• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dawn of War III announced, trailer, coming in 2017

Morat

Banned
pVLulDt.gif

Genius. Saved for future use.

Parsnip

Woot!

London, 3 May 2016 – At long last, the sun rises on a new age of battle! Relic Entertainment and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III, the long-awaited third instalment of the critically-acclaimed real-time strategy franchise. The loyal are rewarded!
European Sega the best Sega.

mrmyhthef

It seems like a Dark Crusade / Retribution styled campaign map based upon the description (online and offline?).

So I imagine adding a new faction would happen organically for the campaign at least.

I am hoping for Chaos and Imp Guard...

Doesn't sound like it looking at the steam page.

THREE-FACTION CAMPAIGN
Learn what makes each force formidable through alternating missions. You'll soon come to understand the combat advantages of Space Marines, Orks, and Eldar and the rules of a universe with no heroes or villains… only war.

Fitz

Both Dawn of War games are on sale on Steam now. I'll probably pick up the first game since I've never played it.

Still incredible, the campaign for Dark Crusade is especially good. The zoom level isn't great on modern resolutions, but there's a good drag-and-drop mod to increase that.

Oh well at the the three faction thing. If the base is well designed, then I'll happily buy race expansions. It's comparable to the other games, though omission of Chaos seems strange.
I gotta have my IG though.

MadGear

Yay! Its been a while since I have been this happy about an announcement.
However right now I feel a bit indecisive about the return of base building. Despite being very skeptical about DoW2 at first I ended up not missing base building at all and I honestly did not expect it to make a return with DoW3.

Bastos

Since we're all talking about Warhammer 40K, I'll take this opportunity and ask: how can I understand more about its Lore, battles, campaigns, history, races and all? Besides playing Dawn of War, I mean.

Llyranor

Holy shit, a new Dawn of War. What next, a sequel to Space Marine?

Check out Space Hulk Deathwing and get hyped :D
Niiiice
Anyone else feel like strategy games are starting to make a comeback?

We have smaller ones like 8-bit armies. This year we have total warhammer and halo wars 2. Both big AAA strategy games. Then this is coming next year.

Obviously i dont mean they'll be as popular/mainstream as they used to be, but it is great to see more of them.

Don't forget Battlefleet Gothic: Armada and Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak!!

So will this have the squad-scale RTS combat of 2? That's why I loved 2 (and stuff like Company of Heroes)

If you look at the screenshtos, the units are still organised into units / squads. How micro managy and how tactical cover will be (especially in the early game) remains to be seen.
Totally true. I'll still push your shit in when in-game if IG gets added :D

yo chaos gods can't save you

oh my

FUnnily enough, I play IG on tabletop... but just love Chaos in DoW...

Closet heretic?

Akronis

If you look at the screenshtos, the units are still organised into units / squads. How micro managy and how tactical cover will be (especially in the early game) remains to be seen.

oh my

FUnnily enough, I play IG on tabletop... but just love Chaos in DoW...

Closet heretic?

You will be purified.

grendelrt

Yeesssssss. I dont mind the CG trailer because how often do you get CG fucking WH40K at a high quality! PC gamer has some screens and impressions, this year is killer for a 40K fan!

While it looks awesome, there are a few things about it that have me slightly concerned. The extremely bright colours, the lack of variety with the units, only 3 races, there doesn't appear to be any unit upgrades (e.g. special weapons) in those screenshots and there's very little cover.

The trailer seems quite odd, actually. Those space marines might be the worst depiction of htem i've seen in a video game, and for some reason they've gone for a giger-esque Wraithbone but then decided not to have that carry over to the game itself.

Still, very excited for it and the base building and larger scale sound awesome. I'm not sure why they'd put Imperial Knights in with Space Marines though.

Chronoja

It sounds like they are taking it in the Supreme Commander direction, maybe not but certainly not a bad fit for the 40k universe.

Top Bottom