• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

gryvan

Sorry I just got off work...its been a really long day and painful IRL crap >_>...

So yay we got scum but at the same time we didn't lose a town but a neutral which may or may not be basically scum due to his win conditions.

So I was reading off the previous days of Day 3 and what I noticed was he was praising you A LOT darryl...

I don't think Darryl is scum, and if anything I think he's the most town out of anyone, but I feel this move by Corn is odd.

Maybe he realized that Darryl was too much of a Town player that he realized if he kept his attacks on him then he'd be labeled as scum.

That really drills the fact that Darryl is town, and actually the best player in this game.

Damn. Blarg has always struck me as off but he really got me there. I don't even think he thought about this. He even got Corn...damn.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I got sucked in, and I don't want this to happen again. My ignorance paired with Blarg's deception and his own ignorance almost resulted in literally nothing, and if Star was to flip Town that would only hurt us more.

It might look suspicious due to the fact that

a) Darryl might be scum and making him look very townish

or

b) Darryl might be town and trying to stick with him so that he can be blendy as hell the following day.

I feel it could be option b) because scum loves to be blendy and would let other towns fight other towns but at the same time, town was following Darryl's lead for 3 days and have all been mislynches so far...so I dunno...

I'm still sifting through more of his posts but I have to filter them out between the game vs. other threads he has posted so will get more info later. I'm still reading through his reads list too

so i completely misinterpreted when the day was going to end, completely missed it. woops. a thousand apologies.
but damn, that OA train outa nowhere. just... yikes.

Since we have some more info, my top 3 town are Melonrabbit, Giant Panda, and Stanley. My top 3 scum are Blarg, StarSketch, and Ultron87.

I think those 3 are just bussing each other and failing at it.

so i guess the criteria for top town is simply "dont fuck up" right now?

having a realllllllllly hard time not seeing any possible timelines where you arnt scum right now.

I expect Blarg to write a graph of what happened after the game is over.

you draw a graph, you dont write them .

*snickt*

And now you and Blarg both want to go back to playing the same old popularity contest.

Man who lead unprovoked and completely fruitless lynchmob against an innocent man doesn't want this to be a popularity contest

So Darryl is claiming Danny Phantom and we were supposed to have gotten that from his challenge of TWE? The way TWE was challenged seemed role neutral to me. In fact it seemed like a bad idea to to try to counter claim DP against a joke so I thought it was very unlikely Darryl was DP.

So Darryl is claiming Danny Phantom and we were supposed to have gotten that from his challenge of TWE? The way TWE was challenged seemed role neutral to me. In fact it seemed like a bad idea to to try to counter claim DP against a joke so I thought it was very unlikely Darryl was DP.

...Wait was I seriously the only person who read Darryl's posts as him incredibly soft claiming?

...oh wait yeah I used a similar line in Gafia 1 and only swamped noticed.

Darryl

Banned
who the fuck are you two to challenge me for leading a lynch when you weren't even there? i would tear you guys into fucking shreds right now if I wasn't mobile. what exactly was I supposed to do yesterday? no one was doing anything, there were a handful of candidates with a few votes each. this has been the story of the game

I woke up in shock to see the game barely progressed, no one was talking, and there was like an hour and a half on the clock. it was obvious that the lynch was going to go to mafia's choice if I didn't speak up and do something since we hadn't lynched a single mafia member yet. I don't want to lead. I'm trying to be as offhand as possible, but if I was anymore offhand the game would still be on page 3

who the fuck are you two to challenge me for leading a lynch when you weren't even there? i would tear you guys into fucking shreds right now if I wasn't mobile. what exactly was I supposed to do yesterday? no one was doing anything, there were a handful of candidates with a few votes each. this has been the story of the game

I woke up in shock to see the game barely progressed, no one was talking, and there was like an hour and a half on the clock. it was obvious that the lynch was going to go to mafia's choice if I didn't speak up and do something since we hadn't lynched a single mafia member yet. I don't want to lead. I'm trying to be as offhand as possible, but if I was anymore offhand the game would still be on page 3

ohhhhhhhhhh this aughta be good

alright then, maybe heres a way to approach this that wont make darryl throw a freaking hissy fit.

to all the people who vote for (or at least tried to) Oceanic air. what did you think of TWE's attempts to tell you you were making a mistake?

well, isnt that just something

seriously i dont actually have a concrete conclusion to draw from this, just want everone to take note.

