• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls GFWL to Steamworks Migration is now live.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So I loaded this up, and it unlocked a ton of steam achievements, but it still logged into GFWL. Will it always still log in to gfwl even though it's fully steam works now?

I restarted the game and it logged into gfwl again...

Parsnip

So I loaded this up, and it unlocked a ton of steam achievements, but it still logged into GFWL. Will it always still log in to gfwl even though it's fully steam works now?

I restarted the game and it logged into gfwl again...

Opt-in to the beta 2.0 branch to get rid of G4WL.

I've loaded this up for the first time since before Steamworks support was added but it keeps crashing when I load it. It loads a white screen in a window and then says that Dark Souls has stopped working. Does anyone have any advice?

--R

Banned
I've loaded this up for the first time since before Steamworks support was added but it keeps crashing when I load it. It loads a white screen in a window and then says that Dark Souls has stopped working. Does anyone have any advice?

Do you have DSFix installed?

Seanspeed

Banned
I literally just went through this this morning.

Your DSFix is probably outdated. Delete it and get the newest version. Or better yet, delete it, then do the process to update to get rid of GFWL, *then* download the latest DSFix. Just ensures there's no compatibility issue that can pop up.

I got rid of DSFix and it loaded up so I checked that my save was there. It was and so I closed the game and then set it to the Steamworks version. When I load it now, my saves aren't there and it doesn't recognise my 360 controller.

It seems that someone else had the same problem with saves on the last page. Has anyone managed to resolve the problem?

EDIT: I switched off the beta and let it update itself again. I signed into GFWL and this time it unlocked the achievements in Steam. My save was still there. I closed the game, reapplied the beta and this time my save was in the Steam version.

Now I just need to get my controller working again. It has no problem on Dolphin so it isn't the controller itself.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I have the same problem, but difference is, I did the Steamworks update a while ago with the new DSfix of the time (2.3) and it worked fine but suddenly stopped working recently.

Just now I just overrode it with 2.3.1 and still the same thing. :(

Im_Special

Small 5.5MB patch today, Region Locking is gone, PVP is crazy right now, like i don't go 30 seconds without an invade.

DSfix will need to be updated for the frame rate unlock though.

zma1013

Small 5.5MB patch today, Region Locking is gone, PVP is crazy right now, like i don't go 30 seconds without an invade.

DSfix will need to be updated for the frame rate unlock though.

That's awesome. I was playing it late last night to early this morning and it was a ghost town. Nobody to be seen anywhere.

It's probably better to just wait for an official fix from Durante.

Technically Durante never fixed the FPS unlock. It was always someone else. Last time it was a̶ ̶r̶o̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶F̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶S̶o̶f̶t̶w̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶m̶p̶l̶o̶y̶e̶e̶ some japanese guy.
Durante might aswell implement that new fix from the Steam community.

Parsnip

Technically Durante never fixed the FPS unlock. It was always someone else. Last time it was a̶ ̶r̶o̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶F̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶S̶o̶f̶t̶w̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶m̶p̶l̶o̶y̶e̶e̶ some japanese guy.
Durante might aswell implement that new fix from the Steam community.

I think the point is rather that some might be more comfortable downloading a dsfix update from Durante than from some random unknown guy on steam community.

jblank83

I'm glad I used the DSFix savegame backup feature.

I didn't have to deal with any of this GFWL nonsense. I just copy and pasted my savegame from the backup folder to the save folder.

Durante

I think the point is rather that some might be more comfortable downloading a dsfix update from Durante than from some random unknown guy on steam community.
People are free to run binaries from who knows where, but they should be aware that replacing that .dll is equivalent to starting a .exe in terms of what it can do. So you should trust the source as much as if you were running an arbitrary binary program (because that's what you are doing).

I'm not saying anything bad will happen - that seems unlikely - just don't come to me crying on the off chance it does ;)

So I have it running with dsfix and framerate unlocked. No idea how I got it working but I did. Thank god because it was running at sub 30 fps for some reason and now it's 60 constant with occasional dips. Are people still playing at a locked 30? I messed with it for a full day trying everything I could think of and now it seems to be running great. Wish I knew what I did to fix it....

Tevious

Edit: Nevermind, got it to work now.

Damn, I was on vacation at the time and totally missed this news last month. I'm trying to transfer my saves, but GFWL won't let me sign in. :( It just says:

The profile could not be signed into LIVE. There may be a network problem or the Windows LIVE ID service may be unavailable.

I checked the xbox.com site, since usually when I can't sign in, it's because of some bullshit user agreement that I need to agree to on their site first, but nothing... Did they shut down the servers already? OP says Feb. 16th.

It works now with the latest dsfix from durante, but anyone else has problems with borderless fullscreen? It just freezes the image on "Press the start button" and I can hear the selection sound on the background.

Does anybody know if your characters/profiles/avatars is stored in the steam cloud?

Reason I am asking is that GFWL did this, and I mistakenly thought DkS2 did this; which uses steamworks (lost all my characters:( ).

This same thing happened to me lol. I figured my character was stored online like DS1. Got a new PC only to find out this isn't the case.

Shy

as this is probably the last DSFIX, i just wanted to thank you durante for all the work you put in to make this version darks souls as good as it is.

THANK YOU GOOD SIR.

hiryu

I booted this up to do the transfer and I keep getting error messages when logging in to games for windows about an incorrect password. I can login to the live website with my account. I've tried changing my password and still no go. Anyone know how to fix this?

If this helps anyone, I never bothered updating DSfix and am still running 2.2. It continues to work with this latest patch. Don't know about 60 fps, though, as I don't have it enabled.

Grief.exe

I booted this up to do the transfer and I keep getting error messages when logging in to games for windows about an incorrect password. I can login to the live website with my account. I've tried changing my password and still no go. Anyone know how to fix this?

Try turning off two-step verification in the security preferences of your xbox account.

I have not seen a single sign or invasion since the new patch. damn it

You always have to play for 10-20 minutes before you are available for matchmaking.

Top Bottom