• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksider 3 is completely broken on PS4 pro

assurdum

Banned
So after have abandoned it time ago (got it free via PSN plus subscription) I tried to reload it. I have had a good amount of fun for a couple of hours, then the game started to freeze repeatedly and I was quite close to end it. So I reboot my pro, nothing to do, save corrupted or whatever. Armed of patience I tried to restart it from the beginning, still the same issue. Game starts to freeze with a loading icon, works shortly and continue to load to the infinite. I rebuild the database, nope, I reinstalled it in the internal HDD nope again. I'm genuinely asking how the fuck is possible this game is downloadable on PSN? Thanks to God I haven't spent a single penny on it.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Well that's THQ Nordic, they get some points for releasing sequels of niche series which were destined to be left and forgotten, but the quality of their games and remasters/re-releases is generally poor. I remember reading about very bad state of Titan Quest on the consoles and even months later they didn't fix everything.

assurdum

Banned
That's a pity because the game wasn't absolutely bad and definitely better of the second. Anyway I haven't any troubles in the previous chapters, it's annoying as hell I can't finish it.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Well that's THQ Nordic, they get some points for releasing sequels of niche series which were destined to be left and forgotten, but the quality of their games and remasters/re-releases is generally poor. I remember reading about very bad state of Titan Quest on the consoles and even months later they didn't fix everything.

Get that pitchfork outta your ass. I enjoyed and finished Darksiders 3 on Xbox!

xrnzaaas

Wha? I have several THQ games on my PS4 and pretty much all of them are very far from perfection. Some games can crash, other have frame drops despite being old, previous gen games. I'm not against THQN in any way, I just wish they released more polished products.

Never had a single problem like this in the other games I have. And I have an external HDD with the same issue. Maybe I should try to redownload it.
I could try to download it (re-joined the ps plus yesterday) but with my slow connection I do not have idea when it will be playable. The issue happens from chapter one or a specific one?

SSfox

I loved the game, but it was buggy AF, Blue screen city all day, but the game was really good and in the spirit of Part 1 and the main character Fury is super dope too.

Best trick to avoid blue screen and freeze is to not go back in a location you were a moment a go, i would suspect a SSD would minimise bugs in this game maybe.

Good for you, i finished it too on PS4 amateur, the game is a technical mess on everything including PC! Stuttering, freezing, bad frame pacing and prone to crashes.

The reality is Gunfire Games had only a couple of guys from Vigil (RIP) and had a very short time to develop the game along with a low budget, significantly lower than that of DS2!

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
I could try to download it (re-joined the ps plus yesterday) but with my slow connection I do not have idea when it will be playable. The issue happens from chapter one or a specific one?
So I redownload it. It works! But when I'm dead, it lost all my progression after a couple of hours of walkthrough. I'm...exaperate. I have to give up :messenger_pensive:

Last edited:

Areiz

Banned
So after have abandoned it time ago (got it free via PSN plus subscription) I tried to reload it. I have had a good amount of fun for a couple of hours, then the game started to freeze repeatedly and I was quite close to end it. So I reboot my pro, nothing to do, save corrupted or whatever. Armed of patience I tried to restart it from the beginning, still the same issue. Game starts to freeze with a loading icon, works shortly and continue to load to the infinite. I rebuild the database, nope, I reinstalled it in the internal HDD nope again. I'm genuinely asking how the fuck is possible this game is downloadable on PSN? Thanks to God I haven't spent a single penny on it.
But the Ps4 Pro isn't an upgraded Ps4 standard?

Top Bottom