name is Jeff Sebo, and I work at The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, a news and entertainment program on Comedy Central. A few days ago I was reading the latest EGM and came across a letter to the editor about the fact that same-sex marriages are illegal in FFXI. I found several posts (none on this board yet, though) protesting the law, including one attempting to organize a March for Marriage Equality within the game. This post especially intrigued me, not only because it discusses the issue in a more serious tone, but also because it suggests a means for addressing the issue within the game world itself.

Long story short, we at The Daily Show are interested in producing a field piece on this issue.
Anyone else see this on another board?

More info at this message board: http://p075.ezboard.com/fgameformsfrm22.showMessage?topicID=488.topic
Only way to get into contact is by replying to that message, I'm guessing.

ZILLION

When I was on staff of an ezboard a couple years ago a Time Magazine writer posted about wanting to talk with people for an article. I always wondered how she found our tiny little board out of tons of gaming boards on ezboard..:)

Flynn

Ever see their field piece on the guy who ran their Alphaville Herald?

The made the player look like an idiot for being pissed off at EA for not letting him do something interesting in their broken world.

Then they showed an exec from the company basically saying that people should chill out because its just a game.

Not my favorite segment.

WarPig

The whole policy is whacko. You can marry across species, but you can't marry the same gender. Bizarre.

DFS.

Top Bottom