• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dallas - Fort Worth |OT| The Big D & Cowtown

Tried out the Dallas Grilled Cheese Co. in Bishop Arts last night, pretty decent. Their definition of "spicy" is pretty tame, though.

Any place with Blood and Honey on tap is OK by me.

Seriously, I think Blood and Honey is DFW's best "mainstream" beer. It's so good for so many different types of food and occasions.

Saw this on twitter, a pic from San Antonio's river walk on Sunday.

CFxlRhXUMAIT_TR.jpg

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/602467802453180416?t=1&cn=cmVjb3NfbmV0d29ya19kaWdlc3RfdHJpZ2dlcmVk&sig=de4f6c028179311f8f4d6f0c70b042616bd58d1d&al=1&refsrc=email&iid=015ebfcd2f7e4c1a8055a7fb665008d0&autoactions=1432507356&uid=2428095924&nid=244+593

Again?!?!

What the fack man.

*sigh*

I can't believe I'm saying this... but I honestly would rather be in a 100F degree weather for two months instead of this rain BS.

It was fun and interesting a month ago... but now...

Ugh...

This shit is parked over my house in the Arlington/GP area.

All I'm hearing is constant lightning and some hail crashing down.

I'm cool with that, but jfc...

Y'all stay safe out there.

Schlep

Loving it. Great excuse to stay in and game/watch movies. Could do without the death and destruction, though.

I've read a couple articles saying this should be a cooler than normal summer.

cHaotix8

Standing at the DART station this morning it feels like it. Could pass for early March right now.

Yeah, the weather was really beautiful this morning. You would never expect thunderstorms again today around midday.

I'm fine with the rain, it definitely sucks about the flooding though. Hopefully we don't have a crazy humid Summer this year.

So have any of you guys checked out the MEGA SUPER ULTRA MASSIVE Nebraska Furniture Mart yet?

Place makes Ikea look like a ma' & pa' store.

Pagusas

Elden Member
So have any of you guys checked out the MEGA SUPER ULTRA MASSIVE Nebraska Furniture Mart yet?

Place makes Ikea look like a ma' & pa' store.

Yeah have been going there for months while they did their soft launch. I'm always amazed how even on a packed day the parking garage is rarely used. Its free, and has those amazing lights that show where a spot is available.

Slacker

Yeah have been going there for months while they did their soft launch. I'm always amazed how even on a packed day the parking garage is rarely used. Its free, and has those amazing lights that show where a spot is available.

Aw man we've been there a few times and always parked in the lot toward 121. Will check that out next time.

I don't mind this non-severe rain.

There's barely any lightning, just the sounds of water crashing on my windows. Listening to some slow jazz right now... this I can take all day every day.

The moment hail and tornadoes are in the mix though... yeah, I'm out lol.

You Lake Louisville posters doing okay? This might be the first time the bridge on 423 connecting the Colony to Little Elm might be flooded since the 90's.....

I had to go to the Colony or Plano a lot as a kid because there was no Wal-Mart or Target in Frisco during that time so that's how I remember. :p

Geeze this stuff is straight out of The Last of Us.

edit: Luckily I live on top of a giant hill in Mckinney so I'm alright. Hopefully you guys are alright.

635684721214462264-CGKOWJ0VAAEehob.jpg

635684723742663088-CGKTpO8UsAEVfwy.jpg

CGKbjJDU4AAtVwM.jpg

akileese

Whatever jerk said we've avoided the flooding, I am blowing raspberries at you right now.

Also, if you live near the trinity river in Carrollton/Lewisville, be very aware of the water levels. I drove up onto 121 today and saw it's about a foot from pouring over the top of the bank and into the Indian Creek apartments on Huffines. All it will take is one more bad rain surge, which I do not think is that realistic anymore.

I'm REALLY happy and thankful I moved to Coyote Ridge 2 months ago. It's not like I had the foresight to see this coming, but Coyote Ridge is uphill so the odds of dealing with flooding on an uphill complex are in my favor.

Holy shit.

Watching NBC5's chopper go around the area right now and this flood is fncking amazing.

I've never seen anything like it in the 12+ years I've lived here in DFW.

And according to the NWS in Fort Worth, this is the wettest May on record. 16.07" over at DFW Airport... about 3 inches over the last record that happened in 1982. And with more rain on the way for tonight... looks like this map might actually come true:

hLNOrzx.jpg

akileese

Comic Con's doors open in 4.5 hours and they haven't said a word so I imagine it's business as usual (the flooding doesn't appear to have effected their area).

Who else is going tonight!? I'm headed there after work.

Nanashrew

Banned
Holy shit.

Watching NBC5's chopper go around the area right now and this flood is fncking amazing.

I've never seen anything like it in the 12+ years I've lived here in DFW.

