• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha

the rate of being summoned as a darkmoon blade is so low for me

it took me an hour to get summoned once.

Pretty low for everyone, the auto-summon doesn't work very well for Darkmoon unfortunately :(. I was sitting for like 45 min before I gave up.

While you wait you could always farm
Silver knights
as they drop the item you need. Just it's a very, very, very rare drop.

I'm curious, what's everyone's highest rated message?
I find it funny that only the person that wrote the message sees if it's a good or poor message. Everyone else it just goes up by one, it should at least decrease one if someone votes it badly so it goes into the negatives.

The picture does show a place that was a bit of a surprise for me, so caution.

RZWfZVE.jpg

I get so fucking salty whenever I lose in pvp. And I shouldn't be.

I always try to have fun in PvP but I just about always lose my cool when someone beats me by clearly just locking on and mashing R1 with a rapier or straight sword. I roll away half a dozen times and am still hit by the damn phantom range. I can't use spacing because for some reason they have more range than my spear on top of being faster and then my HP just melts away.

Using all the moves a weapon has to offer is really fun but it makes me sad when it's beaten mercilessly by the simplest tactic, lol.

Edit:

"Could this be a friend?" next to the first dead dragon you find with 13 Good ratings in the High Wall of Lothric.

I always try to have fun in PvP but I just about always lose my cool when someone beats me by clearly just locking on and mashing R1 with a rapier or straight sword. I roll away half a dozen times and am still hit by the damn phantom range. I can't use spacing because for some reason they have more range than my spear on top of being faster and then my HP just melts away.

Using all the moves a weapon has to offer is really fun but it makes me sad when it's beaten mercilessly by the simplest tactic, lol.

The thing is, for many weapons R2 is way to slow. And although some weapons hack really wicked power attacks, they're usually very predictable, or just war cry/stomp.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to reiterate my love for the Manikin Claws. Shit damage but they proc Bleed like a motherfucker, have Quickstep, and barely use any stamina doing either. Flat out murdered a fully decked out Smough/Zwei invader last night.

On one: "Ah, old dear... friend ahead" (In front of Andre).

On another: "Ah, old dear... you don't deserve this" (In front of
Elizabeth
).

I do have more imaginative ones but they don't get high ratings :D

Sarcasm

I'd like to reiterate my love for the Manikin Claws. Shit damage but they proc Bleed like a motherfucker, have Quickstep, and barely use any stamina doing either. Flat out murdered a fully decked out Smough/Zwei invader last night.

From the npc invader from irithyll right? I didn't know and beat the boss so no chance in getting those.

From the npc invader from irithyll right? I didn't know and beat the boss so no chance in getting those.
Just wait till NG+. I have so many embers due to co-oping that ima be embered my whole time in NG+. I don't wanna look at a guide so looks like ima run around everywhere embered. EVERYWHERE!

Cyborg

Whoop Whoop, game is finished. After 74h I had enough of it and rushed it to beat last 3 bosses.

I must say the
Two Princes
gave me a hard time, I did it in 12x. I wanted to block everything, till I started playing like it was Bloodborne :)

I experienced two endings (reloaded my older save) I will now wait for DLC to start NG+

Sarcasm

I got them from another NPC in Farron Swamp. Same dude/dudette, I believe.

Will since I beat pontiff, I have also beaten crestfallen sage.

Just wait till NG+. I have so many embers due to co-oping that ima be embered my whole time in NG+. I don't wanna look at a guide so looks like ima run around everywhere embered. EVERYWHERE!

What boss is good to coop on? I haven't really some this in any souls game. I just go to ando (silver knight after the moving stair contraption). Coop doesn't need specific level / NG matching right?

I get so fucking salty whenever I lose in pvp. And I shouldn't be.

Dude, me too. I spent pretty much my entire gaming time yesterday doing PvP, and it was fucking horrific. I used to play CounterStrike and Dota 2 so I'm no stranger to tough PvP action, and I almost never let losses upset me, but this game is something else. I'm just so fucking BAD it's driving me nuts; I consistently lose fights in humiliating fashion. I keep getting parried and killed, while landing maybe 1 out of 20 of my own parry attempts. I whiff attacks that I'm sure are going to connect, and then get poked, slashed, and smashed to death. It's even worse than Dota 2 because at least you get paired with other beginners when you're new... in this game I feel like almost everyone I battle is in a different league. My PvP winrate is probably around 25% or less.

Will since I beat pontiff, I have also beaten crestfallen sage.

What boss is good to coop on? I haven't really some this in any souls game. I just go to ando (silver knight after the moving stair contraption). Coop doesn't need specific level / NG matching right?

NG is irrelevant when it comes to co-oping and invading. However SL still matters, unless you use a summon password, which makes SL no longer matter with the summon being scaled down to the host. Without a password you can be summoned by people 20 levels lower than you and 20 levels higher than you. The top three bosses I found got plenty of summons were P
ontiff
, A
ldrich
and L
othric
. I'm SL 125 and still get summoned for P
ontiff
in like 5 or so minutes.

All the summon info you need can be found here. Thank you again, SourShoes for showing me this this :p

Meccs

Can't believe I'm making another character to have one in every level range from 50ish to 80ish to 120ish. Invasions in SL50-SL60 are too much fun. This is where most random stuff happens. The least meta, try hard, gank etc. my experience at least. I just wish I had someone I trust so I can hand down a few items to my new character. Oh well...

Joey Ravn

Banned
Question regarding rings, just to confirm:

+1 rings continue to drop in NG++ in their NG+ locations, alongside NG++ +2 rings, right?

I'm considering just beating NG+ and going directly to NG++ now that I have farmed all the covenant items. I'm only missing one gesture, one spell and the rings and I'm done with all the Achievements :)

Can't believe I'm making another character to have one in every level range from 50ish to 80ish to 120ish. Invasions in SL50-SL60 are too much fun. This is where most random stuff happens. The least meta, try hard, gank etc. my experience at least. I just wish I had someone I trust so I can hand down a few items to my new character. Oh well...

If you're on PC you can trust me :p.

I also ran into some weird stuff even at SL 125, I just recently fisted a guy lol. I got in and he had his fists out and was just punching, at first I was gunna sword him, but then I decided to switch to my fists and he did the jump for joy gesture. A lot of the fights I get into are unique, but many do use darksword with refined or whatever >:[

pa22word

Pc version just got hit with a patch.

Also, why are we already in community? I thought it took at least a month after release before we got sent to the other side?

Meccs

Also, why are we already in community? I thought it took at least a month after release before we got sent to the other side?
41 MB, would like to know what's in it. Hopefully some fixes for hacks and maybe some adjustments for Sentinel summons.... Probably not... "We fixed stuff"

myco666

Question regarding rings, just to confirm:

+1 rings continue to drop in NG++ in their NG+ locations, alongside NG++ +2 rings, right?

I'm considering just beating NG+ and going directly to NG++ now that I have farmed all the covenant items. I'm only missing one gesture, one spell and the rings and I'm done with all the Achievements :)

Yeah they should be still there on NG++.

But it has been a month already.

pa22word

Can confirm poise is still "working as intended" >.>

And yeah, I guess it has been a month. Time flies I guess.

Also, was just booted to the main menu for "losing connection to steam" o_O

Dunno if this is new or not.

Can confirm poise is still "working as intended" >.>

And yeah, I guess it has been a month. Time flies I guess.
Meanwhile there's enemies with actual goddamn poise. Fromsoft pls...

Nah the booted thing has been around since launch. It's super annoying. Didn't the previous patch notes mention them fixing it? From lies yet again!

Many people found Abyss Watchers to be difficult, I beat em on my second attempt those same people that found that fight to be difficult found Pontiff to be easy.

That's what I like about DaS 3, bosses are easier/harder based on your playstyle(cautious, greedy, etc.), while in DaS 1 & 2 it was mainly about your class.

I guess I find Pontiff really hard because I'm very greedy and I like to wail on things until they stop moving.

It's funny that you mentioned those two bosses in particular because the exact thing happened to me. Got the Watchers on my second try and then hit my head against a wall for two hours fighting Pontiff.

Abyss Watchers were a wall for me for 2 hours. Goddam that second phase. 10 deaths. Pontiff was very easy.

So as you can see it all depends on... something.

I don't get why some hosts think that summoning 3 phantoms and then chugging big pyromancies, that obscure the boss completely with explossions and particule effects is the best way to win... It just makes it a clusterfuck. So far my helping as phantom ahs been infinitely more successful when it was just me and a host, than when it was a gang.

I don't get why some hosts think that summoning 3 phantoms and then chugging big pyromancies, that obscure the boss completely with explossions and particule effects is the best way to win... It just makes it a clusterfuck. So far my helping as phantom ahs been infinitely more successful when it was just me and a host, than when it was a gang.

I share the same experience.

I do not mind much though, I always find it amusing to see a bunch of phantoms and the host get roasted fighting NK or SoC because they have no idea what to do and/or get stuck rolling into each other trying to score hits during aoe attacks.

When there is only me and the host, it's always so much easier and less chaotic.

Last night though, I helped this dude with NK, after the battle I saw him standing way, way back at the fog gate, that I hate.

Ferr986

Yesterday I was helping some random dude with
Aldrich
. Dude basically hid in a corner of the room while I tried to solo the boss. Worst part is that he still managed to die with the arrow spam lol

Lets you join the mound makers covenant prior to killing Greatwood. Turns hostile if you fight that boss.

edit: is that what you're referring to?

I think he means the undeads in a cage enemy that is a non hostile NPC, close to the moundmaker one you say . But I think he's just there to talk shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom