• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva1991

You get to avoid the
hands that cause curse and damage you.

Yes +Rings do count towards the trophy which means you have to do at least three play-throughs.

You get the shackles by being summoned as a Mad Spirit (Mound Maker Covenant applied with either white or red sign), you need to defeat phantoms or the host to get them.

Yup all + rings. This means you have to beat every boss except
Old Demon King, Two Princes and LoC
on NG++.

Mound maker items are from either invading or getting summoned as a mound-maker. Can be easily boosted with a friend and can be farmed with abysmal droprate in Catacombs.

are you kidding? all frigging versions? awesome.

it really is gonna be the one and my only Souls game with no platinum heh.

myco666

are you kidding? all frigging versions? awesome.

it really is gonna be the one and my only Souls game with no platinum heh.

It honestly isn't that bad. There is like 20 rings you need to get from NG+ and 16 from NG++. If you ever plan to play through NG+ and NG++ just pick them up as you go.

im getting so sick of invading because of baiting tactics.

ill be ready to fight and the bozo will try to get me to follow him further into the level with harder enemies around, and of course those enemies dont touch him.

fight like a man!

KHlover

Banned

ill be ready to fight and the bozo will try to get me to follow him further into the level with harder enemies around, and of course those enemies dont touch him.

fight like a man!

Wait until he surrounded himself with enemies and pop a Giant Tree Seed

Korosenai

I wish these damn covenants would work so I could actually play them and have fun as they were intended instead of farming the items for hours and hours and hours on end.

Sande

I'm trying to make an Oberyn Martell character and I think I'm getting close to obtaining the special Poison Spear.

My friend has been saying poison is a lot worse in this game, but I don't have past knowledge about it. Mainly, PvP-wise.

Is poison weak? Should I go for a poison spear as a dex character? I've been using a fire rapier and I'm about 12 hours in and it's been destroying mostly everything, but I really want to get spears going - they've just seemed harder and more endurance costing compared to this rapier; also, halberds seem to just be better with the horizontal attacks as well as thrust.
Most spears are unfortunately a far cry from Oberyn's fighting style. Partizan is the only one I can think of that's in the ballpark. No clue how viable poison is in this game. Usually it's been pretty much a gimmick to cheese some tankier enemies. Bosses are usually immune to it and mobs die too fast for it to count. Infusion are easy to undo and change though so can't hurt to try.

Jafku

I had to do all of the farming through Silver Knights, three play-throughs with the Darkmoon/Blue Sentinels Covenant equipped and nothing. Took absolutely ages in order to get the Proofs and the max Covenant rank.

It's not fun, let me tell you.

By the way, if anybody wants any help to the platinum, I will gladly throw my name out there to help. I can drop rings (all of them, if you want), help on any boss, help with Mound Makers (summon and then jump off the edge) and anything else.

SDR always a true bro

GulAtiCa

fight like a man!

It's a normal tactic if you have summons with you. Though, from the way you talk, I would guess you prob don't.

Though, to be fair, they are invading you. They are suppose to kill you/upset you/ruin your progress as much as they can. If you don't like it, just stop playing by their rules. Go a different path, call a summon for help. One thing that I like doing when they do this (when it's 1v1), is proceed to waste their time and make them either time out or come to me. Granted, that last one will only work if you have a good bit of patience.

myco666

fight like a man!

Lol no. I am there to troll you and get my rewards so anything goes. Just pop a Seed if that annoys you too much. If you catch them of guard it will kill them easily.

Unicorn

Most spears are unfortunately a far cry from Oberyn's fighting style. Partizan is the only one I can think of that's in the ballpark. No clue how viable poison is in this game. Usually it's been pretty much a gimmick to cheese some tankier enemies. Bosses are usually immune to it and mobs die too fast for it to count. Infusion are easy to undo and change though so can't hurt to try.

Partizan looks really good. I'll try that out. Thanks!

GulAtiCa

And if all else fairs, pop a seed. That works wonders! I did that in A
nor Lando
against a Red & Aldrich Faithful person hiding behind the big bow knights. The red took out the other, and I popped the seed and the knights did the rest. lol

leehom

By the way, if anybody wants any help to the platinum, I will gladly throw my name out there to help. I can drop rings (all of them, if you want), help on any boss, help with Mound Makers (summon and then jump off the edge) and anything else.

I'd take your offer for the rings. Lets goo

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'm getting the following error when trying to update Dark Souls III on Steam:

An error occurred while updating DARK SOULS III (disk write error)

wat

Juraash

So I'm moving through this game at a snail's pace. I started it on launch day and I'm about to start Irythyl Dungeon. Been farming a lot of titanite and armor sets to just try things out. Also lots of covenant items since I prefer the solitude of offline.

I don't have much to say so far other than my experience has been immensely positive. So far, I think the stuff has been very well done while the old stuff we revisit makes sense (at least in the context of how I interpret the lore).

But the thing I really wanted to comment on was the score. The music in this game is as top shelf as any I've ever played. It's very sparingly used, but it's so effective. The Abyss Watchers theme really has stood out to me so far. It's so melancholy and perfectly encapsulates the tone of characters like Artorias and Sif. It's a lonely, sad song and it really speaks to what I find appeing a out this series. I feel like this game has atmosphere in spades and the musical touches are like icing on that cake.

silva1991

It honestly isn't that bad. There is like 20 rings you need to get from NG+ and 16 from NG++. If you ever plan to play through NG+ and NG++ just pick them up as you go.

Sure not on it's own, but considering I need to get like 90 covenant items ............ lol

what's the best way to get blade of darkmoon items? and where?

Figured out A
ldrich
's tricks and took it down. Favorite fight in the game thus far, all about recognizing its options and preventing it from using them. I love bosses where you're hitting your head against a wall until it all clicks and you have it figured out (but still get rekt at the slightest error)

Always spawns in the furthest point from you, need to run and get right up in its face to skip the purple bullshit, which only leads to arrows of sadness. Without those ranged options it has nothing (besides the somewhat tricky timing on its spin slash)

myco666

Sure not on it's own, but considering I need to get like 90 covenant items ............ lol

what's the best way to get blade of darkmoon items? and where?

Real Dark Souls 3 starts here.

Best place to farm those is
Anor Londo and the two Silver Knights on the stairs.
Other place you could try is
the Silver Knights archers after Pontiff but walks there are rather long so might be faster just kill the ones in Anor Londo.

Mist

Banned
How does backstab work exactly? Is it at all possible to backstab after sneaking up on an enemy? I can do backstabs quite often in combat if I'm able to get behind an enemy, but sneaking up on them and then trying to backstab an enemy never seems to work. Instead, I just attack regularly with R1.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just lost 10k souls to the fucking Wizard of Oz monkeys. I had no problem with them last night, but I was just fucking around this morning and died, then died to missing and pulling 3 more flying monkeys on me. Alt F4'd in rage so fast.
lmao wizard of oz monkeys

Such an apt description.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
How does backstab work exactly? Is it at all possible to backstab after sneaking up on an enemy? I can do backstabs quite often in combat if I'm able to get behind an enemy, but sneaking up on them and then trying to backstab an enemy never seems to work. Instead, I just attack regularly with R1.

I don't think I have ever gotten it to work whilst sneaking, your better off just opening up on them when your in range.

DPB

I don't think I have ever gotten it to work whilst sneaking, your better off just opening up on them when your in range.

I've done it a few times but it does seem very finicky, usually by the time I've let go of the stick the enemy turns round. With heavy weapons a charged strong attack is much more reliable and seems to do more damage anyway.

mxgt

Banned
Oh cool, a new ENB blind playthrough video

"ffs marcus you missed this"
"how could you miss that, not do this, not do that omg"

Every time. Then again, I don't know why I read the comments.

BadWolf

Oh cool, a new ENB blind playthrough video

"ffs marcus you missed this"
"how could you miss that, not do this, not do that omg"

Every time. Then again, I don't know why I read the comments.

Wasn't that why he stopped playing Witcher 3?

Eitherway he's probably not reading the comments for the first playthrough so it's all good.

Panda Rin

Got invaded by a Watchdog, used a white branch to disguise myself as a wooden cross...I've been sitting here for 20 minutes in front of the Crystal Sage boss door.

This guy won't leave.

edit: Unless it's an NPC? In which case, I feel very stupid right now.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
FROM need to allow for us to remove stats though Rosaria. Would be amazing if I could respec from say level 100 to 90.

They should allow unlimited respecs. Soul Vessels were such a better system. DS III takes so many steps back in mp QoL from 2.

jonjonaug

Got invaded by a Watchdog, used a white branch to disguise myself as a wooden cross...I've been sitting here for 20 minutes in front of the Crystal Sage boss door.

This guy won't leave.

edit: Unless it's an NPC? In which case, I feel very stupid right now.
AFAIK there are no watchdog NPCs.

Chameleon spells feel kinda unfair now because of all the additional clutter in DS3 over the first two games.

ElFly

Says all files are successfully verified.

It keeps switching from "Download stopping" to "Update queued" in the games list.

The same happened to me.

Turns out my SSD filled up, and don't want to delete other stuff.

I moved it to the spinning disk piece of shit disk but didn't really check if my save was preserved. Don't really care much, had done everything short of completing Archpeak; wasn't going to bother with NG+, may as well start over.

They should allow unlimited respecs. Soul Vessels were such a better system. DS III takes so many steps back in mp QoL from 2.

Agreed. I made a 120 quality build just to be able to use mostly whatever I want. I'm not going to do another NG+ every 5 respecs. in DS2 I respeced a ton of times. My minmaxing days are over.

Weren't there a limited number of Soul Vessels...?

You could use a bonfire ascetic to farm them indefinitely.

DarkKyo

So... I'm at the undead settlement bonfire before the
big tree boss.. already beat it and got the pit bonfire
.. but anyways even with ember on I can't seem to find anymore summon signs/names since I beat that boss. Is there something I'm not doing right? Do signs no longer appear if you've beat a boss close to the bonfire or something?

24hr

If I get summoned into a different world and we beat a boss - does it count for me? Or do iI still have to do it myself?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
In Vanilla DK2. But SotFS kinda handed them out like candy. But even in the 1st version, there were more then 5. so was easier then DK3.

SotFS was a do over after how long? I think folk need to step off the gas a little. They'll patch the fuck out of this just as the did all the others to get them to their best state.

Ferr986

I think I'm settling with the Exiled Greatsword for my Quality but more STR focused dude. Felt like it's the greatsword with the best damage/speed compromise.

I know I could go with a Dark Sword, but that's boring.

If I get summoned into a different world and we beat a boss - does it count for me? Or do iI still have to do it myself?

Nope, gotta do it in your world.

SkylineRKR

SotFS was a do over after how long? I think folk need to step off the gas a little. They'll patch the fuck out of this just as the did all the others to get them to their best state.

Yeah. A revamped DS3 could be perfect, imagine a retooled PvP and better Covenant implementation for starters.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Weren't there a limited number of Soul Vessels...?

The best soul and ascetic farming spot has one thats also farmable and there is an area in the bastille with no boss you can also ascetic for them. DS II also allowed you to farm slabs in the base game. The devs got the mp crowd even if soul memory was a mistake.

KHlover

Banned
So uhhh anyone on PC need a ring of prayer or sth? I have 4 of those by now, so I'd give one or two away.

EDIT: Seems like this is called Priestess Ring in the English version

GulAtiCa

Actually, I'm not really upset at all about the 5 per/etc. Was just stating that it was technically easier in DK2. 5 seems pretty reasonable to me

Booted the game up on the Xbox for the first time in a few days just now. There was an update waiting.

Finally, I thought, they've sorted it out so I no longer have to start downloading Alan Wake in order to get online. Nope. Still failing to receive latest calibration.

What the fuck is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom