• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coda

First reaction when reaching
Irythril
sJ4N.gif

Yeah, I love the contrast in comparison coming from the Farron Keep.

phierce

(Boss spoilers)

Wow, W
olnir
was a bit of a joke really. Only used one Estus and had it down in probably just over a minute.

Is there any point in doing
Smouldering Lake
now? It seems ridiculously difficult and not a whole lot of fun.

I'd say yes. Good items to be had.

Ogawa-san

Re equipped a shield 20h into a shieldless run just for the bonus souls while farming. I forgot how nice it was to strafe around something without fearing a stray hit, now I might go back to shield after all.

Also I just realized Shield of Want souls bonus is 20%, not 10. 30% extra souls with the ring, but not a lot to spend on thanks to low caps.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
is stunningly beautiful, and the atmosphere is just remarkable. I'm loving all of the knights here, too. My favorite enemy type to fight.

After 20 hours, I'm level 40-something, and I've first try'd my last two boss fights (
Abyss Watchers
and
High Lord Wolnir
), so I'm feeling pretty good right now. In fact, the large
weasel creature at the beginning of the Boreal Valley
gave me more trouble than the two bosses prior to it. Incredible creature design for that one.

Guys, I've tried all the weapons, but I keep going back to the Broadsword+3. It's just so effective and it's served me so well since the beginning. I'm hoping to find an even better but comparable weapon soon.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Anyone else find
Anor Londo
really disappointing? It was neutered and not even the same layout as before.

Shifty

Had some great PvP at the area just past P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
today.

Though that said, screw you, guy who chugged all his estus and ran away for a solid minute when down to the last pixel of health. You know who you are.

Elixist

In fact, the large
gave me more trouble than the two bosses prior to it. Incredible creature design for that one.

i shat myself when i heard somethin turned around and got eaten. so dope looking and hits like a truck

I don't think it's been patched but yes it is viable. Not great early on but as soon as you've killed the first actual boss there are tons of sorcery goodies to loot without having to engage another boss.

Thanks. Can't decide which to do for my first play thru. I love sorcery but it was sort of easy mode for ds1

TheFlow

Banned
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
is stunningly beautiful, and the atmosphere is just remarkable. I'm loving all of the knights here, too. My favorite enemy type to fight.

After 20 hours, I'm level 40-something, and I've first try'd my last two boss fights (
Abyss Watchers
and
High Lord Wolnir
), so I'm feeling pretty good right now. In fact, the large

Guys, I've tried all the weapons, but I keep going back to the Broadsword+3. It's just so effective and it's served me so well since the beginning. I'm hoping to find an even better but comparable weapon soon.
Used the broadsword to beat 13 bosses so far. It does great damage

beef3483

So far really disliking the linear level design. Just got to the catacombs and it is, by far, the most linear of the Dark Souls. I'm hoping it opens up some from here on, but people's comments are not leaving me optimistic.

Looks like I'm good for the (Endings spoiler and question)
Usurping ending! You have to do some tricky stuff, but I'm excited to see how it plays out. Marrying Anri was weird since she was dead? I thought she was like the player character? Wouldn't she revive like us?

Sullichin

Really liking the
Black Knight Greataxe
in PVP! It's so good.

I've been summoning red phantoms in the last area for duels. I wonder what level most people are stopping for PVP. I'm 86 now but I'll probably level up a bit.

Ogawa-san

Anyone else find
Anor Londo
really disappointing? It was neutered and not even the same layout as before.
I haven't been
in the "original" in DS1
and I was disappointed.
I thought I had missed something, the place looks huge but it's just one hall and a boss.

krakov

Thanks. Can't decide which to do for my first play thru. I love sorcery but it was sort of easy mode for ds1

I wouldn't recommend it for a first playtrough, it's pretty challenging and it helps a lot to know where items are. The progression isn't as interesting as for a melee build either.

LowParry

Catacombs of Cath...whatever. /fucklife

I think I could call it and say "I died in Dark Souls 3" and never look back T-shirt.

Right now I'm rocking a Heavy Broadsword +4 with great success. However I also have a Dark Sword I've levelled up to +2 and I kinda like the moveset of the Drang Hammers. I only have one Heavy Gem - which is recommended to infuse, Dark or Drang?

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
Well that was kind of underwhelming, I just beat
soul of cinder
and I guess that was the last boss for me? I must have got a bad end or something.

Zeliard

It's too bad you can't hit AI enemies if you invade as a purple phantom. It would add some more fun and uncertainty to that covenant, especially in the AF zone.

I just invaded there intending to help a host and their phantom get through the mobs and repel invaders, then felt silly when my weapon just swung through air when I tried to hit an enemy. :p

Ostinatto

Divided this up since it may be more spoilers than you want:

Do you mean where is
Patches
?

He should be on the upper level of firelink, near the exit that goes to the tree with the seed of giants and the tower. If you forgive him he will become a vendor and he will sell the Onion gear to you (not give. You need all the armour but not the shield).

Quest line details:
I never paid too much attention to the quest line, but the order may matter. What I did 1) Get tricked by him in the Cathedral and he lowers the bridge. 2) Go to the well and talk to Onion Knight. 3) Buy the tower key for 20K from the handmaiden and go in the tower. 4) Go up to the top and get the FIrekeeper soul. 5) Come back down and Patches is there and has locked the door so you can't get out of the tower. 6) Exit via the bottom of the tower. 7) Go up to the top level of Firelink shrine, same level used to get to the door where you used the tower key to get to the Firekeeper soul. 8) Talk to Patches and forgive him. 9) Buy Onion gear. 10) Return to well and throw the gear in the well.

Do you mean where is the
Onion Knight?

No idea on that one, I have not seen him again yet.

You da man, thanks buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom