• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Labrys

qovGLJX.png

Spoiler thread is here

Community thread is HERE! Check it out!

NOTICE:
Areas in Chapter 4 (
Strawberry and Grape House
) have proven have possibly game breaking glitches. Please watch your in-game movement speed and save regularly in order to prevent one of these glitches from happening!

tXyIQiX.png

"Hope’s Peak Academy is holding its school trip at Jabberwock Island—a tropical island famous for being a popular vacation resort. But thanks to the actions of their wicked headmaster, the students quickly realize that they are not leaving this island any time soon. Their only chance of escape is to murder one of their classmates, and survive the class trial without getting caught."

Standard Edition:
Limited Edition:

hhxIJCO.png

Developer: Spike Chunsoft
Publisher: NIS America
Platform: Vita
Release Date:
Japan: July 26, 2012/October 10th, 2013
North America: September 2nd, 2014
Europe: September 5th, 2014
Australia & NZ: September 11th, 2014
MSRP: $39.99, £29.99, €39.99, 55 AUD, $70NZD
Trailers:

4n6bcWD.png

JmKO9oZ.png
ftBfv9T.png

ullGuIt.png
UOzvaXA.png

qjmIy6E.png
EZB18Qm.png

fJJTxOQ.png
D3TL6TC.png

bymvENp.png
EXNVnHH.png

iWkxEYq.png
dEh2wr7.png

KS4yBpY.png
Czd07ha.png

lvwYuUh.png
8u0iEdm.png

Voice Actors:
  • Monokuma: Nobuyo Oyama | Brian Beacock
  • Monomi: Takako Sasuga | Rebecca Forstadt
  • Hajime Hinata: Minami Takayama | Johnny Yong Bosch
  • Sonia Nevermind: Miho Arakawa | Natalie Hoover
  • Teruteru Hanamura: Jun Fukuyama | Todd Haberkorn
  • Ibuki Mioda: Ami Koshimizu | Julie Ann Taylor
  • Chiaki Nanami: Kana Hanazawa | Christine Cabanos
  • Mikan Tsumiki: Ai Kayano | Stephanie Sheh
  • Peko Pekoyama: Kotono Mitsuishi | Janice Kawaye
  • Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu: Daisuke Kishio | Derek Stephen Prince
  • Gundham Tanaka: Tomokazu Sugita | Chris Tergliafera
  • Nekomaru Nidai: Hiroki Yasumoto | Patrick Seitz
  • Hiyoko Saionji: Suzuko Mimori | Kira Buckland
  • Mahiru Koizumi: Yū Kobayashi | Carrie Keranen
  • Byakuya Togami: Akira Ishida | Jason Wishnov
  • Akane Owari: Romi Park | Wendee Lee
  • Nagito Komaeda: Megumi Ogata | Bryce Papenbrook
  • Kazuichi Soda: Yoshimasa Hosoya | Kyle Hebert

yXsj03y.png

Island Life
  • Enjoy time on the island, spending time with your classmates and earning Hope Shards, which can be spent on trial abilities!
  • After a murder has occurred, obtain a Monokuma file and find Truth Bullets (evidence) to use in the upcoming trial!

Class Trial:

• Preparations -
  • Prepare for trial by using skills you have unlocked using SP. Max SP will increase with every level up.
  • Nonstop Debate -
  • Using Truth Bullets found in your investigation, shoot down fellow classmate's arguments by either Refuting or Agreeing. Be sure what you're shooting is relevant or your classmates will begin to not trust you.
  • Rebuttal Showdown -
  • If a classmate denies your argument, prepare to go head to head! Counterattack by "cutting" through their rebuttal's weak points. Push the debate to your advantage!
  • "Improved" Hangman's Gambit -
  • In this returning addition from the first game, use the letters onscreen to shoot and uncover a keyword! Misspell the word and receive damage!
  • Logic Dive -
  • Take a dive In Hajime Hinata's mind, a Logic Dive that is! Choose the proper path to put your thoughts about the case together while avoiding obstacles.

