• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughesta

Banned
You have to have every ring. If the ring has a normal version, a +1 version and a +2 version, you have to have all three.

So, if the ring you missed is only available in the first playthrough, yes, you're fucked.
Now this some bullshit right here

Daft Punk

Banned
So I just tried the
Curse-Rotted Greatwood for the first time and he buttslammed me
to death. What am I supposed to do here? lol

justjim89

I really wanted to do
Pontiff
solo, it'd only be the 3rd boss I solo'd in my playthrough, but that moment he
clones himself
is just lame. They can't have one boss fight in this game where you're just fighting someone 1 on 1, can they? Ended up using two summons after 3 or 4 tries against him.

That being said, the way the next area slowly transforms into
Anor Londo
was incredible. First it's just the architecture is familiar, then suddenly you're
running up a rooftop dodging silver archers. Then you see the statue of Gwyn, and the stairs and switch out the the door. By the time I was at the foot of the stairs and the text popped up, I had chills
. Pure fan service, maybe, but so well done.

Those NPCs with the purple weapons are assholes, though.

So, Catacombs boss spoiler.

Just helping people with Wolnir and holy shit, I killed him so quick in my game that I never saw him summon that huge ass sword or any skeletons/wheel skeletons.

Whaaaa? That's sounds awesome I'll need to look up a vid of that. He was the easiest boss so far for me, I didn't get to see any of that cool stuff.

Cracklox

Uhh this monster in the Profaned Capitol with a hand
for a head that crawls like a baby. I almost threw up when I saw it.
Fuuuuuucking good.

Oh fuck. Those things creeped me the fuck out. I noped my way up a ladder the 1st time,
and it jumped up after me
. It missed, but I actually let a out the girliest manly yelp ever

Daft Punk

Banned
Hit the balls.

200_s.gif

The wiki says
I must not fight the giant tree boss before meeting him
. Its too late for me.
You can still join the covenant be on the lookout for an NPC called Sirris? at firelink shrine, after she asks you to help her
go outside the tree boss door and look for a summon sign

KingKong

Finally took down the
Nameless King
. All bosses down solo. Those were some incredible fights. Can't wait for the DLC

ExVicis

I screwed up and can't get the Hip Bone anymore and I foolishly gave away the one the game hands you in the U
ndead
S
ettlement
. Is there any other way to get one without being in the Covenant?

justjim89

Is there anything of value in the basement with the long ladder down near
Anor Londo
with the
two giant rat things in the water?
Wanting to know if it's worth the effort.

_h8bit

Banned
Whoa so I think I'm near the end of the game.. the F
ire
K
eeper
is talking about something
Luldeth might know of "curious matters" and "knowledge"
... did I miss something? When I talk to him I don't see any other dialog options

Is there anything of value in the basement with the long ladder down near
Anor Londo
with the
two giant rat things in the water?
Wanting to know if it's worth the effort.

An amazing ring that buffs everything and a new covenant. you can aggro one at a time and if you kill one, it doesn't respawn.

very worth it!

forrest

formerly nacire
Stuck between two fog gates that wont go away. Cant exit because someone invaded and someone was summoned automatically to help. Just stuck here running in this tiny space.

Gonna have to move to offline play after this bs.

5 respec per playthrough thing drives me nuts. Is there any penalty for using a save file over and over? I already have one backed up since there is no cloud saving here. Thinking of getting to NG++ leaving the world and NPC situation how i ant it and then keeping the save for PvP and re upping it in case I run out of respecs.

Anyone have that youtube video of
pontiff sulyvahn getting parried, guy does the Path of The Dragon gesture and wrecks pontiff sulyvahn in like a min or two?

edit: nevermind found it :p

Welp, had an NPC die on me accidentally. Location/NPC spoilers:
Ran into Anri in the Catacombs. Stopped to talk to her, but before I could get through the dialogue a surprise army of skeletons ran up from behind me and gangbanged both of us to death. Went back to the spot she was at and got her sword and a ring...blast. Well, hope her quest line didn't get me anything great.

jb1234

Pontiff Sulyvahn
is so many epic levels of bullshit. I can't kill him. Hell, half the time, I can't even get him to phase 2. He's aggressive as hell.

Sullichin

God damn,
Black Knight Great Axe
+ sacred oath + war cry skill = 751 AR, all physical. With 43 STR (38+5 from Knight's Ring). I've just been basing this on people in coop who are using sacred oath. I think i'm going to invest in it.

Welp, had an NPC die on me accidentally. Location/NPC spoilers:
Ran into Anri in the Catacombs. Stopped to talk to her, but before I could get through the dialogue a surprise army of skeletons ran up from behind me and gangbanged both of us to death. Went back to the spot she was at and got her sword and a ring...blast. Well, hope her quest line didn't get me anything great.

well... lol. It
nabs you one of the endings if you do it right :p

justjim89

An amazing ring that buffs everything and a new covenant. you can aggro one at a time and if you kill one, it doesn't respawn.

very worth it!

Shit. I'll give it a shot then.

Also, I'm loving the
Wolf Knight
sword. Having
Artorias's
moveset as the special attacks is great. Just need to find more titanite scale to upgrade it further.

jett

D-Member
D
ragonslayer
boss fight. I'm fed up with this game. FED UP.

p.s. the patch didn't do anything to make Dancer's Enchanted Swords not garbage.

well... lol. It
nabs you one of the endings if you do it right :p

Balls.

Ah well, I know I'm gonna do multiple playthroughs anyway, first time is always about exploration and finding out things for myself. Second playthrough is the wiki-enabled one where I do all the NPC stuff correctly.

Almost killed
Pontiff
and then immediately went back to getting slaughtered by him without touching him the next dozen attempts. Fucking hell I made zero progress tonight between getting wrecked by him and
Old Demon King
. I guess I got my wish for the bosses to get more challenging :/

jett

D-Member
Also.

Why the fuck are the bonfires so far away from the boss fights.

It's not hard to get to the boss fight. It just takes up a lot of unnecessary time, especially when you die 200 times.

Oh my god, I am so goddam proud of myself. This game, man.

So I'm in the C
atacombs
of C
rapass
and I'll be honest and say the only reason I'm having trouble is cause I went a Dex Estoc build and instead of clearing out enemies I'm pretty much just running and gunning for items. So things are going decently and I get to the
bridge.
I read the message near it and have an idea of what happens but I have
Spook
so I figure I'll be fine and can collect some items. Hop on there and
freak the fuck out at the legion of skeletons that chase after me onto it. So I'm like "I ain't waiting for shit" and attack the rope to cut the bridge. So it falls and deposits me safely in that weird little area and I'm all "Huh...okay, what's here." Walk in and see that Stray Demon and lose my shit. Run run run run right past it with a horde of skeletons activating to the bonfire. When I catch my breath, I think for a second and wonder if I saw something right. I go back and activate all the skeletons and lead them up to the demon and sure enough they get into a throwdown. I sit back and watch on as the demon destroys all the skeletons then gets killed by the last two. I get the Demon Soul and just sit there laughing my ass off for a good 2 minutes. Clean up the last two skeletons and walk my way laughing to the treasure chest I ran past.

Then I get killed by a mimic.

-___-

Ricker

Sometimes I hate this game so much,with its little sidequest that are uncomprehensible,especially the way it saves...all of sudden I head back to the shrine and the Yole is dead in her corner,the one that was giving free levels...what happened...? I gave something to do level up girl and now she says she can cure the dark sigil but I didnt do it...was that it...? I hate when you have to read wiki's or what not for stuff like this,thank god its not the meat of the game...

And what the hell at the difficulty spike in the catacombs...makes me wonder if I should be in there right now...(level 40)

ezekial45

Banned
I just beat
Aldritch
in the spoilery place ---
Anor Londo
----

I picked up the ring in the upper area, but there doesn't seem to be much else here. Where do I go next?

So, should I level luck? It says that it increases bleeding and poison capabilities. I just don't know how much it increases per level, or if it is even worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom