• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT2| Praise the Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVIDICAN

It feels like everyone is dieing/going hollow after you get the lordvessel, firelink shrine is starting to look empty. :(
crestfallen warrior leaves to new londo, goes hollow.
Laurentius goes to blighttown, goes hollow.(I really liked him. ;_;)
Logan goes to dukes archive, goes insane/hollow.
Lautrec goes full asshole and leaves
Anastacia is killed by aforementioned asshole. (for a while at least)
Rhea is either murdered by her dick brother, or goes to dukes archive for some stupid reason, goes hollow.
Solaire gets taken over by a chaos bug, goes insane(not hollow! woot! I missed a bug on accident :( )
I'm feeling sad. ;_;

sixghost

JVIDICAN said:
It feels like everyone is dieing/going hollow after you get the lordvessel, firelink shrine is starting to look empty. :(
Rhea is either murdered by her dick brother, or goes to dukes archive for some stupid reason, goes hollow.
Solaire gets taken over by a chaos bug, goes insane(not hollow! woot! I missed a bug on accident :( )
I'm feeling sad. ;_;
Yeah, I thought that was a very poetic way of showing how horrible the world is in the game. I really liked having a full camp in Firelink, then it was just slowly stripped down to even less than when you started.

2Crisis

A little easter egg I noticed. While taking the waterwheel down in Blighttown, if you look across to the other wheel you'll notice something inside that is making it run.

One of the tiny flame dogs is walking like it's in a hamster wheel lol

branny

sixghost said:
Yeah, I thought that was a very poetic way of showing how horrible the world is in the game. I really liked having a full camp in Firelink, then it was just slowly stripped down to even less than when you started.
Considering that
spending time with NPCs by talking to them in various areas is the only thing that can save most of them, it's a pretty remarkable way of subtly showing how humanity withers away without companionship.

Kyoufu said:
I'm guessing the archer that drops Pharis bow fell off a cliff. lol

This fucking happened to me. I start my game and suddenly I get +2000 souls for nothing. I walk back into the forest and the entire place is aggro. I run up to the cat with all those guys chasing after me, try to speak some sense into her! But she says I'm a horrible hollow, and the congo line catches up to me and I'm toast.

Someone said to go directly to blighttown directly after joining that covenant?

Anywhoo, I started a new game. I'm blowing through the first parts like butter..

2Crisis

JVIDICAN said:
I'm feeling sad. ;_;

I think the most downer thing ever is if you
attack Gwynever and turn All of Aron Londo empty and dark :( :(

Where is the
Dark Sun Gwyndolin
boss? I was pretty sure I covered every inch of every zone, but after just beating the game, I noticed I'm missing the trophy here, and I looked up the trophy list and it says this is a boss that I just completely missed somehow.

sayonara 4 kings. bitches get stitches. :lol

cpp_is_king said:
Where is the
Dark Sun Gwyndolin
boss? I was pretty sure I covered every inch of every zone, but after just beating the game, I noticed I'm missing the trophy here, and I looked up the trophy list and it says this is a boss that I just completely missed somehow.

twisting bridge in anor londo. lower as far as possible... you need to have either killed gwynevere or have dark moon seance ring. either way, statue behind bonfire will vanish, giving you access to his fog gate.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
2Crisis said:
A little easter egg I noticed. While taking the waterwheel down in Blighttown, if you look across to the other wheel you'll notice something inside that is making it run.

LOL yeah that shit made me laugh so hard when I saw it the first time.

2Crisis said:

Wonder if you could kill it with an incredibly lucky bow shot with Hawk Ring.

Soma

2Crisis said:
I think the most downer thing ever is if you
attack Gwynever and turn All of Aron Londo empty and dark :( :(
I didn't think it was that bad since (fairly big spoiler depending on where you're at in the game)
the Gwynevere you see in the game was never actually 'real' anyhow

sixghost

branny said:
Considering that
spending time with NPCs by talking to them in various areas is the only thing that can save most of them, it's a pretty remarkable way of subtly showing how humanity withers away without companionship.
I love how the NPCs are used in this game. Almost everything the NPCs say is significant in some way.

Especially poor "Crestfallen Warrior". I just wanted to ring the bells and help him snap out of his funk.
I felt like shit after realizing he was the Hollow that you fought in the beginning of New Londo. He was the last of my NPCs to leave.
Although when I attacked him after starting a throwaway game, I thought it was hilarious when he said "I may be crestfallen, but..." something something. The name reminded me of Persona 4 NPCs.

corrosivefrost said:
sayonara 4 kings. bitches get stitches. :lol

twisting bridge in anor londo. lower as far as possible... you need to have either killed gwynevere or have dark moon seance ring. either way, statue behind bonfire will vanish, giving you access to his fog gate.

Oh does it have to do with the lever on the bridge? Every time I pulled it it said "Contraption does not move". Never figured out what it did.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
cpp_is_king said:
Oh does it have to do with the lever on the bridge? Every time I pulled it it said "Contraption does not move". Never figured out what it did.

Nah, it's the big twisting one in the middle. You raise it up to make a shorcut, but you can actually lower it TWICE, which gets you to him.

sixghost

cpp_is_king said:
I don't think it's that particular lever. You get that message when you try to pull a lever that brings a lift to your level when the lift is already at your level. I think you just have to push the thing in the very middle of the gargoyle bridge a 2nd time. The same thing that you interacted with to lower it the first time.

Yes to the guy below me. Fighting either Gwyndolin or Gwynevre make her hostile. I think she drops a firekeeper soul though, so if you are about to finish your game, you might as well.

Zeliard

Papercuts said:
Nah, it's the big twisting one in the middle. You raise it up to make a shorcut, but you can actually lower it TWICE, which gets you to him.

Does fighting him make the firekeeper at the Anor Lando bonfire go hostile?

Luigi87

I sort of want to cry...
In the Garden beyond the sealed door,
spent over an hour understanding the area, finally finding that damn invisible bow user, went toe-to-toe, was doing so good keeping her from the cliff... Then another enemy aggro'd, took care of him, went back to focus on her... And well, anyone can guess what happened... No Black Bow of Pharis for me...

sixghost said:
I don't think it's that particular lever. You get that message when you try to pull a lever that brings a lift to your level when the lift is already at your level. I think you just have to push the thing in the very middle of the gargoyle bridge a 2nd time. The same thing that you interacted with to lower it the first time.

Meh, what annoys me is that i thought i would be able to go finish stuff up after beating the last boss. Like the game would turn sandbox until i was ready to go onto NG+. :( now with other stuff coming out i may be done with Dark Souls for a while

sixghost

Luigi87 said:
I sort of want to cry...
In the Garden beyond the sealed door,
spent over an hour understanding the area, finally finding that damn invisible bow user, went toe-to-toe, was doing so good keeping her from the cliff... Then another enemy aggro'd, took care of him, went back to focus on her... And well, anyone can guess what happened... No Black Bow of Pharis for me...
I must have gotten extremely lucky, people seem to have a ton of trouble killing Pharis without knocking him off the cliff. I didn't even realize he was a unique enemy until he was dead.

cpp_is_king said:
Meh, what annoys me is that i thought i would be able to go finish stuff up after beating the last boss. Like the game would turn sandbox until i was ready to go onto NG+. :( now with other stuff coming out i may be done with Dark Souls for a while

For me what happened is I didn't even realize I was fighting the final boss when I fought him, and when the fight was over I was just like "oooo bonfire time to warp out of here!" and then the game ended... I was really mad...

Papercuts

Zeliard said:
Does fighting him make the firekeeper at the Anor Lando bonfire go hostile?

yup! I accidentally entered the fog gate which makes the boss fight trigger, used a bone to get out, and had to kill the girl at the bonfire.

Ken

Papercuts said:
yup! I accidentally entered the fog gate which makes the boss fight trigger, used a bone to get out, and had to kill the girl at the bonfire.
Any way to get her armor?

hteng

Banned
Mr_Appleby said:
ornstein's soul is in the bag. armour better be half decent for the trouble.

3rd best armor in the game behind stone giant armor set and havel's armor set. can't be upgraded but has very high base stats.

zlatko

Banned
cpp_is_king said:
Ahhhhh, just beat the game. Was hoping for a bit longer ending with more cinematic, but it still felt damn good. Went with the
Dark Lord ending
, wouldn't have it any other way.

Just in time for Batman. 75 hours play time total, SL 79

The real question is with the ending you picked did you know that it's

the good ending.

hteng said:
3rd best armor in the game behind stone giant armor set and havel's armor set. can't be upgraded but has very high base stats.

well tbh the main motivation was to add to my animal hat collection :)

just realised something though.. on one of my earlier tries i killed ornstein first and he dropped the leo ring...

Leo Ornstein

:O

Papercuts

Ken said:

It looks like it's the same as the Shiny Brass set, the guide says that's in Anor Londo somewhere. She doesn't drop it though.

I also see that there's...a helmet of a mimic? Like literally a chest on your head with a tongue sticking out, really rare drop that gives +200 to item discovery, drains your hp at 5 per second, 20% boost to souls dropped, and major reduction to stamina. I must have it.

duckroll

Ken said:

Are you guys really such monsters that you would kill anyone or do any immoral act just for a cool piece of armor?! I thought I saw the worst in humanity in the Fallout New Vegas threads, but now I'm seeing it all over again! You sick bastards! :D

Booshka

Blighttown is so much easier the second time through, put on all my Gold hemmed gear with high poison resist and just got through it quickly. Game is still easy so far, we'll see if I start getting my ass kicked soon.

It is amazing how pissed of I am at the Capra Demon... I even contemplated selling the game

I am level 36 dammit. I have played 30 hours, and I have rang one bell. I have been taking my sweet time. I should not be stuck.

I have looked at the IGN video and the one from EpicNameBro and neither strategy works for me, I just die 30 fucking times.

I HAVE KILLED A DRAGON. WHY ARE YOU SO TOUGH?

Why do you fight in a small room. WHY?

Also, fuck your dogs. Fuck you and them.

TP

I just forged Quelaag's Furysword and was pleasantly surprised with its Forward+R1
Are there any other weapons with a unique Forward+R1?

Dresden

HEY IZALITH

FUCK

YOU

God, even my eyes hurt. Ugly, chugging zone filled with
jumping undead T-Rexes, tons of lava, and the constant sound of the character's body getting scorched as he tromples on through.

Papercuts

duckroll said:
Are you guys really such monsters that you would kill anyone or do any immoral act just for a cool piece of armor?! I thought I saw the worst in humanity in the Fallout New Vegas threads, but now I'm seeing it all over again! You sick bastards! :D

It was much more worth it instead to kill her to make my estus flasks better. Tastes so gooood.

duckroll

Jeo said:
I just forged Quelaag's Furysword and was pleasantly surprised with its Forward+R1
Are there any other weapons with a unique Forward+R1?

Don't many weapons have different attacks for dashing+R1, R1, R2, etc? I know some don't, but many do.

TP

duckroll said:
Don't many weapons have different attacks for dashing+R1, R1, R2, etc? I know some don't, but many do.

Most of them do yeah but with every other weapon I have I get a kick with Forward+R1.
With Quelaag's Furysword I get a slash then backflip

so cool

Dresden

Jeo said:
Most of them do yeah but with every other weapon I have I get a kick with Forward+R1.

so cool
I think that's just the moveset for falchions and scimitars.

duckroll

Jeo said:

so cool

Ooooh. I see what you mean now. There are some other forward+R1 modifications I've heard about, like if you get infected by an egg, and you let it grow to maturity. Your forward+R1 attack turns into this gross head-worm attack. Lol.

shaneskim

Keyser Soze said:
It is amazing how pissed of I am at the Capra Demon... I even contemplated selling the game

I am level 36 dammit. I have played 30 hours, and I have rang one bell. I have been taking my sweet time. I should not be stuck.

I have looked at the IGN video and the one from EpicNameBro and neither strategy works for me, I just die 30 fucking times.

Ditto. Ha ha.

It'll happen eventually.

hteng

Banned
Keyser Soze said:

Dark Souls |OT3| of rage quitting at capra demon.

but really, hold sprint while you enter the fog.

1.) If you see Capra pulling his cleavers over his head, then just calmly run pass him

2.) If you see Capra readying for a horizontal sweep, then roll pass him

don't bother killing the dogs down there, run up the stairs and sit at the corner, kill the dogs there, Capra will pursue and he can get to your corner but he might glitch out sometimes.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
hteng said:
Sen's Fortress, the giant knight at the corner will respawn, he drops chunks.
Hmm I thought I have been all through Sen's Fortress but I have not seen him! I am headed there anywhere to buy more Shards so I guess that is my next stop!

hteng

Banned
Label said:
Hmm I thought I have been all through Sen's Fortress but I have not seen him! I am headed there anywhere to buy more Shards so I guess that is my next stop!

he is outside, before you run up to kill that pesky undead archer that shoots you. instead of taking the left staircase, take the right walkway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom