• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Chappelle - Collection 1 |OT| Netflix Standup Special - It's a Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

1upsuper

Really enjoyed the first episode. Chappelle definitely hasn't lost his touch. Looking forward to starting the second one.

These O.J jokes 😂😂😂😂😂😁😁😁😁😁😂😂😂😂

SeanC

Both compliment each other really well. Second one seems more loose, also far, far more explicit and sexual. The ending payoff is great - you won't see it coming.

Permanently A

"You was in on the heist, you just don't like the cut"

large.jpg

I liked the first one more than the second. The first one had better call-backs and structuring.

Yeah, it had the OJ encounters, the gay super hero call back at the end and the Cosby rape allegations.

The second one seems to have a worse recording and seems more like polishing his routine.

I'm pleased by the two hours. Wish they would've strung them out.

And I'm surprised by the Key and Peele comment.

Air

Banned
Just finished the second episode and thought it was great. His kid crying like tupac and the sandwich jokes were great. Can't wait for the 3rd show.

In episode 1 the crowd keeps changing? First black girl and then fat white guy.

Different crowd

I'm pretty sure for most of these big shows they just edit the best bits of all of the comedians shows into one piece.

How has someone not shopped the zoomed in image of EvilLore yet? I know the quality would likely be shit but still...Someone put up the Suhni Signal?

Sheroking

First one was solid, second was exceptional.

I'll be interested to see what the special he's doing exclusively for Netflix looks like later this year.

Still can't believe that he gets 60 million dollars for this and Chris rock 40...

Well, even Chris thinks Dave is better.

Well, even Chris thinks Dave is better.

Outside of quality (which is obviously subjective), Dave reclused himself at the absolute height of his popularity. Many of us have been craving his return to the public eye for years, living off of youtube bootlegs and the like. Meanwhile, Chris has always been here turning out movies and new comedy specials fairly regularly. Of course the harder to get, more in demand person got paid more.

Still can't believe that he gets 60 million dollars for this and Chris rock 40...
He's getting $60 for 3 specials.

Rock's getting $40 for 1.

Fuck, Seinfeld's getting $100 mil for all of Comedians in Cars, two stand-up specials, and a production deal. He's effectively getting $45-50 million per special.

I think that says it all.

rothgar

I watched the Austin one cause I went to the show that same night, but I went to the early show. I believe the one on Netflix is the later show.The whole extortion bit had me on the floor.

LionPride

Banned
Yo this shit is hilarious, I expect some thinkpieces asking if Dave is Transphobic or homophobic, that's about it.

This joke about pronouns is gonna catch some heat definitely

Hari Seldon

My god I haven't laughed at a comedy special this much in a long time. Dave is the GOAT. I only watched the first one but I heard the second one was even better.

Trey

Yo this shit is hilarious, I expect some thinkpieces asking if Dave is Transphobic or homophobic, that's about it.

This joke about pronouns is gonna catch some heat definitely

This special being on netflix for everyone to see instead of discussing first hand accounts of what he said at his closed door shows might rekindle the flames of the discussion, but the exact joke that started the controversy in the first place is the point of contention in this special.

I doubt the talk will be substantively different than it was before.

LionPride

Banned
This special being on netflix for everyone to see instead of discussing first hand accounts of what he said at his closed door shows might rekindle the flames of the discussion, but the exact joke that started the controversy in the first place is the point of contention in this special.

I doubt the talk will be substantively different than it was before.

Like, not all of his LGBTQ jokes hit, for me the one about prison dudes being the Q in LGBTQ was interesting. The amount if times he said tranny had me feeling some type of way, but he's like 43 and he isn't transphobic or homophobic, at least I don't think so.

see5harp

Super excited for Seinfeld and chris rock. I think a lot of young people might not realize how tight of a show Seinfeld puts on. It's like he's distilled every single joke and the timing to a diamond.

LionPride

Banned
Super excited for Seinfeld and chris rock. I think a lot of young people might not realize how tight of a show Seinfeld puts on. It's like he's distilled every single joke and the timing to a diamond.

He's very very tight with his jokes, he times every detail to a tee. He cares for his craft

My god I haven't laughed at a comedy special this much in a long time. Dave is the GOAT. I only watched the first one but I heard the second one was even better.

Although I love Dave, before this he has exactly one first rate stand up special. Chapelle show was great as well, but when it comes to content and volume of comedy specials, there's Carlin and then there's everyone else.

crustikid

What's considered the peak Seinfeld comedy special? Also, he generally does PG-rated comedy, iirc (I remember his peers tease him about it somewhere here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKY6BGcx37k I'm too lazy to find the timestamp).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom