• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Import OT] Kindle the fire, one last time

masterkajo

Is dark magic in? From the op I kind of got the impressions that pyro is the new dark... but the faith stat seems to grant dark resist so I don't know.

How does pyro work then?

Deciding if I should go dex katana pyro (as I did in all my first playthroughs) or strength miracle (was always my second playthrough).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
キャラクターのレベル帯および武器強化レベルによるマッチングとなります。前作DARK SOULS Ⅱの総獲得ソウル量でのマッチングではありません。
Matchmaking is based on character's level range and weapon reinforcement level. It's not the Soul Memory matchmaking used in Dark Souls 2.

:^)

mellow

Is dark magic in? From the op I kind of got the impressions that pyro is the new dark... but the faith stat seems to grant dark resist so I don't know.

How does pyro work then?

Deciding if I should go dex katana pyro (as I did in all my first playthroughs) or strength miracle (was always my second playthrough).

i've seen dark magic spells

d00d3n

キャラクターのレベル帯および武器強化レベルによるマッチングとなります。前作DARK SOULS Ⅱの総獲得ソウル量でのマッチングではありません。
Matchmaking is based on character's level range and weapon reinforcement level. It's not the Soul Memory matchmaking used in Dark Souls 2.
:^)

That seems like the perfect system. I wonder if unique powerful weapons will have higher baseline reinforcement levels? If not, maybe they will go for a bloodborne system with parity in power between different weapons, including ones you find later in the game (but all have strengths/weaknesses in move set, equip load and so on)?

DPB

How does pyro work then?

Apparently, pyromancy is like DS2 where it scales from your combined intelligence and faith, but upgrading the glove still gave you much more damage than levelling either. Hopefully it's the same in DS3, otherwise it's going to need a huge investment in stats to make a decent character.

I'm also hoping that dexterity only has a very small impact on casting speed, or it only takes effect at very high levels like DS1. I want to make a strength-based pyromancer and not be penalised for choosing that over dexterity.

correojon

Hope the weapon reinforcement level only applies to duels/pvp and not coop

It should only work for PVP, but if you summoned someone with a high weapon reinforcement level then the door should open for everyone up to that level. This way, if you summon a powerful friend you risk getting invaded by stronger players and it also serves as a way to stop low level ganking. Hope FROM took this into account.

aravuus

It should only work for PVP, but if you summoned someone with a high weapon reinforcement level then the door should open for everyone up to that level. This way, if you summon a powerful friend you risk getting invaded by stronger players and it also serves as a way to stop low level ganking. Hope FROM took this into account.

Yeah, this would probably be the best way to approach it. Keep coop restrictions as small as possible, but summon someone strong and you risk getting invaded by someone strong too.

But still, even if that wasn't the case, seeing how the level ranges are usually pretty flexible when it comes to coop, I'm sure the same applies to weapon reinforcement levels. I'm just glad to see SM gone.

Pegasos123

how is the area variety so far? Are the areas as diverse as in DK1/2 or is it like bloodborne where the areas looked mostly very familiar?

Please tell me that slowdown is the stream and not the game? oh my gosh everyones talking abnout it in a twitch stream. FPS is ruffff on ps4

I seem to remember bloodborne doing this very rarely...But this is bad

Espada

man watching this stream it seems like the fps takes a huge dive sometimes... almost slow motion

Yup, it's shocking in both how frequent and how severe it is. By comparison Bloodborne rarely got this bad. Here's to hoping for a massive Day 1 patch to fix this.

tcrunch

zdQPD55.jpg

ZX0uwxK.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA5oy41mpsY
+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT5L8j-brgI
+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGe4RtPmWw
+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEG6RMpiAd0 ???
+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY31htuPtb0 ?!?!?!?!?
+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QleV-ZStNEM

convo

Yup, it's shocking in both how frequent and how severe it is. By comparison Bloodborne rarely got this bad. Here's to hoping for a massive Day 1 patch to fix this.

Like i said BB was exclusive to one platform, optimization is easier that way. Maybe this will compel you guys to wait three weeks so japanese beta testers can improve the game for you :p

Amadeusz

Neo Member
Found in the DS3 subreddit:
ネットワークテストと同様に、闇霊は協力霊がいるホストにしか侵入できないのですか?
いいえ。薪の王化したホストが干からびた指を使用するなどの一定条件により、協力霊のいないホストの世界に侵入できます。ただし、闇霊が数的有利になることはありません。
Can dark spirits only invade the world of host with white phantoms like in the Network Test?
No. Under certain conditions such as host in the Lord of Cinder using Dried Fingers, it is possible to invade the world where no white phantoms present. However, dark spirit will never have an advantage in number.

So they get rid of the worst PVP-related DS2 feature (Soul Memory) but implement something that can be considered even worse, 100% chance to encounter a gank squad?

DS1 system was perfect, you want to summon - you go human, but then you are vulnerable to invasions. And what's the point of the Blue covenant, if the person being invaded will be in 2:1 advantage to begin with?

Disappointed :(

Like i said BB was exclusive to one platform, optimization is easier that way. Maybe this will compel you guys to wait three weeks so japanese beta testers can improve the game for you :p

BB did have slowdown as well. It seems to bea streaming issue, when loading in the next area. I guess because it is a big open world?

convo

BB did have slowdown as well. It seems to bea streaming issue, when loading in the next area. I guess because it is a big open world?

I currently have no idea how big the areas in this game are. We are just here to bid our time and take on anything that comes with a souls launch including unlimited bitching and moaning and simultaneously wanting to play the game.

Top Bottom