• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daily Show host Trevor Noah says people see Antifa as "Vegan Isis"

MUnited83

For you.
great attempt to smear him..means nothing he's been doing great work covering this for the last year. challenging both the left and the right thru out it.

But I get it , its easier to smear and dismiss then actually consider..its the identity politic thing to do.

Being a complete piece of shit literally peddling fake news "means nothing"?

Jesus fucking christ.

It's incredible some of you can't make a point without always posting to a completely shit fucktard that has been a proven shit fucktard for years, for some weird reason.

that's not a dismissal. why would you see that as a dismissal? Its a disclaimer so those that are obtuse won't assume his criticism of Antifa is somehow an approval of white supremacy. Its only needed to fend off irrational ah ha! moments some are looking for.
Its ironic that him making the disclaimer in your view means its dismissive..if he hadn't made it you'd probably then suggest he was a quiet supporter.

The dude goes on to say that antifa are the real fascists. I don't see how it's a disclaimer. He also downplays white nationalists. It's a dismissal because antifa has only committed property damage/destruction and simple assault while white nationalists have committed murder, but yeah, antifa is the real problem.

A photo of their alt-right membership card.

Naturally

Are they laminated?

It's dipped in blood and soil apparently

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Nothing that was posted on the link I gave is a lie. Is translation from French sources. But you didn't even bother to check it fully did you?
I stopped reading halfway through that link because it was fucking unreadable. I did see enough to see that the so-called "French source" was not cited or linked to anywhere, nor is there any citation or source or even a fucking author because that shitty-ass source probably doesn't believe in accountability.

That same blog you linked to has gems like https://intmassmedia.com/2017/08/17/why-is-everyone-suddenly-want-to-become-a-sapiosexuality-this-is-nonsense/ or whatever the fuck this is... I mean, if you want to be taken seriously, don't post links to a shitty blog full of Engrish and incoherent nonsense and post the so-called original French source instead. I'm a native French speaker, I would infinitely prefer that over this unreadable nonsense.

I am not in the mood to do homework atm
Yeah, figures.

Edit: hahaha omg. Honestly that was the first English result I found. Your conspiracy theories are endearing though, and reminiscent of the alt right though.
lol, you aren't fooling anyone.

Does Lauren call herself Alt-right? This doesn't meet my criteria. Save me the guilty by association 10 levels deep BS
Lauren Southern is 100% alt right no matter what she calls herself. She's a Trump supporter FFS.

that's not a dismissal. why would you see that as a dismissal? Its a disclaimer so those that are obtuse won't assume his criticism of Antifa is somehow an approval of white supremacy. Its only needed to fend off irrational ah ha! moments some are looking for.
Its ironic that him making the disclaimer in your view means its dismissive..if he hadn't made it you'd probably then suggest he was a quiet supporter.

Because that's literally what quotation marks are used for in this context.

If I said wow Trump sure is "smart"... I'm not actually saying he's smart I'm saying he's an idiot.

Jackpot

Banned
no he wasn't that's a disturbing misrepresentation by you again.
at least show the complete sentence, better yet the paragraph..the rest of it puts the first statement in context , something you intentionally leave out.

um, why have you dodged addressing the 4 other quotes in that post you're replying to? I mean, describing Confederate generals as "past heroes of the American experiment"...

that's not a dismissal. why would you see that as a dismissal?

You're not familiar with scare quotes?

That "context" didn't help. First, it isn't true. Antifa get's talked about by major media and it's not positive. (CNN's report).

He also downplays Neo-Nazis

Neo-Nazis killed someone in an ISIS style attack in America. If a Muslim did that this dude wouldn't be downplaying like this.

Yep.

Dylan Roof was essentially a neo-nazi jerking off with a confederate flag and he murdered 9 people in a church. But yeah, this asshole says we're dealing with a non existent problem here

You got right-wing militias hoarding more weapons than a U.S police department, always plotting some bullshit. Whatevs though.

...but no, these right-wing assholes spend a lifetime talking about the horrors of Antifa, who in America, are childs play compared to the shit mentioned above.

Trash.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Being a complete piece of shit literally peddling fake news "means nothing"?

Jesus fucking christ.

It's incredible some of you can't make a point without always posting to a completely shit fucktard that has been a proven shit fucktard for years, for some weird reason.

ya..i think your utterly wrong. Tim Pool has been great at covering the escalation of violence from the right and left, better then just about any other coverage I've found.

MUnited83

For you.
ya..i think your utterly wrong. Tim Pool has been great at covering the escalation of violence from the right and left, better then just about any other coverage I've found.

I don't give a flying shit what you think. You being wrong is a fact. Tim Pool been caught literally faking news is a fact.

Dude, either you really lack even the basic levels of critical thinking if you can't comprehend what's as plain as day, or you're trying to pass off bullshit arguments to try and cover for these people. Your last few posts have been really intellectually dishonest.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Yep.

Dylan Roof was essentially a neo-nazi jerking off with a confederate flag and he murdered 9 people in a church. But yeah, this asshole says we're dealing with a non existent problem here

You got right-wing militias hoarding more weapons than a U.S police department, always plotting some bullshit. Whatevs though.

...but no, these right-wing assholes spend a lifetime talking about the horrors of Antifa, who in America, are childs play compared to the shit mentioned above.

Trash.

So Rex Murphy is Right wing Trash...interesting

Rex Murphy seems to be confused on his labels, they are Anarchists

I mean Rex Murphy is basically just a erudite conservative (closer to American than Camadian conservative at that) that's all intentional.

Dude is a climate change denier

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-the-high-church-of-global-warming

And likes to wax romantically about Trump, Ralph Klein and Rob Ford

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...promise-to-give-washington-back-to-the-people

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...r-needs-a-touch-of-populism-and-trump-has-his

So Rex Murphy is Right wing Trash...interesting

I mean trash is subjective I suppose but he's undeniably right wing yes.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Dude, either you really lack even the basic levels of critical thinking if you can't comprehend what's as plain as day, or you're trying to pass off bullshit arguments to try and cover for these people. Your last few posts have been really intellectually dishonest.

No i just think the quotes with the following Parentheses was intended to be declarative not dismissive..I guess I was being overly generous in this case but I just didn't read it like he was down playing White supremacist violence i see it that he's saying we all agree that's the worst of the worst, but Antifa getting a pass for fascist behavior is wrong

No i just think the quotes with the following Parentheses was intended to be declarative not dismissive..I guess I was being overly generous in this case but I just didn't read it like he was down playing White supremacist violence i see it that he's saying we all agree that's the worst of the worst, but Antifa getting a pass for fascist behavior is wrong

Overly generous is an understatement

right wing by Canadian standards sure, tho I'd say Center Right is more realistic, so basically he's a democrat by American standards?

No he'd be GOP easily.

He waxes romantically about Trump, Confederate monuments Denies climate change and dismisses right wing violence and the existence of white supremacists

He's basically calling them so small that they don't matter, the same ones who killed a person and almost beat a man to death doesn't matter.

MUnited83

For you.
He's basically calling them so small that they don't matter, the same ones who killed a person and almost beat a man to death doesn't matter.
The dude thinks that a guy that has been caught literally making fake news to further alt right propaganda is a reliable person to get news from, and that a climate change deniers dude that downplays Nazis is not actually right wing, rather a democrat. And doesn't understand how quotation marks work.

This dude could be asked how much is 2+2 and he would still get it wrong.

The dude thinks that a guy that has been caught literally making fake news to further alt right propaganda is a reliable person to get news from, and that a climate change deniers dude that downplays Nazis is not actually right wing, rather a democrat. And doesn't understand how quotation marks work.

The answer is blue..

The dude thinks that a guy that has been caught literally making fake news to further alt right propaganda is a reliable person to get news from, and that a climate change deniers dude that downplays Nazis is not actually right wing, rather a democrat.