And according to the NWS in Fort Worth, this is the wettest May on record. 16.07" over at DFW Airport... about 3 inches over the last record that happened in 1982. And with more rain on the way for tonight... looks like this map might actually come true:

hLNOrzx.jpg

It looks like we're sinking. I need to grow some gills soon.

akileese

Got woken up at 445 due to storms, torrential rain, and alerts on my phone. Thank god we've got at least a week of dry weather coming up.

FYI if you guys find yourselves around Frisco, Stonebriar is hosting the Lego Americana Tour. They have some gigantic scale models of The White House, Statue of Liberty, etc.

Thought I'd mention if it any of you wanted to check out something cool with your family or whatever.

Thinking of doing a cycling run in morning down white rock creek trail from hillcrest to white rock lake. Anyone know if the trail is usable right now?

Zebra

Out with the rain, in with the heat. Hello summer.

Anyone attend any of the cons? A-kon was last weekend and comic con the weekend before. Had a lot of fun at each.

fmpanda

Out with the rain, in with the heat. Hello summer.

Anyone attend any of the cons? A-kon was last weekend and comic con the weekend before. Had a lot of fun at each.

I was at A-Kon, was much better than last year, but parking is still atrocious, and it's looking like they're staying at the Anatole for some time to come.

Also, now it's raining, or something like that.

cajunator

Banned
Driving to a Ham radio convention in Dallas on Thursday. Staying in town till Saturday and then heading back Sunday. Ill wave at yall!

Slacker

This will likely interest few if any here, but if you like small town sports, we now have an expansion pro softball team in McKinney. Until they arrived I didn't actually know pro softball was a thing. :) Definitely check them out if you have any kids that play softball or baseball. They're actually on TV tonight at 6 PM if you get the CBS sports network. I've had fun watching a few games with my daughter.

www.dallascharge.com

Holy crap the bugs are horrible this year, my right foot is covered in chigger bites. The scars on my foot are just now fading from a few years ago to....... I don't need new ones...

This will likely interest few if any here, but if you like small town sports, we now have an expansion pro softball team in McKinney. Until they arrived I didn't actually know pro softball was a thing. :) Definitely check them out if you have any kids that play softball or baseball. They're actually on TV tonight at 6 PM if you get the CBS sports network. I've had fun watching a few games with my daughter.

www.dallascharge.com

McKinney and softball bats?

That sounds like a very dangerous plan man. You might get a take down from one of their fine LEO's.

I'm obviously joking and would actually be interested but I'm in the GP/Arlington area so McKinney is just tooooooooo far of a drive. Hell, I can't even get to Frisco without almost losing my sanity... the DNT and SRT can go suck a fat one if you ask me.

Also, that rain was amazing... not. It was a damn sauna today at work. I kept looking at the radar waiting for it to hit DFW Airport... but nah, it only stayed in east Dallas.

McKinney and softball bats?

That sounds like a very dangerous plan man. You might get a take down from one of their fine LEO's.

I'm obviously joking and would actually be interested but I'm in the GP/Arlington area so McKinney is just tooooooooo far of a drive. Hell, I can't even get to Frisco without almost losing my sanity... the DNT and SRT can go suck a fat one if you ask me.

Also, that rain was amazing... not. It was a damn sauna today at work. I kept looking at the radar waiting for it to hit DFW Airport... but nah, it only stayed in east Dallas.

My brother lives in Arlington, DNT is awful but the SRT isn't that bad imo.

Usually I just take SRT>35>GWB>20 to get to Arlington. It's much better now since they extended the GWB all the way to 20 a while back, hell even then it's still around a 45 minute drive from Mck.

My brother lives in Arlington, DNT is awful but the SRT isn't that bad imo.

Usually I just take SRT>35>GWB>20 to get to Arlington. It's much better now since they extended the GWB all the way to 20 a while back, hell even then it's still around a 45 minute drive from Mck.

I actually live close to the corner of GWB and 20 lol. GWB has been a boon for the area... especially for us residents. Used to be, I had to take 360 to get to DFW and the surrounding cities for example, and that meant that I'd get stuck in endless traffic by 183 and 360. Ever since the extension, there's a lot less traffic on 360 these days. And the best plus side, for about $2 bucks you can skip the traffic and be 10 minutes early to DFW if you take the GWB.

Zebra

I was at A-Kon, was much better than last year, but parking is still atrocious, and it's looking like they're staying at the Anatole for some time to come.

I actually felt kind of offended by how far away they expected me to park. lol. All of their lots were full and the volunteer there said I should park at the hospital. It seemed to be almost a mile long walk to the Anatole with almost no sidewalk.

They need to move on from the Anatole as soon as they can. I loathe that the con is in that place.

Top Bottom