• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition Officially Announced

red731

happy-man.jpg

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Can't
Breathe

You said

What context brought you to that conclusion? I was inquiring how other Remasters performed.

I know what I said and my confusion remains. What do other remasters have to do with me looking at this game individually and making a statement about what I think the remaster's framerate should be based solely on what I've seen/played before? But to answer your first question - I don't think the visuals of the original versions with a few fancy updates warrants 30fps, I think these machines are more than powerful enough to run this at 60fps, which leads me to question if maybe this is just another cash grab with the maximum profit/minimum effort philosophy.

foxdvd

any word on cost? I would guess 49 which is still high. This needs to be 29.99 and I'll jump on it.
edit to say that it's 39.99...so now I'm on the fence.

Horrible name for this rerelease. It seems that they didnt do much to the game in terms of additions. Sounds more like a money grab, and a late one at that. Only thing of interest might be the reworked balancing and loot distribution.

All that said. Im buying it day one if it even increeases the chances of a Darksiders 3 by 1%. Love this series. DS1 was better than 2, but a third game might give us the remaining horsemen and maybe even coop, so gotta support the franchise. I hope it cost $30 though. Any higher would seem unfair.

Well.... looks like I'll finally be getting back into this franchise then since Nordic games is going to keep it going :)

Time to put a proper effort into Darksiders OG before this drops then...

Maffis

darksiders 2 was a bit of a disappointment; especially the ending segment. but it was still a better adventure than Skyward Sword.

Hopefully it sells well enough for them to consider a new game.

Darksiders 2 was my favorite, so I might be buying this version too.

It is pretty stupid of them to not included the first Darksiders as well, It would have made alot more sense to have both titles in an HD Collection.

Personally speaking as much as I love DS, I'm not getting this one, I still have both DS & DS2 on my PS3, I'm looking forward to whatever Nordic does next with the DS franchise, though I doubt they can do anything big.

Omega

Banned
We took over the franchise roughly 2 years ago and thought about the next chapter for Darksiders ever since then. Naturally (and extremely excitedly!), there will be a large-scale project based on Darksiders

pls be 4 player co-op where you use all the four horsemen.

Kieli

I'm really, really, really curious about the price of this remaster.

The game sometimes sells for as low as $5 on PC.

Who in their right mind would buy this remaster for more than $20? Are they going to pull a GoW3?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
for those of you saying you'd rather have a new game I guess yall don't realize that this is being released to gauge interest in a new game.

Unfortunately I will not be buying it since it does not have DS1.

Thats too damn bad. I would have happily replayed this series on PS4.

"“We took over the franchise roughly 2 years ago and thought about the next chapter for Darksiders ever since then. Naturally (and extremely excitedly!), there will be a large-scale project based on Darksiders"

more darksiders then

In twelve months: "What you've all been waiting for - we're very pleased to announce Darksiders: The HD Collection! Remastered in 30fps and at stunning 1080p for the next generation consoles, this amazing collection will only cost $80"

Cleve

for those of you saying you'd rather have a new game I guess yall don't realize that this is being released to gauge interest in a new game.

Unfortunately I will not be buying it since it does not have DS1.

Thats too damn bad. I would have happily replayed this series on PS4.

I'd rather have a new game, but I'd be super happy with DS 1&2 in one package at 1080/60 for $40.

This is missing all my marks. I'll just play it on steam in big picture mode. There's interest, but this really doesn't seem like a great way to gauge it.

Do I need to play the first one to enjoy the story?

Nope. The first one has a great setting and environment more than a really fleshed out story. The recap in 2 has you covered.

RPGCrazied

Sorry, as I said before I'm not buying it without the first game. Hell, I'd buy it in a separate HD release, but will not buy just a remaster of the 2nd game by itself. Thanks though.

TeddyBoy

I hated Darksiders 2 after loving Darksiders 1.

I'll maybe buy this game when it's in the bargain bin to show my support for the franchise but that's it.

Fonds

Wow... whats the ratio of original versus remaster releases at this point?

Darksiders really did not need an HD remaster.

Danneee

Too many actual current gen games getting announced and released now. There's literally no need for these dime a dozen games to get a half passed up port.

Who is handling the port? That is the question that needs answering. I need to know if I should be somewhat interested or extremely disappointed about this announcement.

Percy

Banned
Doesn't go far enough. Should be Deathinitive Deadition, now with full 1080p high deathinition visuals on Playstation Shi(Which is the Japanese word for four AND DEATH!).

Sober

• Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
So you hold onto other loot for like 5 more levels before you feed them into your scythes? LOL

The only good thing about DS2 is the combat, which even for me is fun. I couldn't get into stuff like DMC4 but DS2 was great in the combat department. Especially when one of the DLCs is a straight up 100 stage combat arena.

Tagyhag

Whats the difference between this and the $13.30 PC bundle (both games + all DLC) on steam right now?

• Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics

• Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution

• Cinematic 30 FPS

Corpekata

Banned
So you hold onto other loot for like 5 more levels before you feed them into your scythes? LOL

The only good thing about DS2 is the combat, which even for me is fun. I couldn't get into stuff like DMC4 but DS2 was great in the combat department. Especially when one of the DLCs is a straight up 100 stage combat arena.

Wasn't the arena in the base game? Or did they add a different one?

I don't see anything about 60fps, which is disappointing as I last played Darksiders 2 on PC where it ran like a dream.

My only problem with DS2 was the Earth level. Its just... bad. Felt rushed and seriously undercooked and overly repetitive and linear. But if they've redone Earth I'll want to jump in.

KiraXD

I believe the arena was back in the days of new copies only style DLC.

uh i dont think so... there are trophies linked to the arena.

edit:

Requires the Crucible Online Pass
To participate in the Crucible you must first redeem a Crucible pass that comes with every new copy of Darksiders 2. If you rented the game or bought it second hand you can purchase the code on the PSN. Once you have done so you need to complete the Dust to Dust trophy before you are "formally invited" to do the first stage of it. You will be notified via a tome sent to you that you can participate.*

weird... there are trophies for crucible but you need crucible pass... oh... its the online pass thing... so yeah it was included with all new copies.

Ascenion

I remember Darksiders 2 pretty well on PS3, so why isn't this 60fps? It isn't exactly what I'd call graphically intensive. Still I'll buy it if only to support Darksiders 3.

MattyG

Banned
So is this basically just going to be the PC version at max, or are there going to be other improvements? Because I absolutely adore Darksiders II, it's one of my favorite games of 2012 and I'd love to support a sequel, but I can pass if it's just the same thing I already have.

I disagree. I liked most things about DSII; my only real problem was that I wanted a sequel not a side-story to the first game, and in terms of its mission design there was too much padding and 'collect three of these things'.

Top Bottom