2+2 is just a sub-sub minority of math. You have to focus on alien abductions.

Kaiterra

Banned
Antifa was out there making sure Nazis didn't beat people upon Charlotte and telling them to their faces they weren't wanted while Trevor Noah tut tuts at them from his comfy TV studio. Eat a dick Trevor Noah.

This "Antifa just strengthens the right" nonsense is bullshit worthless centrists tell themselves to assuage their insecurity that Antifa is actually fighting Nazis while centrists are doing jack and shit. Notice how they never click their tongues at the Tim McVeighs and Dylan Roofs and Based Stickman and claim that their right wing violence (and lol at reaching back to the Vietnam era and completely ignoring that the vast majority of recent political violence has come from the right) hurts the right.

This fucking shit right here. How blatantly unfair. Right wingers get away with disavowing the most blatantly obvious connections to violence EVERY TIME even when, for example, REPUBLICAN LAWMAKERS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE WHAT HAPPENED IN CHARLOTTESVILLE LEGAL FOR FUCK'S SAKE. The double standard is ridiculous and we shouldn't play into it.

I mean Rex Murphy is basically just a erudite conservative (closer to American than Camadian conservative at that) that's all intentional.

Dude is a climate change denier

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-the-high-church-of-global-warming

And likes to wax romantically about Trump, Ralph Klein and Rob Ford

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...promise-to-give-washington-back-to-the-people

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...r-needs-a-touch-of-populism-and-trump-has-his

I mean trash is subjective I suppose but he's undeniably right wing yes.
there is a logical reason to his climate change denials.... and it's oil sands moneys $$$$.

Rex is a shill for the oil sands industry: depicted in his keynote in Calgary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erh8Ew8ImP8

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke

I actually read the whole incident article from the www.thelocal.se and watched the video Tim Posted about it and I don't think he was making the story up. I've watched a ton of his content over the last year and he's pretty neutral about most everything. So ya I trust Tim Pool's coverage. I don't consider him fake news(someone like Alex Jones sure but not Tim).
Rex Murphy being a democrat was tongue and cheek joke about Canadian political spectrum being so far to the left that our right is American Left. sorry if that wasn't evident.
I don't agree his criticism of Antifa translates to downplaying Nazi's.

I actually read the whole incident article from the www.thelocal.se and watched the video Tim Posted about it and I don't think he was making the story up. I've watched a ton of his content over the last year and he's pretty neutral about most everything. So ya I trust Tim Pool's coverage. I don't consider him fake news(someone like Alex Jones sure but not Tim).
Rex Murphy being a democrat was tongue and cheek joke about Canadian political spectrum being so far to the left that our right is American Left. sorry if that wasn't evident.
I don't agree his criticism of Antifa translates to downplaying Nazi's.

Dude it's not his criticsm of antifa that is downplaying nazis.

It's his actual down playing of Nazis that is downplaying Nazis.

Also Tim Pool considers Alex Jones real news so maybe consider what that means.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke

ok so (at the time of that video) he doesn't think Alex lies and makes things up
( I personally think Alex is paranoid does lie and make things up).
I think Tim is wrong about Alex but what does that have to do with Tim's Coverage of Left and Right Violence over the last year.. One is his opinion on a personality, the other is his live coverage of events as they happen. Its two different things.
You can disagree with someones opinion and still respect how they do their job.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
ok so (at the time of that video) he doesn't think Alex lies and makes things up
I think Tim is wrong about Alex but what does that have to do with Tim's Coverage of Left and Right Violence over the last year.. One is his opinion on a personality, the other is his live coverage of events as they happen. Its two different things.
Just stop. No one who takes Alex Jones remotely seriously, should be taken seriously themselves. They have zero credibility.

Him believing that Alex Hones isn’t fake news calls into question his judgment as a “reporter.”

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Protip: If you're a host of a political talk show and the majority of your guests tend to be alt-righters, and you just sit there consistently nodding like a bobblehead and never once pushing back against the shit they're spouting, and you spend most of your time attacking people on the left, then it's not that difficult to infer that you might be sympathetic to alt-righters.

