• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dance Central |OT| Kinect's Killer App?

T-0800

Played the demo of this on the weekend and was impressed. I'm curious though to how well Kinect is tracking the players moves. To what extent is it guessing if at all?

T-0800 said:
Played the demo of this on the weekend and was impressed. I'm curious though to how well Kinect is tracking the players moves. To what extent is it guessing if at all?
Kinect tracks over 20 joints in the human body 30 times a second, so it is pretty accurate. It'll certainly know if your arms and legs are in the wrong place and if your body is generally in the correct posture. Subtler movements such as a hand wave, or a finger pointing you can probably get away with not doing.

Chairhome

July DLC (no date yet, probably first or second Tuesday):
Say Aaah - Trey Songz
Planet Rock - Afrika Bambataa
Break your Heart - Taio Cruz

Minamu

Holy crap this game was hard :O I think my best so far is 3* on Easy xD Otherwise I only get 1 or 2* :( And I thought a gym workout was rough...

It's kinda hard to keep track on what I'm supposed to do. The character's left leg forward means my right leg, right?

Minamu said:
Holy crap this game was hard :O I think my best so far is 3* on Easy xD Otherwise I only get 1 or 2* :( And I thought a gym workout was rough...

It's kinda hard to keep track on what I'm supposed to do. The character's left leg forward means my right leg, right?

Just mirror the character... their left leg would be your right.

Minamu

I'm having real trouble mimicking and keeping up with the speed I guess. Maybe it's just me being self conscious with how I look (I played with my curtains down xD).

antipode

Help me gaf - are the models in this Lanvin ad playing Dance Central?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3N8QZTsZic

hqdefault.jpg

Bii

Frankfurt said:
Achievement for DC2:

• Latest Model 30G
  • __ Have your picture taken 1000 times.

Haha. Will anyone ever get this one?

Doesn't the first Dance Central have a similar achievement?

Smile for the Camera 25
Have 1000 Freestyle photos taken.

If that's the case, I got it without realizing it. So it shouldn't be difficult for me in DC2.

Top Bottom