• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

Durante

Someone posted on my blog that you can force SSAO on Nvidia using the Skyrim profile:

dsssaot6bnh.jpg
2012082600004inaou.jpg

Pretty nice!

Hi Guys,

I'm running an AMD 6950 at 2560x1440 using mini display port and I can't get the game to run in full screen. As soon as I start playing, the game screen only fills up the top left quarter. While the intor and setup screens are in full screen? Weird...Been pulling my hair out for the last hour. Would appreciate any tips. What am I missing. I've searched high and low to no avail on here and the internet.

Cheers

frameset

Neo Member
Hi Guys,

I'm running an AMD 6950 at 2560x1440 using mini display port and I can't get the game to run in full screen. As soon as I start playing, the game screen only fills up the top left quarter. While the intor and setup screens are in full screen? Weird...Been pulling my hair out for the last hour. Would appreciate any tips. What am I missing. I've searched high and low to no avail on here and the internet.

Cheers

Have you turned off the in game AA option?

FtHTiny

Just wanted to follow up from yesterday about the 15 fps issue. Kinda ambarassing for me but whatever.

If i have a stream running on the second monitor the game locks at 15 fps.

Pc specs: I7-2600K @ 3.40GHz
8.00 GB
GTX 570

Without something going on on the second monitor it´s 30 fps locked kinda (even in Blighttown). Seems it´s not enough or something for both. :x

wiggleb0t

Banned
Thanks again for all your work.
Only a very small amount sorry, but sent through 3 euro donation.

Wasn't going to buy as I didn't want to support such a lazy release, couldn't resist after seeing it was 'fixed' by a 3rd party.
With no exaggeration I had difficulty seeing the game with the locked res. Wow light and day difference with the mod.
Thanks so much :)

Did you guys disable the motion blur in-game setting? Should I leave it on? I disabled it because the instructions made it appear that I needed both the AA and Blur settings disabled for Durante's fix to work.

You only have to turn off the "AA". From what I gather, the readme refers to it as a blur because that's technically what the "AA" function is. (Obviously, pointing out the distinction is just confusing people.) You want the function actually marked "blur" (which is motion blur) turned on if your system can handle it.

Durante

You only have to turn off the "AA". From what I gather, the readme refers to it as a blur because that's technically what the "AA" function is. (Obviously, pointing out the distinction is just confusing people.) You want the function actually marked "blur" (which is motion blur) turned on if your system can handle it.
You are right. I wanted to remove that but forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
V0.4 was slowing my system and game down I had to remove it. I'm on the mid/low end of the pc spectrum and honestly the vanilla game looks and runs just as good as the ps3 version for me.

I am however having sounds issues with the hdmi hooked in though.
I cant get the in game sound to play threw the tv speakers, it just stays on the computers.
(on a laptop)

Anyone having a similar issue or know of a way to fix this ?

Currently at the bottom of Blighttown and I couldn't help but notice that for some reason depth of field has turned itself off. I chose to leave it on because I actually quite like how it looks.

Here are my settings in DSfix.ini:

ib1uJ2l1ijthj0.PNG

Nothing really seems amiss there... Running at 1080p native res with driver FXAA (I've had the FXAA on since I started playing and it never messed with DoF before).

My system specs, for reference:

i5-2320 3.00GHz
GTX 560ti DCUII
8GB RAM

I am however having sounds issues with the hdmi hooked in though.
I cant get the in game sound to play threw the tv speakers, it just stays on the computers.
(on a laptop)

Anyone having a similar issue or know of a way to fix this ?

Are you running Nvidia or AMD? Both companies (I think, I know that Nvidia does for sure) have HD Audio drivers included in their driver bundles. I would update your drivers if you haven't already and then when you've set your laptop to use the TV as an external display, right click on the volume icon in the system tray and click Playback Devices. In there it should list all your audio outputs and your TV should be there. Right click it and hit Configure Speakers to set it up.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Are you running Nvidia or AMD? Both companies (I think, I know that Nvidia does for sure) have HD Audio drivers included in their driver bundles. I would update your drivers if you haven't already and then when you've set your laptop to use the TV as an external display, right click on the volume icon in the system tray and click Playback Devices. In there it should list all your audio outputs and your TV should be there. Right click it and hit Configure Speakers to set it up.

Nvidia and didn't even think to update my drivers . Big thanks.

Upon further inspection it appears that the depth of field effect is non-existent in Blighttown! I removed Durante's fix and there was still no depth of field. Is anyone else's game like this or am I just going nuts?

JanKowalski

Neo Member
Upon further inspection it appears that the depth of field effect is non-existent in Blighttown! I removed Durante's fix and there was still no depth of field. Is anyone else's game like this or am I just going nuts?

Maybe that's the reason why the game slows down so much in Blighttown? Why would they do such a thing?

Maybe that's the reason why the game slows down so much in Blighttown? Why would they do such a thing?

Maybe you're right. It's real weird that From would do something like that.

Here's one taken in the Depths and one taken at the bottom of Blighttown, both running at 1080p with 540 DoF in the ini file:

Totally weird!

Zeliard

I can run the game with High Quality AO forced and the Skyrim bit but I don't think it's actually doing anything. No performance hit whatsoever, and I took some pics with it on and off and there was no noticeable difference. 304.79 drivers

I can run the game with High Quality AO forced and the Skyrim bit but I don't think it's actually doing anything. No performance hit whatsoever, and I took some pics with it on and off and there was no noticeable difference. 304.79 drivers

Same here. Hopefully someone can figure something out.

Also this is what the ENB dev has to say about Dark Souls:

IoUEf.png

Lmao

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is he...is he really talking about... entering cover ala Gears for Dark Souls?

Also it beggars belief that anyone serious about PC gaming wouldnt have a 360 pad by this point. Okay for FPS, but the idea of people playing 2d indie platformer titles with the cursor keys is tragic.

Especially because it's so easy to PnP and widely supported now.
It's the odd ugly apple like ME3 that doesn't have support.

With so many cross pathform titles, especially indie platformers like SMB, having a Controller just makes a lot of sense.

Wanny

Oh god, 16:10 works now with the updated version, no crashes. HUD is slightly stretched vertically but that's trivial.

data2012-08-2605-43-1q7kqp.png

data2012-08-2605-56-2dcjb7.png

Couple more pics, no HUD, spoilery for new players (it's Darkroot Basin stuff):

http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2606-12-21mjcs.png

http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2606-16-30ej1s.png

http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2606-16-41eu85.png

I just tried it and all it does it stretch the image vertically. Is it supposed to do that or am I doing it wrong?

I personally don't like any stretch so I will continue to play with black bars.

la_briola

Oh god, 16:10 works now with the updated version, no crashes. HUD is slightly stretched vertically but that's trivial.

[I*MG]http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2605-43-1q7kqp.png[/IMG]

[I*MG]http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2605-56-2dcjb7.png[/IMG]

Couple more pics, no HUD, spoilery for new players (it's Darkroot Basin stuff):

http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2606-12-21mjcs.png

http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2606-16-30ej1s.png

http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2606-16-41eu85.png

HOW does 16:10 works?

Corto

Is he...is he really talking about... entering cover ala Gears for Dark Souls?

Also it beggars belief that anyone serious about PC gaming wouldnt have a 360 pad by this point. Okay for FPS, but the idea of people playing 2d indie platformer titles with the cursor keys is tragic.

I think he is saying that Dark Souls is famous because it doesn't have a cover system and it feels like a remake of an old game. He is crazy.

Wanny

Same here. Hopefully someone can figure something out.

Also this is what the ENB dev has to say about Dark Souls:

IoUEf.png

Lmao

I never liked ENB. Fake looking bullshit. Also, he sounds like an ass. I'll be sure I don't ever support enb again. Games look better without it anyway.

Durante is a god and he's just jealous.

Are you sure the rendered image isn't stretched as well, because I think that looks a bit like it?

For me it did stretch the rendered image too. My character looked all tall and funny. This is not a real fix imho.

mr_nothin

Banned
Agreed, I've had a few chats with him and though he is technical genius, he's not the type of person I really like.

Yea he's an ass but there's also a language barrier. He's probably playing with mouse/keyboard and YES the game is horrible with a mouse and keyboard. I can see the genius in the game but I just refuse to keep playing with m+kb because it really is a horrible experience that way.

Top Bottom