• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Just chiming in to say I hate all of you who get to play this before us NA plebs.

I really, really hate you.

Soooooo jealous :'(

This is such a beautiful OT,

Will hang around to read some impressions but won't be joining in till western release.

Enjoy the darkness' embrace,
back to Salt & Sanctuary with me.. ;_;7

Great OP man, fantastic work and I'm happy you get to enjoy this. I will not however enter this thread again until it releases in the rest of the world because I got hit with some big spoilers for Bloodborne reading stuff early and really don't want to go through that again lol.

See you in April.

Nice!!! I'm here for spoiler free impressions...Haha. Will scan this thread with my built-in content filter. (Hopefully this works :D )

Floody

What? They are going to use dedicated servers? Seems kinda overkill when most encounters will be a few people. Hopefully they work fine and the PvP is lag death free.

Great OT too.

Content filter? Explain?

I'm trying to blur my sight immediately and quickly scroll down whenever something spoilerrific hits the screen! This should be the pinnacle of self control.

I'm so weak when it comes to spoilers. Yesterday I even clicked on that achievement list and peeked at a few bosses.... My spoiler filter still needs some work, it seems.

First time I've decided to import a game from Japan, I did it through amazon but even then the estimated delivery time is sometime next week. Too slow! :(

Majin Boo

Srsly with this thread, the subreddit, the wiki, google translate and stuff like this there is pretty much no reason left to not get the japanese version.

Hypron

Srsly with this thread, the subreddit, the wiki, google translate and stuff like this there is pretty much no reason left to not get the japanese version.

Holy shit that website is amazing. Hopefully people update it quickly after release (but I have no doubt it will, the community is usually very good about this).

can't wait i'm so excited and thats just to watch the streams! the game is still weeks away for myself and others not importing =(

Banzai

Can you even play online if you buy from the japanese Store? Or are you all seriously getting Japanese psplus on top? That'd be crazy.

Sanctuary

Nevermind. Stat wise, the Assassin looks like the better choice for an early to mid mix of magic and melee, but they replaced the good offensive spells, and especially the weapon that it once started with. Looks like the Sorcerer will actually be a good starting class for someone primarily focusing on magic this time, unlike in the last game. Although it still depends on how early you can actually find or buy Soul Arrow.

Sakura

Can you even play online if you buy from the japanese Store? Or are you all seriously getting Japanese psplus on top? That'd be crazy.

I believe as long as you have one account with PS+ on the console, other accounts can play online too.

Why oh why didn't I ever decide to take Japanese when I was in school instead of German and Russian (which I've all but forgotten) I was 2 seconds away from getting an import but I know much of what I like out of games would be lost in translation and I'd have a hard time with items.

I did get this for sub $30 on PC so I guess I can't complain too much. Will be watching this thread because I honestly don't care too much about spoilers these days. I just want to see this game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Release date is March 24th in Japan...
This. Best you can hope for (unless you get a copy from a store which broke the street date) is playing at midnight on the release day.
I believe as long as you have one account with PS+ on the console, other accounts can play online too.
Iirc you need PS+ of any region on your console, with the console being set as primary for that account to be able to use MP on all accounts present on the console.

I have my copy preordered at my local store and I'm going to double check if I can get it at midnight. If not, I'll probably get a digital copy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Great OT, cringey title. Let the 2 weeks ultra blackout commence.
Would you have prefered the shit title that everyone suggested: A Hidetaka Miyazaki game

?

Top Bottom