• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Milch (Deadwood,Luck) is getting a new pilot on HBO (Update: Not going forward)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought John from Cincinnati was probably one of the funniest shows i've ever seen

I mean it wasn't a worthy successor to Deadwood by any means, but I had fun with it.

"Now we're boning"

Solo

I thought John from Cincinnati was probably one of the funniest shows i've ever seen

I mean it wasn't a worthy successor to Deadwood by any means, but I had fun with it.

"Now we're boning"

It had its moments, but its very definitely Deadwood > Luck >>>>> John as far as Milch's HBO work goes.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I had way more fun with John from Cincinnati than I ever expected given the subject matter. Loved the characters, and the quirky religious stuff actually worked for me.

Also need Michael Mann to get off his ass and make another feature.

He's shooting one right now. Cyber, with Chris Hemsworth, Viola Davis, Tang Wei, and Wang Leehom.

Dan

Is he? For some reason I thought I'd read that he'd dropped out of that project.

Excellent news then.

Nope, it's well underway, been filming for nearly 2 months now. I can't wait to see how Michael Mann shoots Hong Kong. To the surprise of no one, they've done a ton of night shoots out there.

Solo

Nope, it's well underway, been filming for nearly 2 months now. I can't wait to see how Michael Mann shoots Hong Kong. To the surprise of no one, they've done a ton of night shoots out there.

More digital nighttime shooting ala Collateral and MV? And in Hong Kong?

My god, this is going to be an absolutely fucking gorgeous film. Public Enemies aside, I don't know if I enjoy how anyone shoots digitally more than Mann.

More digital nighttime shooting ala Collateral and MV? And in Hong Kong?

My god, this is going to be an absolutely fucking gorgeous film. Public Enemies aside, I don't know if I enjoy how anyone shoots digitally more than Mann.

His episode of Luck was some of the best looking TV ever.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So if everybody waits to see if it gates cancelled, and because of that it gets cancelled, who do we blame?

ibr8JH7iD0sZej.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Should I bother with JFC?

I'm not really hurting for TV shows to watch at the moment, but does it at least have classic Milch dialogue?

Blader

Damn, I should really get around to watching Deadwood. I just went through a marathon of like 25 westerns too. :lol

Fuck yeah.

Let's hope this one is not a doomed TV show though, Milch always had bad luck with his projects.

And Deadwood is one of the best series of this century, even if it was axed after only three seasons.

HBO COCKSUCKAH

Timbuktu

I skipped on Luck because of the cancellation.
I'll follow this, though.

Deadwood is the best thing.

Luck was perfect for a season, even for a mini series it was great. Not sure if this premise is that interesting, but hopefully it will feel fresh enough in Milch's hands.

I'll forever be upset that Deadwood had no closure.

You missed the finale when the town was put in a time machine and transported to Harlan county kentucky?

Jonm1010

Banned
It was awful. Awful pacing, awful characters, and the constant heavy handed music the entire show made me think someone was about to get sniped at any moment.
Hopefully he got banned for this haha j/k.

No one listen to him though, Luck was a fantastic show. It started slow but by the third/fourth episode it came into its own and thankfully the season had closure in a way that I'm not left completely depressed it was cancelled. Something I can't say for deadwood, that while milch has said recently that season 3's finale was written as a series finale because he had some time to adjust the episode I still feel it needed - no deserved - much more.

Anyways I'll give anything milch does a shot. One of, if not THE best television writer alive today... Though I thought he was gonna do some adaptations of Faulkner as his next project?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Trio Cast In David Milch’s HBO Pilot ‘Money’

Boardwalk Empire alum Patrick Kennedy, Dominique McElligott and Laila Robins have been cast opposite Brendan Gleeson in The Money, David Milch‘s new drama pilot for HBO.

Kennedy will play John Castman, James Castman’s dutiful and ethically strong son who is a key lieutenant in Castman’s empire. McElligott will play James’ beloved daughter Katherine Castman. Robins will play Ruth Castman, James’s wife and mother of his three adult children Katherine, John and Greg.

IHK1irT.jpg
rJEo3NI.jpg
ojGdoNn.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Billy Magnussen Joins HBO’s ‘The Money’; Rosemary Harris, Mamie Gummer, Ray Liotta To Recur

Billy Magnussen has been cast as a series regular
, in the role of Greg Castman — the middle, and favorite, child of mogul/patriarch James Castman (Brendan Gleeson), who wields power and influence to expand his media empire and control his clan.
Rosemary Harris has been cast in the recurring role of
Ellen Knox, the sharp, fearless, and funny mother of James Castman’s wife Ruth (Laila Robins).
Mamie Gummer will recur
as Tricia Castman, who comes from old New York money and is married to John Castman (Patrick Kennedy), James and Ruth’s dutiful son and key lieutenant in Castman’s empire.
Ray Liotta will recur as
wealthy, entitled, untouchable Wall Street tycoon George Archer.

bDSieMU.jpg
6DRE5HT.png
MzaqB6Q.jpg
aYkcvr9.png

Ruth Negga becomes a series regular,
playing Erin Foley, the stylish, no-nonsense senior news editor who reports to John Castman.
Morgan Spector also signed on as a series regular, playing
James Castman’s trusted associate Sidney.
John Carroll Lynch will recur as
Robert Harris, the CFO of the parent company of Castman’s many holdings.
And Tracee Chimo will recur as
a private eye Jane Mulvaney, who works closely with Gordon McCarren, a reporter for VistaCorp’s New York Herald who’s job is on the line and is desperate to confirm a hot scoop.

BObcAu0.jpg
vY7wKH0.jpg
h3LquIh.jpg
yCVGBVa.jpg

I randomly rewatched the Luck pilot and man, that was a great, great 1st episode. Much better, even, than the high praise it got at the time. They really threw you in with very little to hold onto, but it was great, and amazingly shot/edited.

I'm happy Milch has trucked onto a new series. We need writing like his on HBO again.

Decado

Premise and setting sound dull. I love Gleeson (just watched The Guard again last night...so funny), but all the talent in the world generally can't lift a boring premise to something I want to watch. The only thing Milch has done that I like was Deadwood. I really wish HBO had more interesting projects in the pipeline.

Dan

John Carroll Lynch back on a HBO show? I approve.

Premise and setting sound dull. I love Gleeson (just watched The Guard again last night...so funny), but all the talent in the world generally can't lift a boring premise to something I want to watch. The only thing Milch has done that I like was Deadwood. I really wish HBO had more interesting projects in the pipeline.

That sounds like a personal issue to me.

Arment

Premise sounds dull like Luck yet that Milch writing is gonna make it shine.

Still bitter about Luck being shut down due to horses ffs. Horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom