• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DAYS GONE v/s The Last Of Us 2 - Direct Side-by-Side Comparison [4K]

driqe

I'm not trying to hate on Days Gone or anything. Just showing how much better TLOU2 is.

That said, Days Gone might be a fun time if you like playing bad games.

Like A Boss Deal With It GIF by Naughty Dog

Edit 1: I'm just realizing how bad this post is. Sorry.

Edit 2: Days Gone still trash tho

Last edited:

driqe

No harm no foul i guess but i don't really get these types of comparisons. Maybe if it was a much more in depth technical analysis of how rendering is happening might be more interesting but just visually comparing both with no analysis seems kinda useless?
I just wanted to highlight how horrible Days Gone is compared to quite possibly the best game of all time(TLOU2)

A 300 man game is bested by a 20 man State of Decay 2. Bend is bleeding Sony dry.

Undead Labs has over 100 employees now and still growing. Can't wait to see SOD3 and how it destroys Days Gone.

Aion002

Such a silly comparison, Days Gone is sooo good.

I can't wait for a sequel. Sure TLU2 has a more refined gameplay, but DG hordes are extremely fun to battle and exploring the world on a motorcycle is quite good.

Also, comparing an open world game with a linear one is unreasonable.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I just wanted to highlight how horrible Days Gone is compared to quite possibly the best game of all time(TLOU2)

A 300 man game is bested by a 20 man State of Decay 2. Bend is bleeding Sony dry.

Undead Labs has over 100 employees now and still growing. Can't wait to see SOD3 and how it destroys Days Gone.
lol jesus

Some random Days Gone hater shit going down here.

Isn't State of Decay more of a strategy game? Like I played the game at PAX IIRC.. aren't you building a team, and like building out a base?

And I don't know why you think the video you linked makes Days Gone look "horrible."

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
lol jesus

Some random Days Gone hater shit going down here.

Isn't State of Decay more of a strategy game? Like I played the game at PAX IIRC.. aren't you building a team, and like building out a base?

And I don't know why you think the video you linked makes Days Gone look "horrible."
I'm so confused by this thread, lol.

I thought they were saying Days Gone outdid TLoU 2. Then that State of Decay 2 post just completely lost me.

I like State of Decay 1 and 2, looking forward to 3. But I dont think one could even compare State of Decay to Days Gone except for the zombies.

The crazy part.....Days Gone doesnt even look bad in this video. I could see it more as a dig at TLoU 2.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

i thought SoD2 looked like a PS3 game with PS2 production values.

Days Gone is an AAA game through and through. Visuals, gameplay, scale and story is all top notch. I dont understand the comparison at all.

Also, Sony Bend peaked at 100 employees. TLOU2 had over 300 full time employees and over 1500 outsourced contractors.

driqe

Before you guys think Im some rogue days gone hater, I completed the game on hard difficulty.

Days Gone doesn't have any redeeming qualities. It doesn't have a fun gameplay loop like State of Decay or cinematic value like TLOU2.

Pick your struggle Bend.

driqe

i thought SoD2 looked like a PS3 game with PS2 production values.

Days Gone is an AAA game through and through. Visuals, gameplay, scale and story is all top notch. I dont understand the comparison at all.

Also, Sony Bend peaked at 100 employees. TLOU2 had over 300 full time employees and over 1500 outsourced contractors.
You are a PlayStation fanboy. Thus devaluing your opinion even further.

Need I say more?

Before you guys think Im some rogue days gone hater, I completed the game on hard difficulty.

Days Gone doesn't have any redeeming qualities. It doesn't have a fun gameplay loop like State of Decay or cinematic value like TLOU2.

Pick your struggle Bend.

I thought the video was about the visuals. No idea why you think State of Decay 2 is on par with Days Gone.

I was guessing he is talking sarcastically? Days Gone is quite buggy (and it was way more so at release) but is an extremely impressive game, graphically. SoD kinda look like crap...

Last edited:

driqe

I was guessing he Is dall'ing sarcastically? Day Fine Is quite buggy (and It was way more so at release) but Is an extremely impressive game, graphically. SoD kinda look like crap...
300 people with a blank check vs 20 people with a small budget ( pre-acquisition ) and the only thing I can say that is objectively better in days gone are the graphics.

Shame.

300 people with a blank check vs 20 people with a small budget ( pre-acquisition ) and the only thing I can say that is objectively better in days gone are the graphics.

Shame.

So where's your source that they had an unlimited budget?

Should I ask an admin to vet that information?

I enjoyed both games. Days Gone might not have the best story I prefer it much more than TLOU2's.

Graphics wise, they are both fantastic. Though I don't think comparing an open-world game to a linear one is fair.

Shame.
Bend studio is around 130 people. Graphics and production values are pretty much the only thing that you can assess objectively, so...

Astorian

TLoU II puts the majority of games to shame so I’m not sure what’s the point of this comparison, anyways I’ll leave by saying Days Gone is a turd and I really hope Sony and Bend aren’t doing a second one.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
No harm no foul i guess but i don't really get these types of comparisons. Maybe if it was a much more in depth technical analysis of how rendering is happening might be more interesting but just visually comparing both with no analysis seems kinda useless?

It's the worse type of comparison. Both are doing something good in their own right.

Such a silly comparison, Days Gone is sooo good.

I can't wait for a sequel. Sure TLU2 has a more refined gameplay, but DG hordes are extremely fun to battle and exploring the world on a motorcycle is quite good.

Also, comparing an open world game with a linear one is unreasonable.
I saw Days Gone gameplay with the hordes and figured it would be boring just doing that over and over as I prefer survival games with individual zombies. I do own it though so I'll have to give it a shot.

Aion002

I saw Days Gone gameplay with the hordes and figured it would be boring just doing that over and over as I prefer survival games with individual zombies. I do own it though so I'll have to give it a shot.
You don't actually do that over and over, each horde can be handled different and there are a lot of individual zombies and special zombies that adds layers to the game. Also, the human enemies are fun to battle, specially because the monsters are attracted to the gun sounds, so there's always 3rd partying battles, that can be quite interesting and unique.

You really should give it a try, I was also quite sceptical about Days Gone, so much that I only bought it after a sale for 14 usd... Initially I thought that it was only a lower budget TLU open world wannabe... But damn my assumptions were wrong, I enjoyed so much that I even got the plat and I plan to finish it again as soon as I get a Ps5.

The game resonated so much with me, from the characters to the story and the gameplay. I really like TLU2, but my favorite "zombie" game of the gen is Days Gone.

I can see why it's not for everyone, it has some issues, but I honestly believe that anyone that likes the themes of the game should try it out...

Last edited:
Top Bottom