Also, too. David Rubin's kind of a moron as well since he claims he supports single payer, but doesn't seem to understand what the hell that is (when asked about it, he wound up describing Obamacare, which he also doesn't support LOL).

Just look at Tim Pool's recent videos shows he is sympathetic to fascism, neo-nazis, and the alt-right. In this video about Laura Southern's patreon being deleted, just by his tone, you can tell he disagrees with calling Generation identity as fascists, but gives them a sympathetic description of being against mass immigration and the preservation of European culture which are clear dog-whistles.

a.wd

He's right that right wing media will portray them as thugs, but there is never anything wrong with punching a fascist.

I was interested in seeing what Tim Pool’s typical video output was like. Other than largely mirroring recent alt-right talking points (if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...), I found this amazing video where he “debates” an “SJW”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujri4x-hzkE&feature=share

I skipped through and around 56 minutes in he starts talking about fluoridation of water. It is incredible. The man is a fucking idiot.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
When all of this is in the rear view mirror you mother fuckers doing the both sides dance better not change your tune and claim you did anything but enable these Nazi scum. Live with it.

I was interested in seeing what Tim Pool’s typical video output was like. Other than largely mirroring recent alt-right talking points (if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...), I found this amazing video where he “debates” an “SJW”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujri4x-hzkE&feature=share

I skipped through and around 56 minutes in he starts talking about fluoridation of water. It is incredible. The man is a fucking idiot.

Oh my god, this guy is a dumbass. This guy is the worst kind of skeptic. He doubts everything and only relies on his personal experience. He doesn't change his mind when new evidence arises.

Nerazar

Vegan ISIS is the best description of Antifa I've ever heard... and I am vegan and I am still not minding that. :)

One violent group of violent (young) males dressed in black hunting down people is really not better than another violent group doing the same things (among others).

No one needs them defending any cause. Their cause is testosterone-driven violence - not progress, not justice and certainly not democracy or anything. Anytime Antifa shows up, peaceful counter demonstrations turn violent as the Nazis attack or the police intervenes. It is also their hate-driven attacks which cause harm to innocent and non-violent counter protesters. They are the left Nazis from within. When they turn up, the police can and will (and should) use any means necessary to stop the Black Bloc.

"Glasses break, it's a symbol..." - Well, bones break, too, which also happens when those maniacs step into a protest. Each time they use violence, we lose.

Btw: Breaking glass and burning stores reminds me of the Reichskristallnacht. If that's what Antifa is about, we really don't need them at all.

televator

"Punching Nazis makes you exactly like a Nazi."

Lol, wut. This has to be one of the bigger leaps in Godwin's law I've seen recently.

Anytime Antifa shows up, peaceful counter demonstrations turn violent as the Nazis attack or the police intervenes. It is also their hate-driven attacks which cause harm to innocent and non-violent counter protesters.

we really don't need them at all.

So, they're responsible for Heather Heyer's death then? I know their medics were responsible for helping those who survived that terrorist attack in Charlottesville until the ambulances showed up. Guess those folks didn't need them at all to you? Am I reading this correctly?

Gluka

Margaret Sullivan wrote an opinion piece today about the recent coverage of antifa by the press:
Here's the best thing the media can do when reporting on ‘antifa'

I agree with a lot of her major observations. Especially that right-wing extremism has consistently been an unfathomably larger threat to the American public than any radical leftist ideology. She also does a good job highlighting the disparities between the media's early responses to the rise in young white supremacists and leftist radicals on the political stage.

When all of this is in the rear view mirror you mother fuckers doing the both sides dance better not change your tune and claim you did anything but enable these Nazi scum. Live with it.

Lol you know they will

Just like formerly vocal Trump supporters are now invisible

Just like formerly vocal Zimmerman supporters are all but gone

But they'll tell their kids they were fighting the good fight by quoting MLK at people

Top Bottom