• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does it spoil anything? I finished 1 and didn't see anything in that boxart that could be considered a spoiler
Think it's more based on if you haven't beaten the game, since
If you look closely, you might be able to tell that Byakuya is on there, spoiling the fact that he lives. Granted, kind of hard to tell with him being fat, but better safe than sorry.

bigkrev

If you look closely, you might be able to tell that Byakuya is on there, spoiling the fact that he lives. Granted, kind of hard to tell with him being fat, but better safe than sorry.

He is? I just spent 2 minutes stairing at the blown up version and can't find him

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He is? I just spent 2 minutes stairing at the blown up version and can't find him
Look underneath the "2". Like I said, he got fat, so he looks rather different. As for why & how he's back and fat, no idea.

Sorian

Banned
Just don't look at it closely. I know I'm not, even though I finished DR.

Feel free to look at it closely, it is basically the same promotional material that jpn got on release and anything you think you know from looking at the box is wrong anyway, but I just don't think people who haven't beaten one yet should be looking at it.

FluxWaveZ

Feel free to look at it closely, it is basically the same promotional material that jpn got on release and anything you think you know from looking at the box is wrong anyway, but I just don't think people who haven't beaten one yet should be looking at it.

Nah, I'm avoiding absolutely everything about Danganronpa 2, even if it's promotional in nature. Did the same with Danganronpa, and I'm glad I did.

789shadow

Banned
Byakuya's presence is not necessarily a spoiler. Which ironically is itself sort of a spoiler.

PK Gaming

tumblr_n38acaqYBW1tn9i45o1_500.jpg

:)

source

hohoXD123

Thanks for the replies, went with english VA in the end, and yeah it is very well done. Only just finished with the introductions but already digging the characters. I can see myself spending the time trying for the platinum for this game.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Aaaaaand finished.

Have some mixed feelings, but the game does a lot of things right too! Awesome characters, great voice acting and partially very intriguing story.

The major flaw is the trial system imo. I appreciate that they wanted to do something out of the ordinary with it. But it just doesn't work very well. Every trial I just wanted to solve the "mystery", and just when you're ready the game goes: "herp - hangman time, derp - rhytm game time!". I liked the anime resumés though. I also liked that you could record statements.

Apart from that: One of the best experiences so far this year.

Holykael1

Banned
Did not expect the class trials to take so damn long and be such a chore, definitely one of the more obvious negatives so far.

I had fun with them personally and I thought they were pretty easy to breeze through. The only annoying bit was the comic book thing in the end until I figured out that you could click on each circle to get a tip and then it was pretty hassle free.
They certainly don't have the same Oomph as the Phoenix Wright games unfortunately but they are still a fun distraction. I liked them.

I'm a big AA/ZE fan, and this game's hype and style choices interested me. I was going to hold off on this game until I got a Vita of my own, but after I got spoiled on some early plot stuff, I decided to stop risking it and play with the patch.

I just finished Chapter 2, and I'm really enjoying this experience so far. It's really bringing out similar feelings of mystery and figuring out what's going on that Ace Attorney does. I like how the game keeps things fast paced and tense through the entire court sequence, especially since the game hasn't been the most challenging in terms of finding contradictions. The minigames are pretty fun too, although that anagram/hangman one was pretty meh. My favorite is definitely the Closing Argument/Climax Inference. A minigame that's essentially about putting the events in order is a lot more fun than it should be since everything in that sequence is things that have been figured out throughout the plot. I suspect that it's because it has me thinking about the entire plot from beginning to end so I can appreciate how this mystery went down, along with the slick manga sequence that you get at the end.

Plotwise, I'm past the part of the game that was spoiled for me in Chapter 2
that Chihiro is actually male
and I'm impressed that the spoiled bit played out differently in context than I was expecting. It was a good case that actually had me feeling pretty sad about the characters that were involved in the crime.

I may post clearer feelings on my thoughts as I progress through and ultimately "graduate" up to the Spoiler thread, but so far, I'm having a good time with this.

hohoXD123

This. Damn. Game. Can't remember the last time it's been so difficult to stop playing a game, amazing. Not great for when exams are coming up though...

Holykael1

Banned
This. Damn. Game. Can't remember the last time it's been so difficult to stop playing a game, amazing. Not great for when exams are coming up though...

I found myself in the same situation.
The only games that hooked me more were the best Ace Attorneys, 999 and VLR.

hohoXD123

Wow, didn't expect to finish it this quickly, think I'll leave school mode for a while. Really enjoyed this, would definitely recommend that people play it.

