• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLeack

Banned
Wait, how did you get the PC port already JLeack?

Review copy.

If this ugly ass game won't run smoothly at high settings on my 460 after so many better looking games this past generation did, I'm going to be pretty annoyed, especially after all this talk of "even a modest system can run it wonderfully."

So far I think the game looks great on PC. Also, my GPU has been underworking while running the game. If anything I think it's CPU bound.

Yeah I use x360ce for like everything, it just solves headaches. Glad it works on DS4 and DarS2.

Just make sure to use an older x_input if your right analog stick is causing the right trigger to be pressed (happens on my pro ex).

-MD-

It's 100% a no go.

Just to tease you guys a bit, the game looks outstanding in the area where you spawn. Get hyped.

Wait wait wait... you can't use a Dualshock 4?

I actually might cancel my preorder if that's true.

Wait wait wait... you can't use a Dualshock 4?

I actually might cancel my preorder if that's true.

They updated their post.

UPDATE: I bear great news! DS4Tool wasn't working for me, so I did some Googling and found a guide which was made for Dark Souls. I figured I'd try it for Dark Souls 2, and to my great surprise it worked!

In other words, I'm confirming that you can in-fact use your DualShock 4 to play Dark Souls 2 on PC!

Instead of using DS4Tool, download X360CE and place it in your Dark Souls 2 Game folder (for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dark Souls II\Game). The guide is below.

http://en.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/1pluy3/how_to_use_a_dualshock_4_with_dark_souls/

God speed compatriots.

No word on remapping controller stuff, but I can already think of single workaround: Use Xpadder or something like that to bind L3/left stick click to the keyboard command for toggle sprint. It would work if you use classic jumping controls and the game accepts keyboard and controller inputs at the same time.

Ooh, I forgot about toggle sprint! What a pleasant surprise it is! I'm using Better DS3, which has support for all kinds of profiles, and in conjunction with GlovePIE I can do pretty much anything I can think of. I'll definitely give the mouse and keyboard controls themselves a shot, since it's said they're quite serviceable this time. The main thing I'm worried about is switching between lock on targets, I imagine it'll be awkward. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I really hope it'll work!

antitrop

UPDATE: I bear great news! DS4Tool wasn't working for me, so I did some Googling and found a guide which was made for Dark Souls. I figured I'd try it for Dark Souls 2, and to my great surprise it worked!

In other words, I'm confirming that you can in-fact use your DualShock 4 to play Dark Souls 2 on PC!

Instead of using DS4Tool, download X360CE and place it in your Dark Souls 2 Game folder (for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dark Souls II\Game). The guide is below.

http://en.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/1pluy3/how_to_use_a_dualshock_4_with_dark_souls/

God speed compatriots.
Pre-order reinstated.

As one of the original gripers about how bad the PS3 disc version looked/ran, I must say the PC version looks a lot more consistent so far. One of the biggest problems with the console versions is how the textures can range from decent to Bryce 5 in the same area; the PC textures at least bring everything up to the point where things look like they're meant to be there.

Seems like my GTX 480 will be more than enough to handle Dark Sous II at max settings. Next week can't come soon enough. It will be quite the reward after a week of midterms.

As one of the original gripers about how bad the PS3 disc version looked/ran, I must say the PC version looks a lot more consistent so far. One of the biggest problems with the console versions is how the textures can range from decent to Bryce 5 in the same area; the PC textures at least bring everything up to the point where things look like they're meant to be there.

There are a few screen caps from
Forest of Giants
that are downright wretched, but I have also seen several areas that looked poor on consoles get a decent face lift too, so I would agree that on the whole it looks more consistent.

Grief.exe

Just got a $50 steam card from EBgames... I was gonna wait for a sale but I dunno if I can hold out. My 460GTX is a bit hurting but.... arggggggh I wanna give this game a legit shot without being annoyed by poor frame rates and ugly graphics.

I very highly doubt a 460 will have problems with this game. All previews have been pointing to a very optimized port.

To be honest, I actually believe From when they said that this was PC lead platform.

Steam says the recommended graphics you need is a GTX 750 or higher. How will a 400 series card run DS2 at max settings without any slowdown? I only have a 560Ti and am sweating I won't get this.

Please tell me I'm just ignorant about video cards.

justjim89

Man, I can't wait to be one the guys that gets 60 fps maxed out on everything. I play on a laptop so I've been trying to determine if this game will even run decent on my computer.

I got about 25 FPS steady on DS1 with DSfix, so if this is better optimized hopefully I'll be able to play smoothly on low settings.

antitrop

Consider me part of the side that doesn't think a GTX 480 will be able to get 1080p/60fps/Maxed settings with this game, even with AA off.

Would love to be wrong, of course. I just can't see it happening.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Consider me part of the side that doesn't think a GTX 480 will be able to get 1080p/60fps/Maxed settings with this game, even with AA off.

Would love to be wrong, of course. I just can't see it happening.

Don't do this. I have a 570. There's playin in the same ballpark.

sirap

Can my SLI Titans play this? Legit question really, hope SLI scaling works properly cause i'm gonna play this at 4k...

Eusis

I will gladly Google Hangouts with you and share my screen as I try to get it to work. Trust me. I tested that my DS4 was working in Hotline Miami then went over to Dark Souls 2 and NOTHING.
Try rebooting too and plugging the controller in afterwards, and making sure you have the latest wrapper?

Though I had issues with FFXIV, but that can actually be remedied with a custom config thing someone made.

so1337

$38 is the lowest price and that's how it's been for over a month on Nuuvem.

It is a reliable site, I've bought at least 11 games and haven't had any problems at all; you just have to create an account. The pre-order also includes all the bonuses featured in every other site: Digital Art-book, Digital OST, a Comic and those 10 weapons.

The only region locked country is Japan. Keep that in mind.
What actually determines region though? Credit Card information? IP adress? I'm from Europe but I'm IN Japan right now. I'm assuming I should still be able to buy and play this, right?

Persona7

Banned
To invade someone in NG?

49bDRvZ.gif

You aren't not gonna see that dude until NG+, stop lying to yourselves Bloodbros.

the best part is new games are going to need humanity to summon help for bosses

i will be waiting

Well, considering its capped at 60fps, my 670 better prepare its butt for 4K in this game. Unless there's a way to unlock the framerate, that is.

Carcetti

God speed compatriots.

DS4tools is wonky with souls games, it only works if you press the 'start' button in the server while you've turned on 'hide ps4 controller' and have only 1 controller showing in the listings. Then it's a-ok.

Dr Dogg

I'm expecting prank phone calls from future Rhaknar now due to freeing yourself too long. I'm just going to pace up and down out side by my letterbox muttering to myself "c'mon, C'MON!".

Can my SLI Titans play this? Legit question really, hope SLI scaling works properly cause i'm gonna play this at 4k...

Yeah I'm curious to know if Nvidia are going to have an SLI profile ready for launch. Checking Inspector and there's only a few flags in the profile and nothing for SLI at the moment. Fingers crossed someone finds some compatibility bits if not. Did anyone ever find any compatibility bits that worked with Dark Souls in the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom