• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lux R7

Mother of god... he used the "curl up" emote to dodge D
ragonslayer
's attack:

https://gfycat.com/UnhealthyHauntingEarthworm

c81.gif

those hitboxes are fucking amazing

Juraash

There are wolf spiders and then there are these horrific insects that look like drowned bodies from a distance but become strange Grudge-looking J-horror creepies when aggro'd.

To piggyback on this. They look like if the gaping dragon, grudge chick, a spider and something with way more legs somehow spawned one...lovely creature. They're super great and while not an aracnaphobe, I have to imagine something in this horrific cocktail would bother those that are.

w0s

You know what sucks...for the hell of it I killed
the fire keeper
doing the E
nd of fire
achievement and apparently if you do it won't count :( Had I know I just would have kept
her
alive.

There are wolf spiders and then there are these horrific insects that look like drowned bodies from a distance but become strange Grudge-looking J-horror creepies when aggro'd.
Where are these things? Not sure if I've seen them yet

I've seen weird creepy crawly things that I've always run past
like in the water before the kitchen in Irithyll
but that's about it

You know what sucks...for the hell of it I killed
the fire keeper
doing the E
nd of fire
achievement and apparently if you do it won't count :( Had I know I just would have kept
her
alive.
miyazaki loves his souls waifus too much to reward their
murder
with an achievement

but that's about it
Those are the enemies. You'll also find them in the
profaned capital in a poisonous swamp

Dimmle

but that's about it

Next time, wake one up and let it come to you. Then, nightmares!

Those be them.
Ah. Again, I've never stopped to take a look lol. Sprint souls for life

Couple of complaints I still have with the game.... level 55, currently at Dancer

- Boss cutscenes still lacking. The fights themselves are neat but man, Bloodborne spoiled with how unbelievably epic each cutscene was. Big fight feel

- No new dialogue from some NPCs in Firelink. Weak. "To be unkindled is to be a vessel for souls" ok great how bout something else. I've cleared like what, 2/3rds of the game and levelup maiden and fallen warrior dude still act like I just showed up.

Amused

All of a sudden I see no messages, no bloodstains, no online nothing. Am online, and can write my own messages... Anyone know what could be wrong?

Juraash

Ah. Again, I've never stopped to take a look lol. Sprint souls for life

Couple of complaints I still have with the game.... level 55, currently at Dancer

- Boss cutscenes still lacking. The fights themselves are neat but man, Bloodborne spoiled with how unbelievably epic each cutscene was. Big fight feel

- No new dialogue from some NPCs in Firelink. Weak. "To be unkindled is to be a vessel for souls" ok great how bout something else. I've cleared like what, 2/3rds of the game and levelup maiden and fallen warrior dude still act like I just showed up.

They are my least favorite enemies to look at, pretty easy to fight, but dear god they are unnerving. They also make lovely screaming noises.

On the topic of your complaints, I totally agree with the boss cutscene thing. The ones that exist in this game are super solid and I don't need them for every boss. That said.... All the Lords should have one by default.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I hate invasions from other players. Would totally be down with a take on this series where PvP was purely for those who were interested.

They are my least favorite enemies to look at, pretty easy to fight, but dear god they are unnerving. They also make lovely screaming noises.

On the topic of your complaints, I totally agree with the boss cutscene thing. The ones that exist in this game are super solid and I don't need them for every boss. That said.... All the Lords should have one by default.
The fact that A
ldrich
gets nothing but HLW gets that sick smoke cutscene

Ugh haha

Jyrii

Banned
This is one area where the game could have had clearer direction. Your next stop should be Irythill Dungeon. You basically need to go back to the lower area of the boreal valley (Irythill) where you run across the water. Instead of going into the sewer area, just go straight towards the large opening (man I wish I could describe this better). If you're still confused. You could always use a guide online that will probably have better directions.

Thanks. I totally forgot I didn't pursue that route.

Juraash

The fact that A
ldrich

Ugh haha

And he's the boss that needs it most! Especially given what you see of him before the actual fight. How did we get from A to B? How is there no reveal for this guy? Not having some bizarre cutscene introducing him seems like such a missed opportunity.

Manu

The fact that A
ldrich

In my case it was even worse because
I entered Anri's world to help her as soon as I got to the gates of Anor Londo, so when the boss fight started immediately I didn't even have time to process what was happening. Like "Wait, there's a boss-- Hey is that Ald-- Yes, it's hi-- But why does he look like Gwy--?" in the span of five seconds.

Apparently
Orbeck
is supposed to give you rings and a gesture as you
buy sorceries from him.
He hasn't given me jack shit, and now he's fucked off, even though I've
bought all sorceries, including ones from the 4 tomes you give him.
What's going on?

Apparently
Orbeck
buy sorceries from him.
What's going on?

After buying all the spells, did you exhaust all his dialogues before resetting the area?

Apparently
Orbeck
buy sorceries from him.
What's going on?

He doesn't give any of that unless you actually choose the "talk" option. Unfortunately both Rings and the Gesture are unobtainable until your next NG.

Lux R7

Yep. Still sucks. Big empty area of nothing resembling level design other than shitty poison that forces you to spam dash with a dagger unless you want to go hollow trying to reach... anywhere.

Lowest point of the game, but atleast you get it done early.

well, it's not empty, there are many treasures and lore clues.

Ohnonono

So I have been grinding post ending in NG to get weapons leveled up and stuff and realized that I never finished Bloodborne and never touched the DLC. I went back to it last night and have to say that it totally does not feel like a downgrade (ps4 player for both.) They play differently enough that they are their own thing but they are both amazing. Farming Vials is probably my biggest gripe just because sometimes I want to just smack my head against a boss till I get it right.

It is really cool to have two games that are pretty damn different but have the same quality level like that. I don't know that I would go back and play older souls games again, but Bloodborne and DS3 seem pretty evergreen.

Was wondering around the Carthus Catacombs with my Faith build and came across the man, the legend, the....

hPej4Yb.jpg

CUNTSMASHER!

Now I have a new lewd word to include in my names that isn't censored!

Man Alsrich was easy and underwhelming for a story boss and for a guy with the title "devourer of gods".

Well if you want to be technical about it, you were really
fighting Gwyndolin and he was fairly easy in DkS1
. We have no way of knowing how
a fight with Aldrich's real form would have gone

Finished the Platinum and am having a hard time putting this game down, still. The main reason is that pyromancy with a chaos & dark melee weapon is so, so good at endgame it's kind of silly. There are so many varied, OP options, I can't recommend the class/playstyle enough to anyone who wants to have a blast in PvE.

zoukka

Well if you want to be technical about it, you were really
fighting Gwyndolin and he was fairly easy in DkS1
. We have no way of knowing how
a fight with Aldrich's real form would have gone

Oh cool, didn't even realise that. The boss needed a cutscene...

Ogawa-san

Man, I hate invasions from other players. Would totally be down with a take on this series where PvP was purely for those who were interested.
I wish...

I thought this game would be less stupid than the others (except BB which is fine) since you don't lose health if you want to stay "safe", but 40h later I realized I've missed every single PvE invasion weapon instead.

Finally got my 3rd or 4th summon as a blue sentinel..only for the invader to die within 15 seconds of entering the host's world and not getting rewarded...

MilkBeard

Man Alsrich was easy and underwhelming for a story boss and for a guy with the title "devourer of gods".

It's funny. He was the boss that I died the most to in the entire game (solo). Really depends on your build I guess. Co op does break the boss though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom