• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Wii U/PS4/XBO/PC) info and screenshots

Ushay

Seem like they are going back in numbered sequels... At this rate we will be getting another prequel.

I'm a huge fan so I will be picking both these games up (again) in hopes we get a third and hopefully properly developed too.

Once again, I consider myself blessed to have no eye for this mythical toxic effect. It's been explained to me multiple times, still have no idea how to spot it.

Remember those old red and blue pics you'd have to wear those red and blue glasses to see them in 3D? It's like that sort of.

Tagyhag

Once again, I consider myself blessed to have no eye for this mythical toxic effect. It's been explained to me multiple times, still have no idea how to spot it.

Chromatic_aberration_(comparison).jpg

Do these images look the same to you? You might have a superpower lol.

DMiz

That's lame. I can somewhat accept it being hard to think of a good moveset for Famine but Pestilence? Just be a Death Knight from WoW and slap fools with diseases.

It probably has more to do with the way the name sounds more than anything else. Death, for sure, works as a name, since we've seen several characters named Death and have also seen many anthropomorphic versions of Death. War works because it's short and monosyllabic.

Famine and Pestilence, though, are both multisyllabic, have not really been personified as names for gods (a la Death), and both suggest a sickly, ill-looking appearance.

I agree that going in the other direction - both Strife and Fury, which are aspects of Wrath - is not creatively the best decision, either, but I can see why it was done.

zma1013

Has any developer ever explained why they use CA? Do they think it looks cool or something? Are focus groups saying, "Guys... I gotta tell ya... needs more Chromatic Aberration."

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
And upping the resolution to native 1080p, doubling the texture resolution and 60FPS?

Didn't read those?

I played it on PC at 1080x60.

So they upped the texture resolution and then blurred the shit out of them with CA.

Yay.

Why would you expect them to mention you? You link to an official site with information.

Yeah true, just all of the sudden it spreads as if this thread never happened and sites act like they found it themselves you know?

Like I said, it doesn't really matter, I guess some recognition wouldn't hurt.

Oh well, you guys knew I found it. :p

Edit: No worries, not really bothered by it anymore. :)

Well damn, didn't expect this game would ever get the next gen treatment. I'll be getting this on WiiU so I can have both games on one platform. Plus, this will likely be one of the last AAA 3rd party games for the platform so you know it's going to be hella collectable in a few years.

Regginator

I hope that this is DS1. It's the better DS game between the two.

You can see the DS1 remaster box art, you can see War, you can see the post-apocalyptic Earth, you can read the description, etc. etc., so yeah, I think they'll re-re-release Darksiders II again. Unless there's another Darksiders I'm not aware of.

Played a demo of this year's ago, but never got around to it. Seems like a good chance to jump in, but I heard the franchise was dead, or stalled or something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the price if you already own the original?

It'll most likely be given to current owners for free a la Ds2's DE (console players aside, obviously). This time around there isn't a bunch of DLC for Nordic to take into account, but CZ/JP/PL/RU retail keys activate a region-specific version of the game, which will no doubt go unnoticed to begin with (I might send Nordic a reminder).

Whales

Banned
I didn't even care about the CA in bloodborne or any other game but in those screenshots it jumped in my face, it feels like waaay too much

hopefully you can turn it off

Xeteh

It'll most likely be given to current owners for free a la Ds2's DE (console players aside, obviously). This time around there isn't a bunch of DLC for Nordic to take into account, but CZ/JP/PL/RU retail keys activate a region-specific version of the game, which will no doubt go unnoticed to begin with (I might send Nordic a reminder).

That was frustrating because they only gave it for free if you bought the Franchise pack. I owned Darksiders 1 and bought Darksiders 2 at full price and I only got the option to pay for an ugprade. It was a bummer.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I think chromatic aberration looks cool. I'm part of the problem. :\

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That was frustrating because they only gave it for free if you bought the Franchise pack. I owned Darksiders 1 and bought Darksiders 2 at full price and I only got the option to pay for an ugprade. It was a bummer.

Wasn't that eventually corrected?

chromatic abrasion is when developers cut performance on any texture that's reflective, it saves CPU power but makes anything metallic have a distinctive foggy look.

GhostBed

In for the Wii U version. Love me some third party Wii u games.

Tried playing it a few years back and couldn't really get into it but excited to give it another go.

Top Bottom