• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

I thought that the logic for that was
"The gummy on the floor is yellow. There are no yellow gummies in the image of Hiyoko's package of gummies. Therefore the gummy is not hers."

Rektash

I thought that the logic for that was
"The gummy on the floor is yellow. There are no yellow gummies in the image of Hiyoko's package of gummies. Therefore the gummy is not hers."

But there was yellow stuff there! In fact some of the letters in the foreground were yellow. Some of the mushy forground had yellow stuff in it and in the back where there the fruits themselves there was some yellow stuff there as well. I even rechecked!

Rektash

The description says it has four flavors, and you can see them all on the picture. The dropped gummy doesn't match either of them.

You are making a logic leap on the second part.
Why would the gummy not match either of them? That has been my main arguement. Who defined lemon gummies must be yellow? Who said all gummies must have different colors? All these things aren't established in the game world nor did I spend my life eating gummies hencewise knowing that. But thats what I mean with contrived. I don't think knowing which gummy color corresponds to which flavor is common knowledge. Without that knowledge, this is pretty much a guessing game. On another note: Bananas are yellow too and there was a banana on the gummy bag. Why would the yellow gummy corrospond to lemons but not bananas?

You are making a logic leap on the second part.
Why would the gummy not match either of them?

Because the color doesn't match the gummies that we can see in the visual? It is not about a flavor not being able to be x color, there just simply are 4 set colors already in the bag and the one at the scene of the crime is not one of them. Flavors are irrelevant to what I'm saying.

Rektash

Because the color doesn't match the gummies that we can see in the visual? It is not about a flavor not being able to be x color, there just simply are 4 set colors already in the bag and the one at the scene of the crime is not one of them. Flavors are irrelevant to what I'm saying.

The colors do match. There is a yellow banana on the gummy bag.

But that's just the art on the package and has nothing to do with the actual colors of the gummies it has inside that you can see through the transparent plastic of the bag. You're focusing too much on the packaging and not on the gummies.

Rektash

But that's just the art on the package and has nothing to do with the actual colors of the gummies it has inside that you can see through the transparent plastic of the bag. You're focusing too much on the packaging and not on the gummies.

What?
You can see the gummies? All I see is mush? And yes, there is even yellow mush! I just rechecked.

Rektash

Well, meanwhile I finished chapter 2. I still stand by my statement: I think that this was the worst danganronpa chapter I have played so far.
The videogame motive, the characters involved, the trial itself, the ending - nothing worked for me.
I can forgive them though, considering the first chapter was excellent.

Oh well, on to the next!

Flunkie

Banned
Well, meanwhile I finished chapter 2. I still stand by my statement: I think that this was the worst danganronpa chapter I have played so far.
The videogame motive, the characters involved, the trial itself, the ending - nothing worked for me.

Oh well, on to the next!

yeah I'm on that right now, dumb stuff

Bladenic

Oh well, on to the next!

I liked it, but will we find out who
Girl E was or is her identity not even important?

Bladenic

So finished chapter 3. I think it may be my least favorite case so far because
it totally suffered from DR1's handling of 2 murders. Taka and Hiyoko are pretty much forgotten. Hell, Hiyoko's murder isn't even properly shown or explained, even by Mikan.

Also worst execution ever? It did have 2 things going for it.
I find it interesting that all 3 people killed were the Girls from the video game/past. It also had the most chilling image in the series so far for me, that being the video of Mikan pretending to be Ibuki hanging herself.

Can't wait to keep going, shit is picking up and I really want to see who survives.

SHarris78

Just got around to starting this - thought I better had as Despair Girls just arrived in the post so I better finish this first.

Like the first game i'm enjoying the characters / setting / music / atmosphere / story but hating the trials, outside the odd obvious answer I find them to be trial and error. And as for the rebuttal showdown, wtf is that all about?!

Rektash

So finished chapter 3. I think it may be my least favorite case so far because
it totally suffered from DR1's handling of 2 murders. Taka and Hiyoko are pretty much forgotten. Hell, Hiyoko's murder isn't even properly shown or explained, even by Mikan.

Also worst execution ever? It did have 2 things going for it.
I find it interesting that all 3 people killed were the Girls from the video game/past. It also had the most chilling image in the series so far for me, that being the video of Mikan pretending to be Ibuki hanging herself.

Can't wait to keep going, shit is picking up and I really want to see who survives.

I agree with chapter three beeing another bad chapter. Whole thing just didn't work out very well. Weak motives and even weaker explanations with lots of holes and leaps in logic. Still nothing as bad as
everyone just beeing all dandy with Fuyuhiko beeing responsible not only for Mahirus but also Pekos death. Like literally Fuyuhiko acts out on his childish impulse for vengence like the spoiled, petty brat he is and the whole cast is like "Yeah... Whatever!". That single point was like the lowest point danganronpa has been as a series so far imo.

Now chapter four on the other hand was a great one! Had an absolute blast uncovering what has been going on there and had no clue who the culprit was until the very end.
The Final Dead Room
puzzle was amazing. I love these kind of logic puzzles that don't rely on silly gimmicks - altough having to realize
that you have to read the binary code vertically was pretty evil and I can see why they would catch flag for that. It just wasn't very strongly hinted at imo. Basically it took me like three minutes to realize how the puzzle was so supposed to work out and another 30 minutes to realize you have to write down the binary codes below each other and read numbers in vertical lines.

Top Bottom