• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to go right now. Just beat
Pontiff Sulyvahn
. Could someone point me in the right direction? I already beat
Yhorm
and
the Abyss Watchers

just continue from pontiff's bonfire and then head left and up the stairs and across the garden to the tower, you'll want to get to the rooftops were the archers that are shooting you are

Did you reach the Cathedral of the Deep? If so
the sorcery merchant is near the entrance to the area,before the boss that leads you into that area and the pyromancy merchant is in undead settlement along with the miracle merchant

I beat abyss watchers on my first try. Is that normal? SL lvl47 with a +4 butchers and the npc.

And yea stealth brag I guess but I feel like I was reading that this was troublesome for ppl. Am I over leveled?

47!? that's around 15~20 levels higher than I was at that point O.O. Most people fight it much earlier I imagine

Caim

Quick question yes/no answer please

Can I get the shrine tower key without straight up buying it?

Also the catacombs are garbage, and its clear the reward after it is them acknowledging how bad that section was. Nothing redeeming about it.

As far as I know you have to buy the key no other way to get it.

ramyeon

So Black Blade or Uchigatana? Sharp Black Blade seems to surpass Sharp Uchigatana in terms of damage output at the same upgrade level. Are there any other major differences?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That's the point though, right? When you risk opening up your world to give or receive aid something nefarious might slip through. You should have to deal with something.

My point being your shouldn't bemoan the host if they do whatever they can as well in order to ensure their survival and give a middle finger towards the invaders, including rushing to the boss gate, whenever chance permitted.

sn00zer

I enjoyed it a lot actually.

You crazy....played about 20min of it straight, then just turned it into a speed running session..... so much running. Really just a boring and frustrating area

also spoiler regarding area after the catacombs
fucking jaw dropping. Atually reminds me a lot of Spyro 1. Cant believe more games havent use the aurora borealis as a color scheme.

Bluenoser

Need some direction

defeated the rotten tree days ago and searched everywhere but I don't know where to progress in the undead settlement. I got the priest and killed the flaming beast and also backtracked to the high wall.

Where am I supposed to go next?

If you've already done part of the quest for the
onion bro, where you defeated the fire demon, you have already been to the tower. So go back to the tower, but manipulate the lift so it goes down instead of up. In the basement there is a mini boss, and after beating him it opens a door to a new area.

DedValve

Banned
Oh my god you mean I have to kill that
ice enemy in the basement after I kill the rotten tree boss? Fffffuuuuuck.

Sarcasm

So those dudes I was having trouble on I ran past and then proceeded to one shot a boss with no flasks. \o/

Next area is very interesting.

I gave that bone to the dude and he supposedly gave me something besides letting me keep the ring, what did he give me?

BTW is there a NPC guide or something, cause it seems like DS1 where you can totally screw stuff over.

mujun

Run past it. He can't follow you out the doors and you are invincible while opening them. I've never bothered fighting it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

That's not a boss.

And you can just ignore it and open the door, there's a bonfire right in front of it.

Spawn to somewhere and return to the bonfire and approach the dude from behind, you can get many good smacks in before he even realizes it :p

He's quite easy with not a lot of HP.

DedValve

Banned
You will do it, and you will enjoy it (potentially good drop)

Run past it. He can't follow you out the doors and you are invincible while opening them. I've never bothered fighting it.

That's not a boss.

And you can just ignore it and open the door, there's a bonfire right in front of it.

Spawn to somewhere and return to the bonfire and approach the dude from behind, you can get many good smacks in before he even realizes it :p

He's quite easy with not a lot of HP.

FUCK. I killed it. Too close. Too close! Now to check what this sword is.

Edit. This is a nice sword. Too bad I have 10 dexterity.... To farming I go!

saturnine

A
rchdragon
P
eak
, home to the most bullshit enemies the series has ever seen. Getting stunlocked to death and instaparried has never been more fun. You really shouldn't have, FROM.

Grisby

Actually felt kind of bad fighting the C
onsumed King
. The
baby background
noise didn't help either.

Zeliard

Yeah, would be nice to keep stacking the rewards lol

Not for that (30 isn't that hard to get if you invade or place a sign down in invasion-heavy places, since there's plenty of meat).

But there are those times you get summoned as MM and make pals with the host and his other phantom buddy and it'd be nice to stick around a bit as a sketchy, neutral party. :p

They should have made it so you at least have to do some damage to the invader to get the reward (or better yet, get the killing blow). As it stands now, you get the reward if anything dies regardless of your actions.

Woohoo, that's my dark souls feeling. I was summoned a bunch in the undead village. Died a bunch to
the cursed greatwood
, while trying to help. Decided to try it on my own and beat it first try, that fight was sooooooo tense.

edit: Also was summoned into a game where someone had a helmet with what looked like long silk hanging off of it? Which helmet is that? Or was it a cape of some kind?

Zocano

Woof. Pyromancy build seems like it will be tricky against NK. Even if dark damage is great, it's just so slow casting. Still doesn't do UGS damage, tho, and I'm only SL 67

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I beat abyss watchers on my first try. Is that normal? SL lvl47 with a +4 butchers and the npc.

And yea stealth brag I guess but I feel like I was reading that this was troublesome for ppl. Am I over leveled?

Yeah, I beat them on my first try at level 32 or so with a Broadsword+3.

It was incredibly epic. The boss and I killed each other at the exact same time, but I still got credit for the victory. Most intense battle I think I've ever done.

Fuck this dude. I had to summon after 30 attempts. Lol. Got him to like a fifth of his health once, though.

Once I got fucking obliterated by his combos enough, I got a better feel for his range and swords. I thought he became a lot more predictable in the second phase but I only really beat him because I had a 100% shield and rolling like a nut.

Brakke

Banned
Uhh this monster in the Profaned Capitol with a hand
for a head that crawls like a baby. I almost threw up when I saw it.
Fuuuuuucking good.

Caim

Dancer
seemed so intimidating to me at first, but all I really did was stay behind it the whole time and dodge when I needed to. Cool fight though!

I find funny that there are invaders that try to act cool and shit by doing taunts in the middle of the duel...like it's okay man, taunt as much as you want, ill just hit you with my Uchi+10

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So how do you join the
Mound Makers
? It says you need to talk to
Hodrick before fighting the curse rotted greatwood, but I did fight the thing but it killed me after we fell into the underground.
He gives you a hint on what to do, he doesn't make you join it.

go up the house and drop down on the right side and you should see a saw dude with a cage on his back. He isn't aggroed until you attack him. Just walk right up behind him and enter the cage.
Or you can go to fextralife via Google and there's a video showing you all the covenants. That's how I found out the first time.

Jin

I've beaten every boss including the optional ones and went in to try N
ameless King
. After eight attempts I noped out of there and consider the game done. Total playtime is 27 hours and I can't wait to start a new game again. I can see myself playing this a long time. Definitely the best Souls game.

Caim

Fuuuuuucking good.

It gets worse
there is a room with three or four of them together.

sappyday

Fuuuuuucking good.

The strongest enemy in the game and the most horrific. I noped the fucked outta there. I don't even know if they drop a good item or not but fuck that.

He gives you a hint on what to do, he doesn't make you join it.

go up the house and drop down on the right side and you should see a saw dude with a cage on his back. He isn't aggroed until you attack him. Just walk right up behind him and enter the cage.
Or you can go to fextralife via Google and there's a video showing you all the covenants. That's how I found out the first time.
The wiki says
I must not fight the giant tree boss before meeting him
. Its too late for me.

Get'sMad

lol invaded some dude in Lothric before the dragons and he refuses to try to pass the bridge w/out a 3rd phantom....I went and did the stretch out gesture, under the bridge, made a drink, and took a quick shower and he still hasn't moved. One of his sunbros just came at me and I killed him. I'll be here all night if I have to bro.

edit: they're now trying to take the dragons down with bows. i'm lol'ing over here.

Caim

The strongest enemy in the game and the most horrific. I noped the fucked outta there. I don't even know if they drop a good item or not but fuck that.

One of them drops
Eleonora it's a nice greataxe with bleeding I think.

Soulflarz

Banned
Faith only is probably harder than that at this point >.>

Sl1 runs are a dumb answer anyways considering this is a problem that ds2 solved years ago to a satisfactory end rather elegantly.

howd ds2 solve it? I honestly forget to be honest, not asking to be obnoxious or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom