• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition Officially Announced

Arttemis

I wish both games were included, but the combat mechanics in the sequel were much more enjoyable. By the wording, it sounds like the first may be getting a remaster at some point, too - not like it would be terribly difficult to do considering its existing PC version.

I would happily replay this game, though! Great fun! Hopefully it leads to Darksiders 3!

Kas

Played the first one once and found it to be a great game. Played it again and my god did I hate it.

Never played the second one, despite owning it for the 360. I'll totally get this day one though, if I can find a good deal on it.

I'd" deathinitely grab this up if I didn't already beat it and completed the DLC but it should be a treat for those who jump in, loved the combat and hope we get a Darksiders 3 down the line.

Normally an HD upgrade of a game like this would annoy the hell out of me, but if this is what they need to do to stoke the fires of that IP and eventually get me DS3, then go for it.

Grief.exe

No 60fps? :(

I see no reason why this game couldn't run at 60fps...

Pretty disappointing.

How have other remasters been performing in terms of frame rate?

Disappointing. I already have it on PC though, so there is no point in getting this

Remasters in a nutshell.

Normally an HD upgrade of a game like this would annoy the hell out of me, but if this is what they need to do to stoke the fires of that IP and eventually get me DS3, then go for it.

They seem to be implying that from the press release. I would like to see more from this franchise.

How have other remasters been performing in terms of frame rate?

Remasters in a nutshell.

They seem to be implying that from the press release. I would like to see more from this franchise.

TLOU, Diablo, Tomb Raider are the only ones I own and they are all great technically.

A remaster no one really asked for that doesn't even run at 60fps? Come on now

It's like they came up with the pun and just figured out hey, we have to make this now!

jesu

I like it originally on the 360 but this is one HD remaster I don't really need.
Maybe when it's cheap.

Game was great but I don't need to play it again. Also is this finally confirmed for XB1?

Just finished it on 360, this sums up my feelings as well. And why not make it a collection and include the first one? Seems silly because new players aren't going to want to jump in with the second in a franchise.

Dahbomb

Not 60FPS means it's not a purchase for me unfortunately. PC version is good enough for me.

Don't know the extent of these balance and loot changes. Game definitely needs some balance changes because it's too easy to cheese game with Wrath/Life steal mechanics. I think main issue with the game was some of the quest design which doesn't seem to be fixed here.

oNA3yRk.jpg

xD2pYOz.png
Lso7Hhe.png

Who greenlit this stupid title

jeez

wonder how well the dlc is "integrated"

like argus is a totally cut off section all by itself. I remember on the wiiu version you have to select it from the main menu.

Yeah, I'll be picking up the game. There's a part of the game that is too long and becomes boring for a few hours, but the rest is absolutely worth it. It was a great experience.

Mister D

I bought this game and the first one during a Steam sale for like $3 each or something. I really need to get around to playing them since I really liked the art style.

Top Bottom