• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I tested this at the Road of Sacrifices (Crabs) after killing
Crystal Sage
boss and it never took more than 30 seconds after popping the fingers until someone invaded.

The boss in Farron Keep is considered to be a part of Road of Sacrifices as well. When you kill both bosses in the area
Crystal Sage
and the one in Farron Keep, you will no longer be invaded, regardless of whether you have used dried fingers or not.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Meccs

Well that sucks. I'm kinda burned out in NG+ because:

1. I'm not getting summoned as a blue
2. no invasions even though boss is alive or just one every 10 hours or so
3. every time I invade there is a gank squad waiting at a bonfire
4. ...

Mafro

Are you always this negative in life? :) It will all work out
I've already completed it once and started another playthrough with a new character. Kinda need to play something else anyway since I've played close to 90 hours of this so far. Would have done NG+ but it doesn't have any of the extra black phantoms or enemies like DS2 did, and I'm getting bored of virtually all invasions being gank squads now.

Sanctuary

Apparently it does work on roll recovery frames, which is such an incredibly oddly specific thing, I have no idea if that's intentional. But it just seems so unlikely to me that From is so incompetent as to not have poise work as intended when some modder has managed to make it work. Maybe they just changed their minds about how it should work really late in development but didn't change the description or the values... idk. It's baffling. I just wish they'd say something about it.

Yet they thought it was fine to leave it on for all of the enemies that have high poise...

People sleep on lkgs I would imagine because it for whatever reason it scales with dex. I guess you could just infuse it, but you loose the little bit of extra dex scaling other heavy weapons have just to make up for it.

You are thinking of the Lothric Knight Sword, not Greatsword. The Greatsword is a quality weapon.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Lothric Knight+Greatsword

It backstabs and ripostes harder than Fume too at 40/40. Right now at +9 I am sitting at 600 AR. And like I said, it can also be buffed...

neoism

Wait until you get to about Lv120 and above! You'll start getting summoned into NG++ games and up, even if you're still on your first playthrough. One playthrough of the area starting from the Pontif Sulhvayn Bonfire, all the way to the next bonfire bagged me about 200,000 souls with about 4 invaders along the way.

lol guess thats why the boss dont seems easier... smh

Sanctuary

The new patch is out, did it fix anything? Is "magic" viable now?

I think people need to start saying "offensive miracles" or "Sorcery" if that's what they mean, because "magic" has been viable since launch. Pyromancy was, and still is extremely strong, and probably the most consistent offensive magic to use currently. I don't know if (ranged) Sorcery was changed much at all with the latest patch, but it only truly started becoming truly playable a little over halfway through the game initially.

Faith always had heals and buffs that worked, and they still work just fine. Offensive (non buff) miracles were so pointless as to not even count though, and I suspect poise not working at all aside from the weapon skill "stance" is another factor (or else Wrath would be pretty useful for PvE). Depsite ranged Sorcery being "hard mode", if you use Hidden Body + Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring + Aldrich's Sapphire (you get this relatively early), you can completely cheese everything besides bosses. It's the most ridiculously broken way to play the game.

Although for some strange reason, enemies can hear me when I am two-handing my weapon. If I am one-handing it, they can't. WTF?

So i got the sage ring but dont notice a difference in cast speed for my pyromancies. Is there somewhere in the stats screen that shows a number for cast time so i can see if its being effected or not?

KHlover

Banned
Wait until you get to about Lv120 and above! You'll start getting summoned into NG++ games and up, even if you're still on your first playthrough. One playthrough of the area starting from the Pontif Sulhvayn Bonfire, all the way to the next bonfire bagged me about 200,000 souls with about 4 invaders along the way.

Hmm so maybe getting 50k vs 100k is depending on if I get summoned into NG or NG+(+) fights against final baws?

Bossun

The more you play the game, the more you realize the game is unfair compared to previous souls. The poise is such bullshit, once an enemy start attacking they are almost all unstoppable, even when you hit them with a big ass weapon.

Couple that with the almost infinite stamina and how fast they are and you have a really bad decision, it makes heavy weapons so much harder to use than fast one and so much less efficient it's borderline a joke.

And these shitty scaling.....

Kyoufu

The more you play the game, the more you realize the game is unfair compared to previous souls. The poise is such bullshit, once an enemy start attacking they are almost all unstoppable, even when you hit them with a big ass weapon.

Couple that with the almost infinite stamina and how fast they are and you have a really bad decision, it makes heavy weapons so much harder to use than fast one and so much less efficient it's borderline a joke.

Heavy weapons benefit from hyper armor, which the better players use to their advantage against faster and lighter weapons.

Mogwai

Just deal with the mechanics?

DS3 is a lot less "unfair" than DS2. The gank squad bullshit factor in DS3 is much lower compared to the last game.

KHlover

Banned

The trick is hitting them with Straight Swords. Stunlock all day all night.

taybul

I've noticed this with ultra heavy weapons too. You get interrupted the second the enemy starts an attack and if you ever get cornered, forget about it.

Anyone else couldn't make out how to properly use the Storm Blade in that one fight? I fumbled around but it hit him for 45 damage, lol. Tried for 3 minutes then just said fuck it and never used the sword again.

I had to do the boss the normal way... it took me 20+ minutes, 6 Estus Flasks and 6 Ashen Estus Flasks to kill him. 7 Soul Arrows to the head, then critical strike with Great Club +6 when he falls down. Repeat the process 7 more times :|

Mutombo

The trick is hitting them with Straight Swords. Stunlock all day all night.

I've found that two handing vs single handing straight swords works quite well. Stance weapon arts also have a better chance to go through their attacks. After one successful head you can usually hit away most of their health. Then they roll away, heal, and the whole process has to start over again.

I'm level 110 at NG+. Don't know if I should stay this level, or if everyone already is a tad bit higher?

myco666

Heavy weapons benefit from hyper armor, which the better players use to their advantage against faster and lighter weapons.

Yes the hyper armor that any enemy can blowup with fast combo. Might be balanced for PVP but for PVE it is really useless.

Bossun

Just deal with the mechanics?

DS3 is a lot less "unfair" than DS2. The gank squad bullshit factor in DS3 is much lower compared to the last game.

It's not dealing about the mechanics, it's not even that hard as it is the easiest souls game, it's just that it's annoying, in NG+ you just want to do something different, and you realize that there is only a few viable gameplays as the rest is just making you fight unfair fights.

Hyper armor bullshit is not a game mechanics, it's just lazy design, especially when it even applies to mob getting up after a backstab, but when I swing a hammer on your back I expect the enemy to go back down, not just to take damage and get up like nothing ever happened...

big_z

im still rolling with the starting gear for the knight only thing I changed was the shield which is the dragons crest. seems to stun most enemies if they hit it and im one area past the dancer towards the end of the game.

sure enemies are more aggressive, more like bloodborne, but its really only in larger groups that it feels cheap. you just end up rolling around more.

Kyoufu

Farming these concords are just depressing. Why can't we have a blue eye orb?

Because the point of the covenant is to protect those being invaded, so they have to be invaded in the first place.

Sadly, that means waiting. Farm the knights while you wait :(

Wuuuut? What exactly is a "big ass weapon" for you? Anything labelled as greatsword and bigger staggers almost every enemy and makes this game a cakewalk to be honest. I just returned to my first char with yhorms great machete and its just ridiculous how easy it is to get through the areas...

MUnited83

For you.
They really should rework the covenants, like, hard. Darkmoon Covenant should be able to protect people invaded by Aldrich Faithful for example, not just red invaders. And Watchdogs of Farron should get the covenant item for every phantom they kill in another's person world, not just the host.

Wait, what? At work, can't watch vid.

oh god what is happening with poise I'm even more confused now

This is so stupid, it HAS to be a mistake... right?

From pls

bring back B-Team

This is exactly the reason:

I would assume it's because you have a shorter, but ultimately /faster/ roll but with the same iframes. The longer your roll gets the more of a chance you have to getc knocked out of it.

Basically the same iframes but you will get less chance of stagger with closer to 70% equip load.

Unai

Is it possible to postpone the quest about
your true power
until later when you are high level? I'm thinking about doing that in my new character.

Kyne

if I'm running a Str/Dex build, is a refined gem the best option for a
Dark Sword?
Is there a better option?

In DS1 & 2 there were fall offs with player stats that made it a bad idea to keep leveling up.

Any idea what these are in DS3?

An example of this would be leveling Endurance to a point where you get very little if anything back from doing it.

Sarcasm

In DS1 & 2 there were fall offs with player stats that made it a bad idea to keep leveling up.

An example of this would be leveling Endurance to a point where you get very little if anything back from doing it.

Indeed still exist. Can't give you exact by I think it is roughly the same.

Seyavesh

The new patch is out, did it fix anything? Is "magic" viable now?
supposedly all that happened was that they nerfed more spells
which is literally worse than nothing happening

Because the point of the covenant is to protect those being invaded, so they have to be invaded in the first place.
it is criminal they took out the blue eye orb/darkmoon invasions
because it also means they took out
edDi6Sa.jpg

which was the best part of bluecopping

from what i understand it's 40 points breakpoiint for everything but spells/spell buff which has a 60 point limit, drawn from either int, fth or int+fth

LiK

If you guys want to Darkmoon it, go do it at Archives. I was invading there and Darkmoon guys were constantly being summoned. This was before the patch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom