• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DAYS GONE v/s The Last Of Us 2 - Direct Side-by-Side Comparison [4K]

j0hnnix

OP...
200.gif

Kamina

Golden Boy
I really like Days Gone, and even more so at 4k/60. :messenger_grinning:

Still think it should have been DayZ Gone though

Mikey Jr.

90% of the time, I love Sony first party.

But Days Gone to me was a 5 or 6 out of 10.

-I think personally it went on WAY too long.
-The gun play feels like shit
-I was hoping for more survival aspects, but there wasn't that much except for running out of gas.
-None of the characters really grabbed me. Maybe its because I generally dont like biker culture with the leather vests and the skull and crossbones on everything.

I really did enjoy the Horde missions. Those can be really fun.

At the end of the day, I would have preffered a Syphon filter reboot. In my ideal world, they would drop this series and start on Syphon instead.
I know thats not gonna happen though.

So I hope days 2 blows me away on the PS5.

Eternal21

I'm still mad whenever I see Days Gone mentioned. That game had such a potential when first announced, and it ended up being bland as fuck.

Yeah days gone is a stain on sony's first party - let's be honest. Sony needs less open-world games and bend studio should stick to linear.

Dollar general version of last of us.
..............You're an idiot, i like both but truth be told Days Gone is better story wise not because of TLOUP2 twist or ending but because there's hope and way better characterization, character design and hope in DG which make it easier to play and replay.

THEAP99

Banned
..............You're an idiot, i like both but truth be told Days Gone is better story wise not because of TLOUP2 twist or ending but because there's hope and way better characterization, character design and hope in DG which make it easier to play and replay.
Sadly, you're wrong. Days Gone not only was buggy and incomplete at launch, but it also was a 2013 open world game releasing in 2019. From the combat animations, cut and paste mission design, dialogue, voice acting, world setup, shooting mechanics, all in all an embarrassment for Sony Studios in 2019 which was an off-year for them as a whole.

cc4f4a9482142484c882788aa0bb17bb.png

Perhaps sony was even so unhappy about it and that's why they cleaned house at bend and have them working on a new ip.

Last edited:

driqe

Sadly, you're wrong. Days Gone not only was buggy and incomplete at launch, but it also was a 2013 open world game releasing in 2019. From the combat animations, cut and paste mission design, dialogue, voice acting, world setup, shooting mechanics, all in all an embarrassment for Sony Studios in 2019 which was an off-year for them as a whole.

Perhaps sony was even so unhappy about it and that's why they cleaned house at bend and have them working on a new ip.
Metacritic scores are fucking useless. I never understand why fanboys like yourself worship them.

Days Gone sold well so a sequel is probable.

Edit: Still a shit game tho

Last edited:
I always wonder about the thought process that occurs when certain people get so upset and complain about stuff that doesn't affect their lives in any meaningful way.

GymWolf

u have shit taste
except i scored DG a 7\10 (with the score that can flactuate between an 8 and a 6 based on how much you like open worlds, zombies, sons of anarchy stuff etc.), you can search my old posts about it.

I just find the comparison funny, they are very different games and production values and story\characters are clearly on days gone side so i can't even understand what you were saying.

Yes melee combat and shooting are nothing exceptional in days gone, but they are on the same level if not worse in SOD2, i played both games a lot and they are both acceptable\good games, nothing more, i prefer days gone but it's just a bias of mine because i love sons of anarchy stuff and the actor who made the protagonist.

Last edited:

Hugare

I kinda hated Days Gone, but comparing it to TLOU 2 is downright idiotic

Open world game made by B tier developer vs linear game made by one of the best studios in the industry

The worst part was saying that State of Decay is better. That shit is unpolished as all hell, laughable animations, made with a small budget and it shows.

Umbral

I’ll take the bait.

Part II: Technologically, peerless. Mechanically, there are many better games. Look pretty all you want, the game part of the game matters.

Edit: Example: see my avatar.

Last edited:

Umbral

I'm not joking, I prefer Knack 2 (not the first one) over any Mario I've played, and I played Mario Galaxy, Odyssey, etc.

I understand that Mario games are better but I had a lot more of fun with Knack 2.
How’s that? I played the first one and it was fine, but was Knack 2 a huge improvement?

Ogbert

Days Gone was Sony’s lowest rated first party title of last gen, but the one I enjoyed the most. By far.

Really fun game. Big too long, but still loved it.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Loved TLOU2, best game I've played in years, currently playing Days Gone and credit where credit is due, Sony Bend turned in a great fucking game but let's not kid ourselves TLOU2 is in a different league to pretty much all videogames so this is a shit comparison but Days Gone has some excellent mechanics, fantastic bike riding around a huge crazily detailed open world, likeable characters and a decent enough storyline, definate 8/10 game for me

TonyK

How’s that? I played the first one and it was fine, but was Knack 2 a huge improvement?
For me the improvement was immense. First game was ok but second one is really fun. They eliminated some things that irritated me from the first one and polished all other aspects.

