• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RRqqwx6.png

The story of Dark Souls III

As fires fade and the world falls into ruin, journey into a universe filled with more colossal enemies and environments. Players will be immersed into a world of epic atmosphere and darkness through faster gameplay and amplified combat intensity. Fans and newcomers alike will get lost in the game hallmark rewarding gameplay and immersive graphics.

Now only embers remain… Prepare yourself once more and Embrace The Darkness!
8VRSpb3.png

RdBtQb5.png

If you're visiting this |OT|, chances are that you've bought the Japanese version of the game. This version is fully in Japanese, which might come as a problem for most importers. For this reason, a subredit community called DarkSouls3JPN has been created and will greatly help you with the translation of the game. Other mediums of help should be available in this very thread, along with other various sites such as IGN and Gamespot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls3JPN/

Qn0PoSH.png

Stat Explanation

Cuajpcg.jpg
- This is the player's current Level. It will increase when leveling any stat.

9FV4i6p.jpg
- Strength controls the player's Attack for weapons that scale with Strength and adds fire resistance.

wUQUqoP.jpg
- Dexterity controls the player's Attack Power for weapons that scale with Dexterity, increases casting speed for most spells and reduces damage from falling.

ORwAI1o.jpg
- Vigor determines the amount of health or hit-points that your character has

5rf00Y3.png
- Intelligence is required to cast certain sorceries and pyromancies. On top of this, the stat also also increases your Magic Defense.

x63MQf5.jpg
- Attunement determines the number of attunement slots or amount of spells you can carry at the same time. It also determines your Focus Points (mana).

bgIx9xz.jpg
- Endurance controls the player's Stamina.

yUxOx4r.jpg
- Faith is required to cast miracles and pyromancies. Also boosts Dark Defense.

aunpPqt.jpg
- Vitality determines your character's equipment load and poison resistance. Also increases physical defense.

DBMXVeg.jpg
- Luck is back from Demon's Souls and it's better than ever; increasing the chance of getting rare (or greater) loot from the enemies. On top of that, it also increases your Bleed, Poison and Curse resistances.
VRUD1QS.png

YUawmuP.png

Movement and Camera Control
Left stick: Move character
Right stick: Move camera
R3 button: Lock on/camera reset

Touch pad button
(Left) Open Gesture Menu
(Right) Open Start Menu

Options button
Open Start Menu

Right-Hand Actions
R1 button Attack with right-hand weapon
R2 button Strong attack with right-hand

Left-hand Actions
L1 button: Guard (when shield equipped)
L2 button: Use battle skill
Use magic (when sorcerer's staff or talisman equipped)

WtIovoB.png

Using Battle Skills

The newest addition to Dark Souls III is the ability to use unique battle skills that significantly changes the dynamic of the combat. These are called battle skills which consume the mana of your character. To do the following technique, you need to:

⃝ Equip the weapon of choice in your right hand to dual-hand mode (△ or Y-button)
⃝ Whilst wielding a weapon with two hands, press the L2 or LT-button to activate the battle skill
Dedicated Servers

Just like Scholar of the First Sin, Dark Souls III will support up to six players in online multiplayer, but this time around there will be dedicated servers instead of peer-to-peer connections. For the end user that basically means that connections will be smoother and there should be fewer issues joining games (Prime Games).
Enraged Bosses

It comes of as no surprise when bosses in previous Souls games transition from one phase to another - gaining a wide variety of different move sets. In Dark Souls III, they want the unpredictability and shake-up in routine to every boss. Some bosses might even have multiple phases and some bosses will force the player to engage in different environments.

4HPh0z0.png

RCIwTZk.png

4R8GG4a.png

BaRDKzl.png

As2rGx9.png

to FromSoftware for creating one of the most thrilling gaming experiences
to Souls-GAF for further encouraging my enthusiasm towards this series
to my wonderful girlfriend, who has been supporting and helping me with this thread
to darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com for providing tons of valuable information
to primagames.com and polygon.com for some articles that gave me facts regarding some specific gameplay related things

0GRHPgl.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Demons Souls was 👌🏻
Dark Souls was eh
2 is boring and bloodborne is great

Do I get this one?
Fucking YES.

MicSte79

Neo Member
Can one of you lovely people explain to me how being hollow etc in this works?

My Knight has died several times yet as you can see from the above picture, he looks human.

Now I only ever played DSII and Bloodborne. How does it work being 'hollow' in Dark Souls III? How do I know if I am 'human' or 'hollow'?

How do I 'reverse hollowing' (in DSII I used to either fight a boss co-op with someone or use a human effigy').

Are the human effigies (or whatever they are called in DSIII) limited or can we farm them?

Apologies or the noob questions.

Yoshichan

Isn't DLC confirmed? I mean, season pass and all.
Confirmed, I will change some of the content in the OT!

Thanks guys.

I can't state how good this game is. Everytime I think of this game, or whenever I play it, I'm reminded how fucking close this game was to DeS.

Mutombo

"HEY MAN, do you have, er, Dark Souls III, per chance?"

"Yes, but we won't release it until the release date."

"But my brother bought it at a your chain in a different city."

"Well, we would need proof, a picture with a date in front of the entrance of the store."

"But more people have it, said they have it from your store."

"I'm sorry, but the release date is tuesday. We've heard nothing from BAMCO."

I go out, and reluctantly enjoy the sun.

Derpot

Would love to know what the rest of you think of this game! Enjoy guys, its a great Souls game.

I bought the game 2 days ago and...

Jeezus, I have the feeling that the world is really fuckin' huge, like waaaay bigger than Bloodborne's world. It's exciting and terrifying at the same time!

But anyway, I really really enjoy myself. It's like they put everything that is good in the series in one single game. This is so great.

Last boss I beat was
the priests in the Cathedral. They weren't hard at all, but I thought that was a cool boss, was a big surprise when I entered the room lol.

And the music, man, the MUSIC.

Yoshichan

This is a really douchy thread title. It's like "party's over, but go ahead and drink the leftovers."
No, this, however is:
Should have been LTTP - OT - Dark Souls 3.

Anyway, super excited for this Tuesday. :)
My title is ENCOURAGING people to come to the party because there was a pre-party before and all the guarda threw out all the scum out of the house and now people are ready to have fun WITHOUT the bullshit.

MicSte79

Neo Member
Can one of you lovely people explain to me how being hollow etc in this works?

My Knight has died several times yet as you can see from the above picture, he looks human.

Now I only ever played DSII and Bloodborne. How does it work being 'hollow' in Dark Souls III? How do I know if I am 'human' or 'hollow'?

How do I 'reverse hollowing' (in DSII I used to either fight a boss co-op with someone or use a human effigy').

Are the human effigies (or whatever they are called in DSIII) limited or can we farm them?

Apologies or the noob questions.

Just in case this has got lost - hope someone can help :)

Confirmed, I will change some of the content in the OT!

Thanks guys.

I can't state how good this game is. Everytime I think of this game, or whenever I play it, I'm reminded how fucking close this game was to DeS.

Nom nom, that title :O Nice! Classy OT, as expected, sir!

Oh, btw, it still says "import OT" on the top. :) Edit: I'm dumb, you said you're still refining it. Alright!

rdytoroll

I just hope that people that migrate over from the Import OT try to keep a strict spoiler policy especially the first few days

Anyway, subbed

nikos

Great OT!

I've only really played Bloodborne. It was a great experience, even though I never ended up finishing it.

Will I enjoy this if I enjoyed Bloodborne? I bought that due to GAF hype and will probably do the same here.

anybody got a crash course in 'things i wish i knew on my first playthru'? such as, i hear the HP stat is insanely valuable up to the mid 20's, the scaling is ridic compared to everything else. what are some (idgaf about spoilers) 'don't do this or you'll never be able to meet this npc/get this item/etc' tips?

Yoshichan

Nom nom, that title :O Nice! Classy OT, as expected, sir! Oh, btw, it still says "import OT" on the top. :)

Yoshi you still have "Import OT" in your banner.
Haha yeah, hence the "OT will be refined [...]" just before it :lol! I'm at a family members place and the requests of publishing the OT got to me so I couldn't do anything without my computer.

MicSte79

Neo Member
Great OT!

I've only really played Bloodborne. It was a great experience, even though I never ended up finishing it.

Will I enjoy this if I enjoyed Bloodborne? I bought that due to GAF hype, and will probably do the same here.

I loved Bloodborne and prefer this. You're in for a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom