• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III - PC Performance article

Santiako

So am I ok to run this decently or am I fucked?

hiZJXXI.png

zeox

not sure if this is the right topic to post this, but..
apparently a bunch of streamers got the pc version (english) and are allowed to stream for some time tomorrow (cohhcarnage just talked about it on his stream just now). Someone remind me why this is coming out in three weeks again?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
not sure if this is the right topic to post this, but..
apparently a bunch of streamers got the pc version (english) and are allowed to stream for some time tomorrow (cohhcarnage just talked about it on his stream just now). Someone remind me why this is coming out in three weeks again?

Probably bug clean up. Good enough for people who you have sign contracts saying "talk positively about the game, you can stream it early." Not good enough for the general populace.

That's my guess.

xVodevil

Probably bug clean up. Good enough for people who you have sign contracts saying "talk positively about the game, you can stream it early." Not good enough for the general populace.

That's my guess.

Why would you "advertise" your final product with some prerelease buggy version. This is not some written review, people will see it live.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Why would you "advertise" your final product with some prerelease buggy version. This is not some written review, people will see it live.

Because hearing a bunch of popular people gushing "Wow this game is great!" would probably do great for sales, despite any smaller bugs they might encounter. Then by release, those smaller bugs are hopefully cleaned out.

RedSwirl

Better than I expected. I thought you were gonna need a 970 or something to hit 60.

Originally I was just gonna lock my 760 to 30fps and be done with it. Now I might try to negotiate 60.

Any information on the file size of the game? We still don't know if the download is going to be 50GB. Actually, has anybody checked out the download size on Japanese PSN?

Wagram

That's fairly high specs there. I'm sure people with lower cards will be just fine though if they mess with settings.

Red Hood

Banned
I'm expecting my 3GB Sapphire 280X (1,02GHz) to do rather well.

60fps is a must, so I'll probably need to fiddle a little with the graphics settings (high-ish)

Red Hood

Banned
Any information on the file size of the game? We still don't know if the download is going to be 50GB. Actually, has anybody checked out the download size on Japanese PSN?

According to their official site: ハードディスク:20 GB以上の空き容量 , meaning "Hard disk: 20 GB or more of free space".

epmode

Is there a current working coupon for Dark Souls 3 at Green Man Gaming? I can't find anything.

I'd also be interested in a cheap key from some other reputable dealer if you have anything!

CamelCloud

Is there a current working coupon for Dark Souls 3 at Green Man Gaming? I can't find anything.

I'd also be interested in a cheap key from some other reputable dealer if you have anything!

5% off if you already own the previous games on Steam.

Wagram

You can order at Gamesplanet if you're looking for a deal. You'll get a steam key for the EU version, but nothing is different from the NA.

20% off the standard edition and deluxe edition.

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/

When I saw PC performance article headline I nearly shit the bed,as I thought in my head that we'd got a stinker of a port.

How relieved was I,can't wait to try it and hear early impressions

K' Dash

Only FXAA? Eww. Think I'll just DSR.
No way to disable VSynch? Eww

Also lol the game prompts you to "Press Enter" upon boot but nothing happens since "Enter" isn't bound to any action when you boot the game. You need to klick on the "Press Enter" message :D

If a 770 can max out @60fps, you could down sample and wouldn't need any AA solution.

Just saying...

Maybe with lower settings/900p. The 7970 is quite a bit better.

I won't do 900p. If the 770(3218GFLOPS) can do 60fps at "highest" settings, the 7870XT Boost (2995GFLOPS) will be close. I will take 50-60fps at medium/high settings if need be.

A 7970 might be enough to see no dips at 60fps.

Copper

I didn't notice any difference between those settings, only thing that looked different was the shadows.

560Ti checkin' in... hope I can run it, even at 720p if I have to. No new card for me until near the end of the year. I can manage Witcher 3, I'm hopeful that I can manage with Ds3. Especially since I just bought it today ;)

bigjig

Biggest disappointment for me is the lack of Steam Cloud support. As someone who jumps between a desktop and laptop pretty regularly constantly transferring save files is going to be a major pain :(

Anon67

Biggest disappointment for me is the lack of Steam Cloud support. As someone who jumps between a desktop and laptop pretty regularly constantly transferring save files is going to be a major pain :(

Wait seriously? Wtf DS1 has Steam Cloud support but this doesn't? -_-

Running a GTX 660 here. Hoping for 1080p30FPS high settings though it looks like this won't happen. :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

It baffles me how Steam cloud support isn't just default for every game on Steam.

Samaritan

That 60FPS cap is a little disappointing as someone with a 144Hz display, so I guess I'll be downsampling the shit out of this game instead.

That 60FPS cap is a little disappointing as someone with a 144Hz display, so I guess I'll be downsampling the shit out of this game instead.

Yeah, looks like I will just 4k downsample @ 60 fps (which looks wholly possible honestly).

Do we know if the game supports above 60hz though even if the framerate is capped @ 60? Because with 120+ hz monitors that means you would still hit refresh syncs @ 40 for example. Much more tolerable judder than 60 to 30 vsync drops.

The Boat

Wait seriously? Wtf DS1 has Steam Cloud support but this doesn't? -_-

Running a GTX 660 here. Hoping for 1080p30FPS high settings though it looks like this won't happen. :(
It does? SotFS doesn't.

Slightly unrelated, does physical version come with a Steam key?

Top Bottom