• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls GFWL to Steamworks Migration is now live.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'm so so sorry, but I'm laughing at this.

What the fuck is going on! someone, please. It's his first playthrough >_<

I think it's awesome how we're helping a dude play Dark Souls at its absolute best :D

When I saw his final pic I couldn't help but smile.

Jhotun

Neo Member
People want some more debug vids, thank 4chan for these

Playable Mimic

Playable Silver Knight

Playable Ornstein vs. Smough

Playable Ghost

Capra vs. Taurus

Unused Cutscene (I remember parts of this from one of the trailers)

Acid Visuals

What The Abyss looks like lit up

Thanks for the videos! The cutscene and the abyss are simply awesome. For fans of Dark Souls this is just too much awesomeness condensed. This game never ceases to amaze me, even in debug mode.

gngf123

Okay, so I finally got this running.

Question about DSfix though. I seem to be getting a lot of problems with the framerate fix. It seems to pretty much be doubling the speed of everything in the game. Everything from menu navigation to character movement becomes difficult to control.

Any ideas? I've done the standard things in the readme.

Okay, so I finally got this running.

Question about DSfix though. I seem to be getting a lot of problems with the framerate fix. It seems to pretty much be doubling the speed of everything in the game. Everything from menu navigation to character movement becomes difficult to control.

Any ideas? I've done the standard things in the readme.

I think you should disable it for now. A fix might come where it helps with that. I personally don't use it, I like being above the map, not falling through it D:.

This debug exe is cool. You can play as a Lvl 0 character with 50 stats in everything in the Debug walkthrough.

I was able to play as a Black knight. I was able to get him into the tower by walking the player character away from the tower until the door unloaded from the memory, then quickly switch back and forth (to keep him from returning to the default position) until the rest of the tower loaded. I tried to fight havel, but he one shotted me.

Switching to Havel, it turns out that he plays exactly like the player character, except like the other enemies, his view isn't decoupled from the camera and his movement makes him walk like he's constantly locked on (enemy's have lock on btw). I wanted to get him to fight the Taurus demon, but I couldn't walk through the fog wall after the main character :(. I could move to the dragon bridge after the taurus fight ended (the dpad controlled his tower jump on/jump off animations lol)

Anybody know how to noclip? How did that webm get the capra demon up there past the fog gate?

I wonder if there is away to get enemies to follow you (not try to walk back to the spawn), and to attack other enemies, or to just to change their designation to a summon character?

I think I'll try to do Havel vs the Hydra next. At least T-stancing your character doesn't lock them into position like with Kingdom Hearts 2 hacking, lol.

gngf123

I think you should disable it for now. A fix might come where it helps with that. I personally don't use it, I like being above the map, not falling through it D:.

A fix? So this is a common issue? I've not seen people talking about it.

It goes a lot deeper than the normal falling off ladders or not making jumps that I normally hear.

EDIT: Also, I checked a youtube video of DSfix for comparison. Seems to be very different to what I get.

Any idea what the best region for players is?

IIRC PvP is done a lot in Undeadberg, Undead Parish(mainly Twinkers so watch out), the Forest, and the area right after Artorias in the DLC. Also, lots on invasions towards The Four Kings.

A fix? So this is a common issue? I've not seen people talking about it.

It goes a lot deeper than the normal falling off ladders or not making jumps that I normally hear.

EDIT: Also, I checked a youtube video of DSfix for comparison. Seems to be very different to what I get.

I was experiencing bugs with it during and after the migration to Steam, so I took it off. It might be a problem caused due to the migration, did it happen before the migration?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

supa-hot-fire.gif

Does this mean we can play as Solaire and Praise the Sun indefinitely?

Only in the vicinity of the MC.

You have to summon NPC's first, or walk close enough to enemies to load them into the memory. If you walk too far away from the MC, or too far and out of sight, you become unloaded from the memory.

We need a full translation of the menu/guide!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Finally! Someone send From a guide in Japanese on how to disable the Regionlock! Seriously, if they need time to fix it the Japanese documentation for Steam must be truly awful. The Red Faction devs fixed it immediately when they were made aware afaik.

Murkrow

Banned
Some should take over Artorias or Ornstein and move to the other one and fight. I am still trying to figure out the commands. I am going to make a list, since I don't find any tutorial for the debug mode.

dark_souls__artorias_vs_ornstein_by_menaslg-d6v2lji.png

Got Xinput Wrapper working with DSfix. Couldn't get 60 fps running. It would crash every time I after the intro or as I load my character.

same setup and 60 works fine (hell fraps is also on mine to indicate the jump :p)

are you using dsfix 2.3? since it fixed the fps unlock for the steam version (with the help of a kind hearted soul who gave durante the goods he needed).

I am still trying to figure out the commands. I am going to make a list, since I don't find any tutorial for the debug mode.

That would be fantastic. I just got a chance to play with it for a few minutes. Nothing like the bosses that have been posted earlier, but controlling the enemies is pretty neat. Funny to attack yourself.

komorebi

Nice indeed. 50,000 people used to play here...now its a ghost town. I didn't see any signs of life earlier: no signs, no hints, nothing. Nearly threw my controller in a fit of rage thanks to NG+ Gravelord Nito. I forgot how cheap some of these bosses are and how brutal they hit in NG+. Many of them are very difficult to solo and require bros, no way around it.

EDIT: cheesed the bastard with a Ring of Fog and a bow. YOU DEFEATED.

This debug menu is brutal. At least 40% of all the functions in the menu is code gibberish or in Japanese.

Under the Chr Basic Info section for a character:

CHR_TYPE basically governs what model to use: High Detail Model, Low Detail White/Gold phantom, LD Red phantom, online ghost, LD Model, LD Dragon, nearly invisible model, plus a bunch of extra/repeating stuff.

TEAM_TYPE governs who damages who. 0-2 is on a team, 6 is a typical enemy, 7 is boss, loads of other numbers do things I haven't figured out.

I can't figure out how to change NPC enemy characters to friends, and vice versa because some stuff is tied to other game functions. For example, if you change Solaire's team type to something that the Player character is not set to, he won't attack you, but he can damage you. Meanwhile, generic enemies will auto attack you if set to them to the opposite team.

Guess what? You can't climb ladders while controlling an enemy or friendly NPC, no command pops up. But if you let them do their own thing, they climb ladders just fine.

Im_Special

So does the backup function of DSfix not work? Doesn't work on my end.
###############################################################################
# Save Game Backup Options
###############################################################################

# enables save game backups
# 0 = no backups
# 1 = backups enabled
# backups are stored in the save folder, as "[timestamp]_[original name].bak"
enableBackups 1

# backup interval in seconds (1500 = 25 minutes)
# (minimum setting 600)
backupInterval 1500

# maximum amount of backups, older ones will be deleted
maxBackups 5

After 3-4 hours of play today there was not a single backup made.

Leb

Can anyone using DSMfix (the mouse fix) tell me what broke with this update? I was lazy and hardcoded the memory addresses, so I'm sure all that stuff is broken, but is other functionality (namely the directinput -> xinput fakery) broken as well?

Trying to migrate my save to steam but the game crashes instantly as I load it. Ran it in compatibility mode, as administrator, verified game cache integrity. What else can I do?

Top Bottom