• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darkstalkers Resurrection |OT| aaaAAAaaa!!! Real monsters!

Skilletor

I don't think so. Marvel 2 pretty much improved on the earlier games all-around, so picking that up for online play would probably be the better option. I don't know how active Marvel Origins is online either.

I think Marvel 2 is a downgrade in every way from just about every previous capcom vs or marvel title.

But I can't find anybody online in Marvel Origins, so I couldn't recommend it if you plan on playing online for competition.

I tend to favour local or player matches with friends when it comes to fighting games... in part because I'm not so great at them (I have fun though, and that's all that matters to me).

I do like me some achievements though for reasons hither-to unknown to man or science, so I know I'll have to play some ranked in fighters eventually.

MVsC:O suits me fine in that regard because I can play local or online without having to worry about those pesky ranked achievements, and I've been having plenty of fun doing just that.

vocab

Getting real tired of playing fine for like 4-7 matches, and then Ill have a long string of matches where it runs fun, and then the game disconnects mid match 5-6 times in a row. I hate consoles.

I would like to get the physical copy of the game for the PS3. I'm assuming Asia would have English text. Would that be my best bet?

Beckx

Okay, got home and have had some time with the e-capcom JP 360 release. My net conclusion here is that you probably don't want to pay the cost for importing unless you're a serious collector *or* you're SolarPowered (see below :)

• The game is region locked.
  • On my JP 360, I don't get the option to install the game to the hard drive. I've never seen this before.
  • Defaults to English on my JP 360 when I'm using my US tag w/ NA region set. NOTE: I mean the Iron Galaxy text is in English. Once you start playing, things like win quotes are in Japanese.
  • Even though game is in English, the character names are the JP versions - so if you're looking for an English language copy that uses Lei-Lei, Zabel, etc. (in English!), and where the games themselves are called Vampire Hunter and Vampire Savior, you want this. (Hi, Solar!)
  • The soundtrack that came with the limited edition only has 5 tracks. Pitiful. Not even sure yet if any of it is actual game music. Atlus throws this kind of thing in as a freebie (P4A), it's shameful to charge a premium "limited" price *JUST* for adding this disc.

All in all I'm glad I got it, but wish I'd gone for the regular, not the limited version.

Jharp

I haven't heard a peep about this game outside of GAF, and even then it's largely contained to this thread. I hope, for the sake of all you Darkstalkers fans, that doesn't reflect poorly on fan interest in a actual new entry to the series.

alstein

Game still has action online at least for Savior and even Hunter. The split hurts both games a bit, but it's not Skullgirls dead in terms of online.

Wish more folks played Hunter though, I just enjoy it more, it's less frantic/spastic.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So I haven't touched Darkstalkers since playing DS3 on PS1 when it first came out.

Like a proper idiot I started this up and immediately went online with Demitri for a match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1c4FZeqt9I

(Mainly I wanted to test the Youtube uploading.)

Doing character trials now, and starting to get into it though.

Kajiba

Game still has action online at least for Savior and even Hunter. The split hurts both games a bit, but it's not Skullgirls dead in terms of online.

Wish more folks played Hunter though, I just enjoy it more, it's less frantic/spastic.

I always love the levels more in hunter than savior. Online community is still pretty strong after week though. Hopefully more people come and continue to play the game later down road.

I haven't heard a peep about this game outside of GAF, and even then it's largely contained to this thread. I hope, for the sake of all you Darkstalkers fans, that doesn't reflect poorly on fan interest in a actual new entry to the series.
Eh, it could be worse. We got a pretty good port on our hands. That means a lot.

I've seen some interest around, but I could understand why some people wouldn't be too hyped about this release.

Unless you're a hardcore purist, this version lacks a lot of content that casuals and people new to the series would expect/want. (A complete roster, for example.) Hopefully the rumored DLC will remedy this.

vocab

gg's. I suck at defense in this game. Fucking airblocking and being able to still attack is really hard to adjust to. I loled at the anak play. Im like oh my god this guy controls like a tank. oh my god Im rushing him down. Oh shit how do i run out of the corner.

Tizoc

Agreed. Unless active online is a dealbreaker, the package is worth it for the joy of playing MSH.

Tizoc, might want to update the OP to note the JP 360 disc is region locked.

Will do soon, I'll aslo edit the Guard Cancel entry~

Ugh, if there's one character that's always giving me problem no matter what, it's the fish. How do I deal with him? I main Talbain, but like to use Hsien-ko and Morrigan from time to time too.

Onemic

Ugh, if there's one character that's always giving me problem no matter what, it's the fish. How do I deal with him? I main Talbain, but like to use Hsien-ko and Morrigan from time to time too.

same. Can never get in, I can only let him get in on me :(

FSLink

Banned
Not sure if it was posted here yet but I received my PS3 retail Japan copy and it plays in English on my US PS3 with Japan names (Vampire Savior, Lei-Lei, etc.) It also acts like an actual retail game, it isn't like JPN Okami HD or Marvel vs Capcom 2 where you have to install the game and have the disk in to authenticate.

Tizoc

Not sure if it was posted here yet but I received my PS3 retail Japan copy and it plays in English on my US PS3 with Japan names (Vampire Savior, Lei-Lei, etc.)

Truth be told I always expected the PS3 ver. to be region-free =P

Speaking of tutorials. The difference between the ingame ones of Hunters and Savior...sheesh, you can really see where their priorities where.

Not STRICTLY related, but can anyone point me to that doctored screenshot of Morrigan's sprite imported into pixel-like blocks in Street Fighter IV?

Nyoro SF

Time to buckle down. Anyone got any pro Hsien-ko footage for me to study? Or is she like Yukiko and Jam in that no one plays her either? :p

alstein

Notice folks really don't like playing zoners in this game.

It's much more viable in Hunter, where the game doesn't move at Turbo 10. Makes the game more interesting.

Rotanibor

The secret of Sako's god tier Lei-Lei is finally getting out. We were all going wtf when he had played us with her at a few of those SoCal events.

GG. Losing to you makes me feel like my Fish is inadequate. Your dash pressure is amazing. You must teach me.

Going to go cry now. ; _ ;

Thanks. Honestly, I think you pick your spots better for gas and are better at confirming into hunter chains for knockdowns. That's something that you and Actionhank are good at and also something I need to get better at.

supahkiwi

Banned

Be on point with blocking or anti-airing their jump-ins. Once they start backing off and jumping back in their corning, you could start your offense with dash in with cr.lp, cr.lk. Most fishmen like to hold up-back, so I find it a good time to use a tick throw OS set-up (jab xx command dash, throw with Forward+K). If they jump back you will hit them with an option select anti-jump/anti-air attack.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan

It looks like Morrigan is throwing up the Shocker there.

220px-Shocker_example.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I managed a 5 win streak and am back in the 2500! Also, is it me or the online population is winding down rather quickly? :S

Beckx

Argh. Raptor's 2nd tutorial is way harder than any of his other ones. It also preys on my weakness, going from cr to standing moves.

Top Bottom