I found myself in the same situation.
The only games that hooked me more were the best Ace Attorneys, 999 and VLR.
I actually liked it more than VLR, didn't think that would be the case.

vocab

Is there more than one killer in this game? I remember someone posting a picture that was pretty spoiler heavy saying I knew it was this person just by looking at them. I don't remember the name, but I'm pretty sure I could point it out from a line. If there's multiple killers than the spoiler doesn't means much. Spoiler tag if possible.

chrono01

This might not "technically" be Danganronpa 1-related [more Danganronpa 2], but Cospatio will be releasing a Nagito Komaeda replica jacket in July. It's made-to-order up until 5/12, and looks to be pretty well-made. It's a good thing too, considering it's relatively high price tag.

i8WyEufftQO1i.jpg

I've been meaning to grab a new Spring/Summer/Fall jacket, and this one looks to be a nice solution. I might just have to order one for myself...

http://geestore.com/detail/id/00000056610

Also available at AmiAmi. Yes, they ship Internationally.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...t?s_maker=COSPA$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=8

Mendrox

Saw the announcement of part 2 searched Hamburg Germany for hours and just bought the game going all the way in without knowing anything - am I in for a ride? :)

kewlmyc

This might not "technically" be Danganronpa 1-related [more Danganronpa 2], but Cospatio will be releasing a Nagito Komaeda replica jacket in July. It's made-to-order up until 5/12, and looks to be pretty well-made. It's a good thing too, considering it's relatively high price tag.

i8WyEufftQO1i.jpg

I've been meaning to grab a new Spring/Summer/Fall jacket, and this one looks to be a nice solution. I might just have to order one for myself...

http://geestore.com/detail/id/00000056610

Also available at AmiAmi. Yes, they ship Internationally.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...t?s_maker=COSPA$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=8

Fuck, I really want this, but too rich for my blood. If only it wasn't immediate payment.

bigkrev

The day after Labor Day.

I look forward to the shipping delays, my despair I'll be having over it and me in the end double dipping on the digital version so I can actually play it.

Just like the first game.

Oh god I didn't even think of that.

Pre-order at Gamestop or buy digitally if you want to be playing this the week it comes out!

info for my official thread AND hi res logos?

yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss

EDIT: also I didn't know Atlus had anything to do with DR, interesting.

Apparently, if you look at the first game's box you'll see that it was distributed by Index Corp.

So I guess this is nothing new.

For NA PSN we got some new Avatars for basically every character except Monokuma

huh, I don't see them on the website and I swear the blog post had like half of them listed but all of them are gone now expect Toko's.

And now they are all gone. Maybe they aren't supposed to be up yet?

Mendrox

Saw the announcement of part 2 searched Hamburg Germany for hours and just bought the game going all the way in without knowing anything - am I in for a ride? :)

Just for your information... I finished the whole game in two days. Loved it. Hyped for Part 2. After each chapter I watched 2 anime episodes just to get more Danganronpa lol. Awesome game.

Danj

Finally picked this game up the other day, loving it so far! And I see we're even getting the 2nd game in Q3 (I'm in Yurop), awesome.

eXistor

I'm really enjoying the game as well (just got to chapter 5). The action parts are shit, but it's a minor (but annoying) downside to the overall game. It's no Ace Attorney or 999/VLR in terms of overall quality I think (it's much more interactive novel than those games), but it's got a very interesting core mystery and the characters are fun.

I suppose I should avoid the anime for now? I'm guessing that follows the same basic plot as the game right?

I suppose I should avoid the anime for now? I'm guessing that follows the same basic plot as the game right?
Yeah, it follows the story but it's too quick and overlooks details. In particular I heard that the investigations parts are done very poorly in the anime

Mdesilva

Finally trying to Platinum the game, and it's really not that difficult at all. Just gotta have the answers to school mode and some patience.

Alpha_eX

Started this over the weekend and quite far into it. Great game but it really bugs me how two of the strongest characters continuously hand hold and spoon feed me, it feels really out of character for both of them.

Another niggle is that in one case, they stress over disposal of evidence but in the next they completely over look it. Same again when they stress over a missing item, but massively overlook one (chess thing) in another case which would have nailed the killer.

Is there any benefit to talking to people in free time, I feel that the story doesn't change based on who I spend time with.

Is there any benefit to talking to people in free time, I feel that the story doesn't change based on who I spend time with.
It doesn't change the story, but it unlocks more pages in the character's report card, and you can earn skills to use in trials.

The main benefit of it though is to learn more about the characters.

Alpha_eX

Ah, and there was me thinking it'd open up alternate endings or something. I'm quite relieved that isn't the case because I don't particularly want to replay this game as the running about and courtroom scenes take a while.

EDIT: Might have spoiled a massive twist reading the synopsis of Danganronpa Zero... So I wouldn't advise doing that!

Ah, and there was me thinking it'd open up alternate endings or something. I'm quite relieved that isn't the case because I don't particularly want to replay this game as the running about and courtroom scenes take a while.

EDIT: Might have spoiled a massive twist reading the synopsis of Danganronpa Zero... So I wouldn't advise doing that!
Don't research ANYTHING about the series, even after you are done with the first one. There are spoilers everywhere.

The best way is to experience everything in the order it was released, and Zero was released after the first game, but before the second.

Korosenai

This has probably been asked (and answered) a thousand times, but is the manga/anime based off the game or is it a separate storyline?

Top Bottom