Dangan Island - Huge Panic at the Heart-Throbbing School Trip?:
  • Enjoy an alternate story where the Ultimate Students get to enjoy their fieldtrip without issue. Similar to School Mode from Trigger Happy Havoc: Dangan Ronpa, work with the students to complete goals and colect Hope Fragments!

Danganronpa IF:
  • Enjoy a "What if" story written by Ryogo Narita, author of the first game. Enjoy the tale of a particular girl that takes place in a huge school. Take a break using a bookmark, and view profiles!

Magical Miracle Girl Monomi:
  • An overhead action game where you play as Monomi! Use the buttons and touch screen to draw circles, jump, flip, and defeat Monobeasts.

IT2OYCm.png

Gaming Trend - 90/100
Gamespot - 8/10
GamrReview - 8.5/10
Battlescreen.net - 9.5/10
Siliconera - No Score
RPGSite - 10/10\
TechnologyTell - A+
Gameinformer - 8/10
Hardcore Gamer - 4.5/5
Awesome Games - 10/10
The Vita Lounge - 5/5
GameCritics - 90
USgamer - 4.5/5

And finally, avatars for you guys to use:

Apologies for it not being as grand as I planned, but please enjoy the OT!

Thoraxes

I am pretty much 98 percent not spoiled and it feels goood.

With this and Layton x Wright only a few days apart, I am ready to object and DESPAIR :D

Day 1. I really hope the game appears on EU store on friday intead of the week after?

Shame I think one big spoiler hit me at GAF. But to be honest I thought the first game was much more about the journey than any big twists.

Tizoc

Got this sucka pre-ordered and it should arrive by Sep 3rd/4th. Hopefully I get my annual leave so I can put some hours into this bad boy >=3

ZeroX03

Banned
Fancy looking OT!

Release Date:
Japan: July 26, 2012/October 10th, 2013
North America: September 2nd, 2014
Europe: September 5th, 2014

Might want to add Australia & NZ: September 11th, 2014.

Sigh. PS. For Australia, EB games has an artbook with the game for $55. No such deal for NZ.

katkombat

Banned
Can't wait but my vita absolutely will NOT recognize my memory card. Gonna pick up a new one and see if that will work.

grapetile

Neo Member
Yesssss.
The LE will be in my possession soon.

Tried really hard not to spoil myself, and I think I've done a pretty good job so far!

ss-hikaru

Yaaay it's up! That limited edition monocoin sure looks cheap though...

Apart from Nagito and Ibuki, visually I can't say I'm super fond of any of the characters yet. Oh but I'm so biased towards Gundham already cos Tomokazu Sugitaaaaaaaa. I have a feeling I'm gonna hate Teruteru. So curious as to why Byakuya is like he is now XD I was actually kinda getting fond of him towards the end of Dangaronpa 1...based on that he'll probably get offed super early :p (one of the first people I decided to befriend in Dangaronpa 1 died like immediately >.<)

Tizoc

Fancy looking OT!

Sigh. PS. For Australia, EB games has an artbook with the game for $55. No such deal for NZ.

55 AUD you mean? Cuz that sounds like a nice price for the artbook+game.

I can't wait. I know nothing of this game beyond the fact that I loved the first. I only now just learned the cast and island theming from this OT!

Also, I've been surprised even before playing the game! just from that cast list. DR1 spoilers?
What is byakuya doing there? Why is he fat? WHY IS HE BACK?!

So many questions!

Already read the LP('s) but still have had the LE pre-ordered since day one. Very interested to see how the localization turns out, since the video of all of the voices have me a bit skeptical still.

Everyone going in fresh is in for a treat though.

Hugstable

Banned
Next week can't come fast enough. Been so hyped for this game since the second I finished Danganronpa! Bring it on Monokuma, I'm ready!

I'm so excited, I'm buying this day one and ignoring everything else.

This happened to me with the first release! I was like 60 hours into my replay of Persona4 on Vita and ended up dropping it entirely the day Danganropna came out and I got addicted to it. Anything else I'm playing on Sep 2 is gonna be taking a backseat for a few days for Danganropna 2, and hearing how everyone likes it even more than the first has me even more excited!