When I played it I thought it was made taking in account all the criticism people (as me) did for the first one.

Alebrije

Days Gone was a great experience. Hope the studio delivers a second game and gets more support from Sony.

I expected just another zombie game but got what is the closest game avaliable to imagine how could be a TLOU open world experience. Yep it has its flaws and the story needs some improvement but Bend did a great job. Its not a survival game is a combat adventure game with sone RPG elements. Combat is fine and the main attraction are the hordes. The first time you fight one is when the game becones unique vs other zombie ones.

The game is slow at the begining , so access to the best combat options takes time so maybe some people gets frustrated or bored ...think you shold get earlier access to the weapon but specially bombs options...

The game is great , not TLOU 2 level but liked more its story. Its a lost jewel of the PS4 library. If someone has a PS5 the new look and 60 fps are pure gold...game looks superb on a PS5 also for an open world game you find little or almost none glitches and zombies A.I. is pretty good.

Last edited:
The last of us 2 is a good game as long as you ignore the (READ: *IMO) terrible story, horrendous pacing, and the questionable writing. The graphics, lighting, atmosphere, and gameplay were good. Snow and Water effects were legit.

*The above opinions are simply that, and do not represent me calling my view "fact." Please put out your torches and put away your pitchforks.

As to Days Gone, I wish I had pre ordered so I could have that fuel tank upgrade at the start. I waste so much fuel even though I glide without the throttle when going down hill.

Last edited:

Valonquar

I just couldn't get into Days Gone. I held out waiting for it to go on deep discount, and then got it for free with the PS+ Collection. Got about 7 hours in and the flow of the game just did not work for me. Definitely did not care about the characters at all. Say what you will about TLoU2, but even if you HATED Abby, you felt something.
I am very much not a fan of collecting random trash for quick crafting garbage in either game.

bitbydeath

Gold Member

Disagree. Days Gone is the new standard all open worlds should be held too. RDR2 did well with the dynamic world it set but Days Gone took it to the next level. Gun mechanics and general gameplay were obviously an easy beat too but that goes without saying really.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Days gone was one of the most fun games last gen, OP is trash.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Why is everyone in such a rush to post the worst thread of 2021 right at the start of the year? You've got twelve months people, you don't need to post all your garbage in the first two weeks of the year.

kretos

Banned

reviews doesn't mean shit, CP2077 fiasco ring any bells? most media wanted to hate DG from the moment it was announced because "just another zombie game and white protagonist", i remember the stupid bitch from gamespot bashing the game because the zombies were all white fucking lol

Days Gone is 80-85 in my books

edit1: op has shit taste confirmed

Last edited:
Days Gone is a better game than the Last of Us 2.

It's a much more campy story similar to Uncharted 1 through 3, which I always like better than things that are super serious.

It also has the best dynamic weather I've seen in a game. I mean you can get thunder snow! Come on!

But Last of Us 2 is awesome from a rendering and animation standpoint. It's fun to play just to look at even if you don't enjoy the story.

Plus the gameplay itself is fun and very gory.

driqe

reviews doesn't mean shit, CP2077 fiasco ring any bells? most media wanted to hate DG from the moment it was announced because "just another zombie game and white protagonist", i remember the stupid bitch from gamespot bashing the game because the zombies were all white fucking lol

Days Gone is such a unique masterpiece

Umbral

I just couldn't get into Days Gone. I held out waiting for it to go on deep discount, and then got it for free with the PS+ Collection. Got about 7 hours in and the flow of the game just did not work for me. Definitely did not care about the characters at all. Say what you will about TLoU2, but even if you HATED Abby, you felt something.
I am very much not a fan of collecting random trash for quick crafting garbage in either game.
If you didn’t like Iron Mike or Boozer, well, you can’t be helped.

Alebrije

Yep regarding open world performance DG is pretty solid. Yep it has its moments of crazy wildlife behavior specially with the deers bit are very rare. Instead while riding you find wild animals fighting vs zombies when they see each other and is very well implemented compared to other games like AC Odyssey..

Weather dimamic is great specially when you have rain or snow storms. A nice touch is while raining + tunders zombies hear you less so you can approach to them more and not be detected, the storm covers your sound.

As an Open Worls game glitches are scarce , animal and humans A.I. is fine , zombies A.I is good and so much better with hordes. If you compare just on the Open World performance the game is better than fallout 4-76 Cyberbug. And is on par with RDR2 or Odyssey...

Top Bottom