• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ Xbox One gameplay video leaked; Game Preview release imminent?

MauroNL

Just seen this on YouTube. Some guy is showing DayZ running on Xbox One, but I'm not sure how legit this is. Looks to be running a bit too smooth IMO. Still though, Microsoft announced back at E3 2014 DayZ would be heading to Xbox One so it could be that the Game Preview version is launching (very) soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2iwj5QKyI4

etta

my hard graphic balls
Looks fake. Why did he cut away from it loading the game to menu screen. Also, an exit button on the main menu? Exit to what, dashboard? That doesn't exist, you gotta press the Home button and quit it that way. Also "Early Access" instead of "Game Preview".

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Who cares at this point? They dropped the ball so incredibly badly on the actual Day Z game I can't see why anyone would be excited at this point. Or did they happen to completely turn things around on that shit show because last I saw it I don't think anyone was happy with the direction it had taken and the decisions made by the developers. What a joke.

That looks like Day Z on high(ish) settings with the new DX11 renderer. That would be believable if the game ran at 30fps, not 60, so I'm calling it being a fake. I'd love to be proven wrong, but he also doesn't show off anything to do with the actual game like the menus to easily show it being a console version.

Looks fake. Why did he cut away from it loading the game to menu screen. Also, an exit button on the main menu? Exit to what, dashboard? That doesn't exist, you gotta press the Home button and quit it that way. Also "Early Access" instead of "Game Preview".

You can exit the YouTube app on Xbox. It just quits the app like you'd expect. Granted, a bit unnecessary but not really a red flag.

Did they ever finish the game on PC?

It has a directx11 renderer now that basically doubled or tripled the frame rate so that's something. I heard that a lot of time went into accomplishing that which put other features on hold. The game will take a while to get out which people just need to accept.

HoodWinked

the anti aliasing, resolution, high res light shafts seems too good to be running on console.

but the most obvious is how the view is moving around like a mouse rather than a joystick.

artsi

Mmmmmmm.

yLZRrCb.jpg

DayZ new renderer is great, it no longer runs like ass si I think it'll be fine on consoles now

This. Seriously.

Before 0.60 I would be the first to bitch about performance in DayZ - rightfully so, getting 15-25FPS in even tiny cities, never seeing 40+ until in open fields even at low settings - but now it runs like a total dream. I get around 60-75FPS in big cities at max settings with over 100% rendering res. If I can get that now then I'm almost certain a console can do 30 or 60 at lower settings and possibly resolution.

DrBo42

DayZ new renderer is great, it no longer runs like ass si I think it'll be fine on consoles now

This. Seriously.

Before 0.60 I would be the first to bitch about performance in DayZ - rightfully so, getting 15-25FPS in even tiny cities, never seeing 40+ until in open fields even at low settings - but now it runs like a total dream. I get around 60-75FPS in big cities at max settings with over 100% rendering res. If I can get that now then I'm almost certain a console can do 30 or 60 at lower settings and possibly resolution.
When did they apply this new rendering tech? Did zombies ever make it back in?

SJRB

Gold Member
There's no way this is real.

Not only does the game run in silky smooth 60 fps even though the new renderer barely left beta state on PC, the movement looks like kb/m input.

When did they apply this new rendering tech? Did zombies ever make it back in?

It went to experimental a few weeks back, it came to stable a few days ago, and zombies are back. They're still a bit glitchy and quite sparse but fire a gun and they'll come running.

Drencrom

What the hell happened with DayZ?

The concept was so promising and there was so much hype around the game but they just completely botched it all by leaving it in an unfinished and semi-broken state...

artsi

Well I'm not exactly sure if this is how it works but isn't the title that is highlighted magnified ever so slightly? If that is the case then your picture may not mean much.

The Dark Souls was also highlighted there, I just stitched the image together.

What the hell happened with DayZ?

The concept was so promising and there was so much hype around the game but they just completely botched it all by leaving it in an unfinished and semi-broken state...

Well it's still under active development, it's slow yes but not dead, there's a dedicated team working on it at Bohemia.

IMO it would have been better if they didn't launch the early access so early, but what can you do.

I see crazy amounts of frameskipping (unless there's something wrong with my videoplayer)

I'll be curious if they put any effort into supporting multithreading in their engine if they're porting it to xbox (like planetside 2 devs did when porting to consoles)

The Dark Souls was also highlighted there, I just stitched the image together.

Well it's still under active development, it's slow yes but not dead, there's a dedicated team working on it at Bohemia.

IMO it would have been better if they didn't launch the early access so early, but what can you do.

It's possible the text is centered within a certain space. The "y" would bring everything else up if that was the case. Maybe. I don't know

StillEdge

They brought up DayZ at this years conference again. I assumed they would only name drop if it's soon. But if they were name dropping I would have assumed they would have announced something.

occelinho

It's easy to see that he is aiming with a mouse (not sure if this matters tho,don't know if you can use one on Xbox One).

Also it's looking and running way better than on my pc and my pc is stronger than a Xbox One / PS4. Maybe it's just better optimized there, I don't know. PC version still does need a lot of work. It's running better since the last patch, but it's still not good.

I really doubt that this footage is running on a console.

Taker34

Banned
Fake, even the in game hot bar shows the keys 1, 2, 3 and 4 which doesn't make sense in any console game. That guy isn't showing the inventory which is a 100% clear giveaway, as it can only be operated with a mouse, as far as I know.

Top Bottom