ZeroX03

Banned
My body is also ready for despair.

But it's also pulling double duty with Destiny at the same. DESPATINY. DESTIPAIR.

bigkrev

Because I'm terrified to Google or Wiki the game for fear of spoilers, was this also originally a PSP game, or was it a Vita native game?

ss-hikaru

I still haven't gotten over this :( Is that artbook deal for physical only? I'm guessing you can't preorder codes for the game (not too sure how preorders and PSN works together ahahaha...)

I'm so excited, I'm buying this day one and ignoring everything else.

When I get this I am going to play it all in one sitting. Except that it comes out on Thursday for me. So I guess I'll have to wait til Fri night/Sat morning :(

MattyG

Banned
OH MY GOD THIS COME OUT NEXT WEEK?? I'm so excited right now. I went into the first one completely blind and loved it. It's probably my GOTY right now, alongside Wolfenstein (weird combo, I know).

I got one cdeath spoiled for me, but I know nothing about the circumstances or anything so I'm ok with it. Can't wait for next tuesday, ahhhhhh!

Wait, is the street date broken? It's marked as "Available" on my local store's website already, but I'd rather not travel 2 hours there only to be met with disappointment and despair.

Tizoc

Wawawawahwawahwawawahwawaaaaaaaa
*Trumpets*

My body is also ready for despair.

But it's also pulling double duty with Destiny at the same. DESPATINY. DESTIPAIR.

Destiny can wait, Monokuma's sexiness cannot.

OH MY GOD THIS COME OUT NEXT WEEK?? I'm so excited right now. I went into the first one completely blind and loved it. It's probably my GOTY right now, alongside Wolfenstein (weird combo, I know).
Don't see what's so weird about that, if you like a game well enough you can nominate it as your GotY regardless of genre.

Croc

Banned
I want to play this so bad but I know I won't be able to finish it before Destiny comes out and I know once I start playing Destiny I'm just going to forget about it and end up not finishing it for awhile.

So I think I'm just going to wait a bit until I have some more gaming free time and pick this up, maybe on sale or something. This is a game I really want to be able to dedicate my attention to fully. The first game really really surprised me and I loved it so much, so I'm really excited to eventually give this one a go too.

Meowtor

Gold Member
Great op! Been hyped for this for a bit and it keeps building. Planning on getting a vita tv so I can play on the big screen at home

Labrys

Wait, is the street date broken? It's marked as "Available" on my local store's website already, but I'd rather not travel 2 hours there only to be met with disappointment and despair.

Some places the street date has been broken, but I think for most others the date is still the 2nd

Tizoc

Do it for Monokuma, it's worth it.
Call them up and confirm with them :V

My body is ready for more despair.

You can never have enough despair. SDR2 is so good it will put people into despair because they won't be able to go through it again for the first time. I'm one of them. Playing DR1 and SDR2 back to back was a really REALLY great and memorable idea.

I'm really looking forward to people's reactions for the next few weeks. Such a fantastic game. If you liked the first game and thought it had problems. Well they addressed A LOT of the problems.

Flandy

Going in blind. Haven't seen a single trailer or anything, hell I don't even know any of the characters names.
I also didn't read the OP since I'm going in blind. Sorry.

ZeroX03

Banned
Haha guys, Destiny can't wait when you've got a good friend with a very short attention span who's getting the game on day one.

I still haven't gotten over this :( Is that artbook deal for physical only? I'm guessing you can't preorder codes for the game (not too sure how preorders and PSN works together ahahaha...)

I haven't seen any digital Vita codes in store, you're stuck with physical I think. Could always buy it physical, sell the game, keep the artbook and buy a digital copy?

Hugstable

Banned
The cast in this one looks even crazier than the first game! Ultimate Swordsmen, Ultimate Yukuza, Ultimate Nurse, damn they have Ultimate everything lol. I actually like the cast of the first game too

Edit: OH GOD Ultimate Breeder! XD

Top Bottom