• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition Officially Announced

oNA3yRk.jpg

3GRR1q2.gif

Red Hood

Banned
I just want them to make good on the sequel tease at the end of Darksiders 1. If this helps them do that I'm in.

I think (hope) the true sequel to DS1 will be DS4. I used to say one game for each of the horsemen and then finish it all with the 5th, but that would be a little too paddling since the series didn't sell so well, so as far as I'm concerned Strife and Fury can share a game (co-op) and then end the quadrilogy with DS4 (taking place after DS1).

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
ill definitely get this. played the first one and loved it. couldnt get hooked to the 2nd because of things... will give this a 2nd replay.

hopefully its not 60.

My main issue when I tried to play this on last gen consoles was the frame rate and tearing issues. I am really tired of these "remasters" that don't actually run better than their last gen counterparts. TLOU and Tomb Raider are the only remasters that actually played well imo.

BL2 seems pretty good on xbone but the presequel is riddled with frame rate and tearing issues.

I would want 60 fps for this but if it is a SOLID 30 fps with no tearing I think I could give this a go!

Kssio_Aug

I have never played enough of the second game. So if this become something trully interesting I may get that later!

RickD

I'm guessing the reasoning behind releasing this is more for a PR piece. Just to get the Darksiders name back out there again for a third game..

Begaria

Hey, as long as it all leads to Darksiders 3, I'm good. Darksiders 2 was good, albeit a little bit disappointing that it became a ARPG instead of sticking with Action/Adventure like Darksiders 1. We need more "Zelda-esque" games and Darksiders 1 quickly became one of my favourites in Action/Adventure. Hopefully Darksiders 3 goes back to that.

Ushay

Death-initive. Holy shit what were they thinking? LMAO

Also let me get this right, it's a remaster that's exclusive to a single platform? Fuck that. I'm really starting to hate these 3rd party deals (Tomb Raider, Street Fighter etc).

Newboi

The only thing I hated about Darksiders 2 is that New Game+ could only be done once...WHAT???? I finally get super brokenly powerful and I can't replay the game....

As a word of advice for people new to Darksiders 2, SPEC FOR CRIT!!! Ignore base strength and other weapon attributes if they aren't related to critical damange.

The best weapons give you high crit rate chance, high crit damage multipliers, and percentage health steal on crit.

Cleve

30fps? You almost had me triple dipping. Almost.

I hope they don't try to sell this at more than $20 being just a res bump. Come on, a 6 year old pc could run this game at 1080p/60.

Hey, as long as it all leads to Darksiders 3, I'm good. Darksiders 2 was good, albeit a little bit disappointing that it became a ARPG instead of sticking with Action/Adventure like Darksiders 1. We need more "Zelda-esque" games and Darksiders 1 quickly became one of my favourites in Action/Adventure. Hopefully Darksiders 3 goes back to that.

I don't get this either. Darksiders 2 doesn't deviate from being a Zelda type game even though it mixes it up a bit. Collect items and abilities that open up new traversal methods that allow access to previously closed off areas or secrets.

Fury451

Banned
Outstanding! Now I can fall asleep while playing and eventually forget to finish it all over again.

Dat name tho...

Oh look at you all thinking you're too cool for the name "Deathinitive." Personally I think it's awesome. However the best news is that they're making a new Darksiders game.

I think the most important thing to take out of this announcement is that someone, somewhere came up with the name Deathinitive, and then another person actually gave it the go ahead...

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Are people just assuming it's 30 FPS because it doesn't explicitly say 60 FPS?

If they mention 1080p in the bullet points as a reason to upgrade, why wouldn't they also mention that it runs much smoother? That's an easy sales point for the more hardcore audience that's likely to be interested in this re-release.

Arttemis

I don't get this either. Darksiders 2 doesn't deviate from being a Zelda type game even though it mixes it up a bit. Collect items and abilities that open up new traversal methods that allow access to previously closed off areas or secrets.

I disagree, in that the differences were more profound. The open world of DS2 was far more similar to an MMO's world with many, small, instanced areas than a Zelda's overworld with large dungeons. The lack of detail in the sequel definitely felt like a step back compared to the first, but the combat mechanics more than made up for it, in my opinion.

I'd love to see the third game combine the superior combat and loot design from the sequel and the more structured overworld of the first - and improve upon all of it! And co-op.

I disagree, in that the differences were more profound. The open world of DS2 was far more similar to an MMO's world with many, small, instanced areas than a Zelda's overworld with large dungeons. The lack of detail in the sequel definitely felt like a step back compared to the first, but the combat mechanics more than made up for it, in my opinion.

I'd love to see the third game combine the superior combat and loot design from the sequel and the more structured overworld of the first - and improve upon all of it! And co-op.

I still don't see it. The overworld's size or the way it's interconnected isn't a fundamental property of a Zelda game.

Is it exclusive to PS4? No Xbox One version?

Edit: OK, comes to Xbox One as well according to Polygon. Seems Sony has marketing deal because only can find PS4 box art.

Carnby

Deathinitive is an unacceptable and gross title. Video games are serious and should be taken more seriously. It cannot be done with intellectually dishonest and patently wrong titles like this. No fun allowed.

Arttemis

I still don't see it. The overworld's size or the way it's interconnected isn't a fundamental property of a Zelda game.

DS2's many areas were littered with side quests, and the game reverted to reminding you of all the meaningless objectives with a quest tracker. It felt just as hollow as an MMO, as opposed to the design of the first game or Zelda games.

I really liked the game, but for other reasons. The shallow MMO world design was a big detractor, in my opinion.

Top Bottom