• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
soft caps and useless stats, go!

(way too early for that I know lol)

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Yes english voices.

Thanks. I'm probably in for the JP version then.

For those who want to play the game early in Xbox One in English or whatever your region language is:

You should probably add a warning to this post. While this normally works on Xbox, remember that the game is published in Japan by from software but is published by bandai outside of Japan. It's entirely possible that the Japanese version may be an entirely different item on the Xbox store, unlike 99% of other games. Either way, we can't guarantee what the language support is until the game unlocks tomorrow night.

So I might just import this instead of waiting until forever on my PS4. Any version that has full english in it? Also, is there some way to get it digitally from Japan on my EU PS4?

No full English version until the worldwide release. You can download the game from the Japanese store and play it on a system/account from another region. Just google "how to buy from Japanese psn".

usp84

Oh no there is an OT already?! These three weeks are gonna be loooooong.

Anyway great OT and i hope you lucky ones have a great time with the game!

You should probably add a warning to this post. While this normally works on Xbox, remember that the game is published in Japan by from software but is published by bandai outside of Japan. It's entirely possible that the Japanese version may be an entirely different item on the Xbox store, unlike 99% of other games. Either way, we can't guarantee what the language support is until the game unlocks tomorrow night.

Yeah, but if anyone pre-ordered, please report it works or not when it unlocked in Japan, thanks!

ldcommando

Banned
so are streamers getting the steam version this early? Saw a lirik tweet with the download screen. When will they be able to play? Is there some sort of embargo?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
"ドラクエ ビルダーズ..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by 株式会社フロム・ソフトウェア.

F stream.

so are streamers getting the steam version this early? Saw a lirik tweet with the download screen. When will they be able to play? Is there some sort of embargo?

Wednesday I believe. I saw someone mention they can only upload 1/3 on youtube however are able to stream the entire game.

ldcommando

Banned

putarorex

It was interesting to see the new area and monsters in the stream. I've always hated that type of area though in the souls games. Still, it looks pretty good. I'm tempted to buy the digital version so I can play it first thing when I wake up on Thursday rather than wait until 10 a.m. for Wonder Goo to open.

Damn, I'd never be able to play like that guy streaming, just running through new areas, not giving two shits about enemies or whatever can be hidden. Im not OCD or anything but I like to kill most of the monsters so that I have time to breath for exploring.

Sanctuary

Just wondering about Pyro, is it gonna need Int and Faith?

No clue, but considering everything else, probably not. It should just be a matter of leveling up the pyromancy flame as well as putting points into ATT for more mana.
Also, DEX is supposed to work like it did in Dark Souls, and slightly have an effect on casting times, so that's another stat to worry about.

Do I dip in and download the game from PSN JP? I do not speak a single word japanese...

Help me, GAF! There's a long weekend ahead of me.

Mendrox

Do I dip in and download the game from PSN JP? I do not speak a single word japanese...

Help me, GAF! There's a long weekend ahead of me.

Yes do it, because every other famous streamer will be able to stream the full english version and you should use that long weekend to not get spoilered by other assholes.

Ferr986

I have no problem to say I'm a lil salty about this lol

One thing is delaying the game in the West because their bullshit fiscal year stuff, but giving the game to streamers so they can rub it to us dirty peasants... It feels like an assholish move by Bamco just so they generate more hype.

Mendrox

One thing is delaying the game in the West because their bullshit fiscal year stuff, but giving the game to streamers so they can rub it to us dirty peasants... It feels like an assholish move by Bamco just so they generate more hype.

Yeah really fucking annoys me too. I don't mind streamers getting copies of games earlier, but allowing them to play through the whole game in a language release that will release a few weeks after that? Bullshit.

Well apparently there's a difference between people and people according to From/Bamco. It's such a shitty move to keep paying customers from getting the game when streamers get it both for free and three weeks early.

silva1991

If you're visiting this |OT|, chances are that you've bought the Japanese version of the game. This version is fully in Japanese, which might come as a problem for most importers

with the exception of voice acting right? right?

I'm with you, it's ok if reviewers get it early so that they don't rush through the game, but streamers? a guy no different than you and me getting a copy 3 week earlier just because he has some followers?

convo

I don't know, why did From shut down the guy streaming an hour ago?

Names? I posted the URL above.

It's more than likley that namco is doing the heavy lifting on the policy enforcement since they hand out the copies to streamers.

Mifec

Disgusting. Thank you for the information.

Also disgusting.

You're using their platform to stream you gotta play by their rules, I see nothing wrong with it. They have to answer to devs so they can't let anyone do whatever they want sadly.

d00d3n

So the stat system is identical to Dark Souls 2, except that adaptability is replaced with luck?

What is the word on soul memory. Is it in? If not, what is the system to prevent early game invasion griefing?

Top Bottom