This also means that SS original vote for Blarg remained although it appeared at least but the was changed in favor of the majority. It the chaos of the last 30 or so minutes this would relatively go unnoticed until an official final count at the end of the day.

To be clearer. TWE at first voted for Blarg and upon seeing the OA lynch in progress commented how he was not changing his vote only to be swayed shortly thereafter by Darryl an co. and then not ultimately and then TWE was quite apologetic, self-deprecating in the aftermath of switching votes back aND forth. It was a too much... And that put TWE on my list of top scum candidates.

Darryl

Banned
yes.

yes i was.

Lookie at some of this stuff here

so i completely misinterpreted when the day was going to end, completely missed it. woops. a thousand apologies.
but damn, that OA train outa nowhere. just... yikes.

so i guess the criteria for top town is simply "dont fuck up" right now?

having a realllllllllly hard time not seeing any possible timelines where you arnt scum right now.

Man who lead unprovoked and completely fruitless lynchmob against an innocent man doesn't want this to be a popularity contest

My unprovoked and completely fruitless lynchmob? It was this comment:

Vote: OceanicAir

Might not be around. OA is text book scummy. Just read his posts

I wasn't lying when I said I might not be around. I was in the middle of sleeping. I woke up in the middle of my sleep to check on the game. Afterwards I stayed awake and played 2~ hours till the deadline. I didn't really have a choice because no one was here and I had to carry my weight. I don't mind putting the extra time in. However, when I make that much self-sacrifice and get responses like that. Abusive? You weren't being kind either and you were provoking it. You also responded a few pages ago, I think I said "What the fucking fuck" to a few posters, and you called it.. childish ?

okay before i say anything, i think some people here need calm the hell down and remember that we are just playing a game.
people just acting childish in here.

Is this the only reason you're playing the game? Like, dude, you're barely even playing. I've said fuck a few times but it's a very tame game. I think you've taken it too far for me. If you want to play.. within the game - that's fine. We are adults. If you want to swear at me, that's fine. If you want to call me an attention-whore, a fucking twat, and ignorant asshole. That's fine. It's a part of the game and there's obvious reasons for colorful language within the game. It's a game about manipulating people and controlling social dynamics with text obviously involves using language certain ways. However, you're obviously trying to escalate this and make a statement.

"Abusive" takes it too far. It takes it out of the game. You're no longer making commentary on the game or trying to influence social dynamics within the game. You're getting meta and trying to influence things outside of the game. Like you want a moderator to have to step in to referee. Now, it's not cool anymore. I feel like you're making a statement on my personality in general and that's offensive. You could've called me anything in the world and I wouldn't have been offended, but "abusive"? My god. I don't want to play this game anymore, especially if me and my time isn't going to be respected. I have already put 10X the amount of time into it than I should have (which was still quite a lot). So, I think I have to drop out.

I was hoping we would catch OA as being scum and inadvertently catch SS by association. I would think this is something you would want, and I said that to persuade you since you really want to lynch her. You apparently didn't like that, probably because you knew OA was never scum to begin with. You just really want to bus SS. You can see my argument against OA on the other page. It's a real argument, based on evidence in the thread. You seem to have known the entire time that it would lead no where. Strongly inspired by OA's persuasive 17 posts? I don't believe it.

old and new gods alike be gracious to grant me the mental fortitude to continue on my righteous path because swear down this man did not just seriously doppelgang my Days-built case against him and StarSketch but from some vile pool of audacity had the nerve to twist it towards me by replacing SS, for which there is precedent in spilled blood for his suspicious ongoing protection of her via the sacrifice of others for Days and a seeming heel-turn against her now that others have finally fucking noticed and/or he's almost done with his plan in using her to handwave his scumminess through me, with OA, a now dead inactive Townie that as a result of inactivity had no tangible links to anyone which is a fact that the man who pulled said lynch target out of his own ass himself has admitted as much yet incongruously ties his own shit-lynch to me and calls it condemning, a now dead Townie that he himself led the lynch against at Yesterday's end with everyone stupidly following him and now he has the gall to say that not only did I desire that shit-ban of his, that he was doing it because he was helping my case against StarSketch, thus by extension helping my case against him, which I honestly hope for the sake of all that is good in this fictional universe that I don't have to explain further to this lazy, privileged Town how much of a CONVOLUTED MINDFUCK OF AN ACCUSATORY #SCUMTELL JAB AT ME THAT IS

THAT'S A FUCKING HOT REFLECTION, DARRYL

IF I SAY YOUR NAME THREE TIMES OUT LOUD, DO YOU APPEAR IN THE MIRROR TO JUMPSCARE ME TOO?

WAIT, LET ME SWITCH TO DARK THEME FOR A MOMENT, I HEARD IT ONLY WORKS WHEN EVERYONE'S BLINDED BY YOUR #SICKREADS

oh shit I didn't see that post above mine before I submitted, sry

everyone back off from Darryl RIGHT NOW, for fuck's sake give him some room to breathe

I got your back Darryl, don't sweat it

yeah fuck off of Darryl you insignificant worms, none of you soulless annelids are fit to recycle the offal that is wept in the wake of his footsteps like cakes of angel food

yeah, that abusive remark was petty, and i am sorry for that.
but i think you are really getting things seriously messed up here.

who the fuck are you two to challenge me for leading a lynch when you weren't even there? i would tear you guys into fucking shreds right now if I wasn't mobile. what exactly was I supposed to do yesterday?

this is all i was referring to when i made that remark.
im sure we have different standards for this kind of thing, but to me this was out of line. i for one really dont like it when someone aggressively swears at me for making a point.
i wasn't trying to provoke or aggravate you, and i never stopping taking your input seriously.

if the game is stressing you out this badly then dropping out might not be such a bad idea, i think you are getting way too into it.

also that childish remark earlier had nothing to do with you, it was referring to TWE and Corn's arguing that had gotten only a step away from name calling.

Honestly, Darryl, I'm running out of ways to sarcastically deride your obvious scumminess with all this Days' worth of circumstantial evidence against you, and really now, I have things to be, places to do, eventually

You'd better get me flipped and gone with your sheeple-manipulating word sorcery before I run out of totally original ways to gift-wrap the tenets of my timeless case against you, or else I'm going to start sounding like a broken record in the Guinness sense

I see some theories floating around about how Corn could be dead already, and honestly I doubt Scum would target him three times in a row and there is an additional third kill command. Strongman is a possibility or maybe some kind of arsonist that ignores bulletproof.

For now I have no indication that Rats claim would be false so I'll believe it.

I'll read over the interactions from/with TWE later today.

wait, am i going crazy or did Star also vote for OA only for it to not be counted?
There wasn't a space between vote and the name so it didn't get counted.

It's in the automated votecount, but not in the posted end-of-day-count... Terra, you may want to clarify if that's intentional or a mistake on your side.

alright then, maybe heres a way to approach this that wont make darryl throw a freaking hissy fit.

to all the people who vote for (or at least tried to) Oceanic air. what did you think of TWE's attempts to tell you you were making a mistake?

At the time I thought he either was Scum trying to save his buddy or just Townie not understanding how Darryl suddenly got a train going out of thin air. Both scenarios were wrong apparently.

I'll agree with those who think CB was likely killed by a strongman. Either we have enough killers that CB was able to be targeted three times in 3 nights in addition to the kills we're already aware of, or somebody had a means of bypassing his protection. I think strongman possibility is more likely. In any case, I agree that we can probably derive quite a but from TWE and CB's flips.

TWE ended day 1 and 2 on Xam/KingKitty, and then ended on Blarg yesterday after making a show of it.

All of these were votes in places where that player was actually near the top of the current standings, so it wasn't a meaningless vote getting tossed around.

Yeah, this is probably important. Especially with Blarg, after TWE's flip I find it more likely he is town, despite my feelings about some of his decisions. Looking at some of TWE's posts, even beyond when he actually voted for Blarg, he's fitted in little bits about how he feels Blarg's play this game has been off. It's possible he's just been trying to bus Blarg admittedly, but the way he said things like "Blarg's deception" seems a little strong to me. As for XamKitty, we have his miller claim. It's possible that he's lying about being a miller and TWE was going for the bus, but I get a pretty good feeling from a lot of kitty's posts. I'm inclined to believe he's town.

Something else I want to bring up: thinking back to when Blarg made that explanation post that Corn, TWE, and gryvan all immediately latched onto, before proceeding to immediately do a total 180. After last night's results, we now see that of the 3, at least two weren't town (neutral and scum). What do you guys think are the odds of gryvan also not being town?

Also worth considering based on TWE's flip:

TWE isn't Scum. Maybe a lost partner or something but unless he chose to ignore the Scum chat or the whole Scum team is completely incompetent there is no way this is a Scum gambit. Come on.

Flush was very sure that TWE wasn't scum, at least at that point. Now, as of yesterday Flush had put TWE on his top scum list, admitting that even if TWE's DP joke wasn't a gambit, it didn't mean he wasn't scum (which especially in light of his flip is totally valid). He then says that TWE is actually at the lower end of that list after having some of his recent posts. Now, a lot of people thought TWE's sudden reversal on Blarg's explanation was fairly suspect. Maybe Flush had tried to put pressure on him in case things went south and he was lynched, but tried to keep his options open by being less suspicious of him then the others on his list?

Trigger

I believe Rats. His flip would easily disprove what he was saying, and there's not much reason for mafia to go with such a bold role claim.

I'm going to think a little more about this Darryl v Blarg situation.

NcR1Mus.gif

So.

Back on D1, we had a neck-to-neck closing with a seemingly inevitable outcome between StarSketch and SkyOdin, in that one of them was bound to be banished then. So I tried to make more of both.

By attempting to create a tie, I was essentially soft-investigating both StarSketch and SkyOdin before one of them flipped, via forcing others to intervene with tie-breaker votes to see who picked what side under a semblance of pressure. But Sky just had to be a martyr and took up one of those slots himself, which only left me with the Flame lead after that hammer-vote of his, and hence the subsequent forced pursuit of him on D2.

The odds that Flame flipping Town were admittedly high, naturally, given a normal Town:Mafia ratio plus the circumstance of my accusation of him (born at the end of Day, when players' actions are less well-thought out than usual), and I will admit that we might have been better served by lynching TheWorthyEdge Yesterday instead. A very tiny "might", that. A mite-sized "might", you might say.

Because, I still maintain that it was entirely worth banishing Sky's hammer-voter, EXACTLY because the odds of Flame being Town were naturally high; we can now better examine those players who had helped me attack Flame_AC on D2. Hence, why I said to look at the D2 votes on Flame again. Also, the lack of any real useful activity Yesterday was an indication that Flame was Town before the flip, hence why I also suggested now looking at those who didn't vote for Flame as well, and also at the inactives, as both types could be Mafia low-layers, taking full advantage of the easy bus I set up as bait. BUT, in this bloody game, EVERYONE'S a scum-sucking inactive, so that kinda shits all over my original intent, doesn't it?

So, as we stand now in the current absence of any Power Role help, we have to rely on GOOD OLD-FASHIONED WHODUNNIT CROSS-REFERENCING, and so our true best banishment bet Today is to lynch StarSketch, finishing what we started on D1 instead of watching Corn and TWE fling mutual poos at each other until we banish me. By doing so, we can put this sordid D1 triangle to rest once and for all, and tangibly advance our reads (provided that any of you actually bother updating your files).

We need to know StarSketch's alignment in order to:

• exonerate myself so that we prove I wasn't acting to save her (in the event that she's scum) in some bizarre method of mine, and more importantly,
  • in order to cross-reference the ones who directly voted against Sky on D1 with the ones who directly voted against Flame on D2, in the light of the knowledge now that they are both Town.

If StarSketch flips as scum, it's likely there's scum among the list of players that voted against SkyOdin for her sake, and we can see if any names of those who pursued the now-confirmed-as-Town Flame on D2, also pop up on Sky's list.

If Star flips as Town, then I laughably trust in y'all knowing what to do in that case. ¬_¬
VOTE: StarSketch

I'm locking this in as my final vote for Today, and this'll be the last time I explain why I did that what.

Vote: Blargonaut

This is ridiculous.

It is a possibility that Starsketch is scum and some votes on SkyOdin were to save a scum SS, but I didn't get that read based on the low number of votes they both ended up with.

am I dreaming? my gawd an actual decent post thats not insane (and not get hit by some weird spell) and readable...

I personally don't mind wanting to see star's alignment itself as well. I did not read town at all during day 1 but at the same time I wasn't sure she would be scum either due to the fact that during day 2 corn was tunneling her but she didn't really get that pressured. I will put a temporary vote on star but if its enough that star can be considered town, I'm changing it back to worthy again.

UNVOTE

VOTE:StarSketch

Hmm, Blarg's post is actually convincing to me too. Now that I've cooled down on wanting TWE gone asap.

Vote: Starsketch

This will serve well to provide us a lot of information. If Sketch did flip scum, we'd actually have a ton to work with.

Literally EXACTLY what I was thinking xD

Hm...reading that though Blarg did make a good case, and one that's actually comprehensive at that.

I think this is a horrible idea. Look at the pool of voters on SkyOdin, who ultimately saved StarSketch.

crimsonfist 418
el topo 466

starsketch 516
darryl 517
blargonaut 521 (523)
skyodin 522
flame_ac 524

Four people are dead and town. One is you. The other is me.

This leaves me/you/StarSketch as the only three living members who this'll trap. StarSketch will be dead. So you're essentially trying to turn this into a me vs. you thunderdome, pitting me (because I voted for SS and Flame_AC) against you. ? Am I understanding this all right ? This isn't much information at all and it doesn't shed any additional light on the vast majority of posters in the game. How does anyone think this is a good idea?

Darryl is right...

Unvote

your right the starsketch vote doesn't make sense at this point when we have like 4 townies killed that voted for her lol...

UNVOTE

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

blarg please...at least you attempted to lead in a way

That really drills the fact that Darryl is town, and actually the best player in this game.

Damn. Blarg has always struck me as off but he really got me there. I don't even think he thought about this. He even got Corn...damn.

I got sucked in, and I don't want this to happen again. My ignorance paired with Blarg's deception and his own ignorance almost resulted in literally nothing, and if Star was to flip Town that would only hurt us more.

I wonder how willing scum would be to go from "yes blarg is right, lets kill star" to "yes darryl is right" in the span of one page. My initial gut reaction says scum would want to avoid blatantly looking like bandwagon flip floppers.

But I guess a possible situation is that scum saw an opening to tackle town-Star. When the mislynch occurs, they could then blame town-Blarg. But then the logic in Blarg's argument was challenged, so they felt the need to quickly back off.

Honestly that flip flop was weird as duck

You know, as I sit here waiting for this antivirus software to kill the bloody thing that's infected this laptop with shortcut-substituting antics, thinking about this game and the ghost theme of this game of ghosts and the universe at large... I've realized that being a ghost is a pretty neat type of afterlife. I mean, not to sound morbid, but think about it. Well, it's not heaven or enlightenment or stuff like that, but you get to, like, roam the earth for eternity, go sightseeing anywhere, anytime, follow people around, get to see the future play out? You even have ghost prospects, if you hated something enough with a burning passionate vendetta during life you get promoted to poltergeist after death and then you can actually act like you still have a body, you know? That's a pretty great eternity IMO. I think I rank it second to Valhalla, but a little higher than Purgatory overall, although the latter's entry fee is a bit too steep for my liking and the former's got the chance of messing your chance up, right? Did I use latter and former correctly? I always forget which one corresponds to which

I could really go for some nachos right now, the homemade "healthy" kind with chilli beef beans and sour cream and guacamole and some premium unfitting cheese like camembert slathered all over it, never tried making my own tortilla chips though, I mean, who has time for that, they're basically just the utensils for the stew, so, whatever, store-bought chips it is

Anyway, good chat, back to work

Glad to see some real salient points being brought up by people other than myself for a change, despite the slow burn

Rats is covering up his real Night action with that Switcher claim of his, trying to explain his movement last Night in case any Tracker or relevant Tracker variants were watching him, probably

I believe Rats. His flip would easily disprove what he was saying, and there's not much reason for mafia to go with such a bold role claim.

I'm going to think a little more about this Darryl v Blarg situation.

ehhh, I dunno about that, there's plenty of possible reasons IMO

Enker died on N1 and he was Danny Phantom's Enabler

Enker's flavour stated that:

You are Sam Manson(AKA, Enabler)
You are aligned with Amity Park(Town)
You can’t remember his name, or what he looks like, but you know deep within yourself who Danny Phantom is. Not the super hero, but the boy behind him. You also know he feels the same way. As an Enabler, if you are to be eliminated, he could lose all will to use his powers. *snip*

CornBurrito was 'Dark Danny Phantom', a Neutral-aligned Serial Killer

Corn's Role-flavour stated that:

Welcome, Cornburrito
You are Dark Danny(AKA Serial Killer)
You are aligned with Yourself
You are Danny Phantom… Kinda. You’re actually the ghost-half of future Danny fenton in an alternate timeline where his friends and family all died. *snip*

...what if Corn was originally the Danny Phantom, but after Enker his Enabler died, he heel-turned with his new Linkin Park powers and went all mid-2000s Nintendo protagonist clone antagonist on us?

As in, he turned into an evil version of himself, possibly

Fake Edit: Hi Kark. My welcome gift for you is a monster post :p

------------------

Votes by and for TWE

Day 1

xamtheking/kingkitty (3)
xamtheking 143 (217)
skyodin 270 (279)
theworthyedge 329
giant panda 330
cornburrito 340 (442)
oceanicair 488

theworthyedge (1)
darryl 146 (305)
trigger 157 (304)
starsketch 201 (253)
flame_ac 206 (436)
xamtheking 217 (321)
blargonaut 285 (306)
ultron87 406

Day 2
xamtheking/kingkitty (3)
giant panda 573
xamtheking 574
flame_ac 666 (742)
theworthyedge 672

Day 3
blargonaut (3)
ultron87 888
rats off to ya 907 (984)
matt attack 948
starsketch 1010 (1158)
theworthyedge 1033 (1050)
theworthyedge 1133 (1136)
theworthyedge 1143

cornburrito (0)
ty4on 977 (1126)
theworthyedge 1001 (1033)
(Here is a second vote by TWE in the votetool that was a mistake because some people insist on posting quotes inside of quotes...)

matt attack (0)
theworthyedge 1112 (1133)

theworthyedge (1)
gryvan 946 (1014)
cornburrito 991 (1015)
giant panda 1039 (1167)
cornburrito 1068

Noteworthy posts by TWE

Day 1

After his "claim" he starts of voting for Xam/Kingkitty:
Vote: Xamtheking

You bandwagoned against me, and now you're voting Flush w/o fully realizing what you're voting for. I said in my "survey" the biggest thing that signals to me scum is bandwagonning.

I don't know if I agree or even understand Blarg's accusal but I'll look at it later when I'm off the clock.
This doesn't read like busing to me but more like Scum that thinks he found a good lynch target.

Day 2

This happened when Trigger was in consideration for a lynch:
I don't read Triggers town either but I feel the same about Xam. What did Xam do for the game? Nothing besides be a Blarg Jr. Speaking of Blarg. Usually at this point in the game he has something "valuable"to say. I feel Blarg is being much more reserves this game, so I feel like his behavior is a bit weird. Saying this, he'll read it like an invitation to get crazy again.
Do you actually think I'm defending him? That's interesting to me because I was trying to get a better grip on why everyone was voting for him.
He doesn't want to vote for Trigger (but refuses to state that Trigger was Town) and says he might as well keep on Xam/Kingkitty.

Day 3

Close to day start he ...
I'm seriously considering putting a vote on Blarg right now but I want to go back and look @ the Flame votes real fast.

I just don't like what he said about "don't look at me, look at everyone else"
... threatens to put a vote on Blarg but doesn't go through with it. Always a good sign.

Anyway, he later does, only to keep flip-flopping between Blarg and CB.

I don't think Darryl is scum, and if anything I think he's the most town out of anyone, but I feel this move by Corn is odd.

Maybe he realized that Darryl was too much of a Town player that he realized if he kept his attacks on him then he'd be labeled as scum.
Defends Darryl (he repeatedly does that)

Like you said. Not his finest [The topic here is Blarg's deception], but still good enough to fool me and even Corn.

I do think we should look @ people who immediately voted for Star after the whole ordeal. Gryvan, and Corn.

UNVOTE: Blargonaut
Like KingKitty said though. I feel Scum wouldn't switch so fast.

Hm...I still am not a fan of Corn's currently ala my post on the top of the page but I don't feel he'd be as blatantly taken off guard as he was...
Wants to look into gryvan and CB for jumping onto the StarSketch plan by Blarg. Only ever votes for CB. Soon after says the people who switched so quickly probably arent Scum...

Readslist(s):
Ultron87
-Initial Thoughts: The thing that made me weird while looking over his posts were his votes. Jumped on the bandwagon for Flame at the end with a "This seems fine." Before he had voted for Rats for being "more coastier" than himself. He voted for me for role fishing Darryl. Other than that he hasn't contributed at all really, and due to that Flame bandwagon I feel that could possibly be a sign of scum.

Matt Attack
-Literally the most redundant player to me as of right now. You can boil all 500 of his words in a post to 2 or 3, and chances are it's simply him on the fence about everything.

Giant Panda
-Initial Thoughts: Read my joke as a joke so he's instantly got smart points in my eyes. He voted Xam for largely the same reasons I did, bandwagoning on the most mundane of things. Him trying to make his vote on Xam seem like a genuine vote, and not a bandwagon comes off as Town too me as that has happened to me before where I'm writing a post and in the matter of seconds 2 or 3 other votes come in. Him and melonrabbits relationship does seem kind of "back and forth so that they don't think we're scum together". It seems kind of like Nin and I's relationship when we were scum together.
I love you nin.
xD Still says he thinks my joke was a mistake so he didn't do any backtracking there. Leaning town unless something more develops between melon and panda.

Ty4on
-Initial Thoughts: A lot of his posts are either questions, or simply reassuring a fact. Such as:

Him agreeing with Blarg on the vote for Giant Panda was interesting as not even Blarg had an explanation for when he voted

Not really feeling anyone either...

Him and Blarg seem to have some aligning views, so based off of how this game has been going they MUST be a scum team. /s Though I do think it's kind of odd those two.

If I had to choose Scum from this list I think I'd choose Matt Attack or Ty4on.

I'm thinking my top candidates right now for lynching are Matt Attack, Blarg, or Corn.

Matt Attack for reasons I posted last page when you (Darryl) asked me what I felt about them.

Blarg because he's nothing but a nuisance. I know there aren't Jesters in these games because they're dumb, but it always feels like there is one with Blarg. Just nonsense.

Corn for reasons I stated on the top of page 21.

I'm heavily leaning Matt Attack or Corn.

Really curious to see how this OceanicAir thing will turn out because to be perfectly honest with you Darryl we'd get more out of Starsketch's Lynch than we would OceanicAir. If it comes down to OceanicAir and Star I'm voting Star but as of right now.

VOTE: Matt Attack

Reactions to TWE's "claim" by people that haven't flipped yet (sorted from "SCUM!" to "Probably nothing"

(Fun fact: While reading this in the context of Scum TWE, Flame looked even scummier to me... If he wasn't dead Town by now I would probably vote for him)

Trigger
VOTE: The WorthyEdge

A random role claim out of no where. I don't watch the show, so I'm not sure if lynch immunity is something Danny would have. I do know that I don't see any reason why a town player would make that claim.
stands for itself

Darryl
Why are you lying about being Danny Phantom, TWE?

What kinda gambit could this possibly be?
why would someone claim a role guaranteed to be in the game as a joke?
Calls TWE out and doesn't get convinced that it was just a joke.

Ty4on
Is there anything from PW that makes you think this is a real claim?
Does PW affect your view of him as a town? Like how he just role claimed out of the blue?
Unless Danny can't be NK'd or something I don't understand why anyone would claim this early. Especially as Danny might be the most powerful role in the game and his death could cost town the game.
Takes it serious and avoids taking a clear stance on the matter.

StarSketch
What makes you so sure he's lying? It's a stupid move if he's telling the truth, though it also tells town to avoid hitting him... Which is good if he's lying.

Answered my own question I guess.
Vote: TheWorthyEdge

He hasn't said anything since the claim, though so I don't know if he wants to backtrack or dig in deeper.
I don't know. That sounds confused rather than busing. (Note that I may have a blind spot for StarSketch since she got lynched in Gods for no good reason having this ultra cool role...)

Ultron
Doing such a claim as a scum and doing it as actual Danny seem about about the same amount of crazy to me. Which is why I just assumed it was just a day 1 "lol, I have Danny as an avatar". Assuming people are acting completely rationally has gotten me into trouble before.
Thinks it was a joke

Rats
Having played with Worthy before, I can say with reasonable confidence that this is most likely the answer.
Thinks it was a joke

Giant Panda
TWE's claim reads like a joke to me, so I'm not putting much stock in it. Unless he wants to come back and reavow his claim.
Thinks it's a joke

Royal_Flush
TWE isn't Scum. Maybe a lost partner or something but unless he chose to ignore the Scum chat or the whole Scum team is completely incompetent there is no way this is a Scum gambit. Come on.
Doesn't think this possibly could be a Scum gambit

gryvan
Well looking at the current day situation (Day 1) I personally think he was just trying to be all fluff

but at the same time Darryl kinda exarcerbated the fluffiness of TWE's post and now I'm questioning TWE's motives too...

But then again Darryl is the kind of guy who wants to question everyone and see if they break or not.
Doesn't take TWE serious and thinks Darryl's call-out was a gambit.

People who ignored the subject entirely (or I missed their response):
- melonrabbit
- StanleyPalmtree
- Xam/Kingkitty
- Blarg
- Matt Attack

What am I expecting from Scum?
- Jumping onto TWE early after that claim (because he won't get lynched over this) or ignoring it by hoping it all goes away. Later on, once the thing blew up, they may also enforce the joke-angle.

- No dangerous or continous push by TWE to them. (Since TWE got NK'd I don't think further vote patterns give us that much more info as none of the lynch candidates so far is confirmed Scum)

Conclusion:
- Xam/Kingkitty gets Town points for being TWE's lynch subject
- Darryl gets Town points because why on earth would Scum Darryl do this to Scum TWE?
- Trigger gets Scum points for being very nervous about the "claim"
- Ty4on gets Scum points for commenting on the "claim" but avoiding any own stance.
- melonrabbit, Stanley, Matt Attack and Blarg get light Scum points for ignoring the "claim"

vote: Trigger

ultron87

Hi Kark!

Thinking on Worthy's claim, if it was a gambit, I feel it benefited two people the most. Worthy himself benefited because of the popular sentiment that Scum wouldn't ever make such a mistake. So that got a lot of initial town reads for him. Then, in the long run, it benefited Darryl (now Karkador), by letting him soft claim Danny for the future. Worthy even encouraged that notion a bit later when he was like "hey, how'd you know I was lying?" *wink* So now there's a nice believable base if he needs to claim that later on and fend off some votes. Despite doing this, Darryl hasn't died. And has also had a big role in three townie lynches.

Welcome Karkador.

Flush, I don't blame you for missing my comment about the TWE situation, as it was buried in the middle of initial vote against Blarg. I'll bold it here.

I'm gonna go ahead and put my vote on Blarg for now. The typo case was ridiculous and, as is per usual, I don't really understand many of his other posts. Not sure if his ordinary claim is supposed to be serious or not, but regardless of the intent behind it, it certainly isn't helping town. I want to say he screwed around with town as scum in WWE (at least, with the totally nonsensical posts)? I've sort of blocked off my memories of that game, but maybe something similar is happening here. There's also the fact that not many other people are pinging me as scummy right now. TWE has been feeling kind of weird to me (I think his claim that he didn't know the day started is believable enough, but the role fishing was very blatant, and I still don't like Flame's flavor speculation (not just talking about speculating on flavor itself, but the fact that he's entertaining the possibility that Danny is not town). I could go in either of those directions too.

To elaborate on my thoughts at the time, from my experiences I've always felt that TWE is somewhat prone to making mistakes during the course of a game, so I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been a legitimate error. You can probably put me in the "thought it was a joke" category.

Could you elaborate more on what you mean by Trigger being "nervous" about TWE's claim? I can understand why somebody might have wanted to vote for him after the claim. The comment about lynch immunity is kind of out of left field, but I'm not sure how scummy it is.

Ty4on

Hi Kark!

Been really inactive today. I've had a bunch of small RL things taking up my time and reading back there's been nothing big that stands out to me.

Town:
kingkitty looks town. The votes by Worthy help, but Xam's sudden vote of Worthy when he claimed it being a joke seems really weird for town.

Flush outright saying Worthy is town also looks town. It really stands out and doesn't seem like a rational way to turn a wagon.

Rat's didn't look particularly townie from his comments of Worthy D3 (initial town read into suspicion), but his claim seems to hold up. It's possible scum are gambling town doesn't have a switcher who can counterclaim or investigation roles that can disprove it, but seems unlikely. Corn dying either means we have 3+ killers (with Corn being hit 3 times) or a strongman. I find the latter to be much more likely and scum with a switcher (very strong for scum because it can help them bypass protection) AND a strongman is very powerful.

Scummy:
I really can't make a clear read of Blarg, but that push for Star could've been a way to save Worthy. It's really bold though.

gryvan's reluctance to vote for Worthy and immediate unvote when Blarg posts his thing about Star is scummy.
Ty4on

Takes it serious and avoids taking a clear stance on the matter.
I didn't think he was being serious, but I wanted to see where it went. At the time Corn's comment stood much more out to me.

----------------------------------
I've gotta make a new read of Trigger. So far he's looked towny, but ignoring town reads shot me in the foot in Gafia 2.

Hello Kark, and thank you Flush for that nice summary of TWE's activities. I'm not sure that I agree with the scum read of trigger though. I've been gut reading him as slightly town leaning.

Top Bottom