• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ Xbox One gameplay video leaked; Game Preview release imminent?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No zombies in there '_'

So, technically DayZ then?

They should just remove the zombies and call it "Arma 2 Deathmatch" at this point, last time I played the zombies clipped and continued to chase you. I doubt they ever fixed that.

I thought this showed up at Sony's E3 a few years ago as releasing first on consoles on PS4? Although I know a lot of PC devs like the Game Preview early access platform, but it's not really a trend I'm interested in.

Edit: I see the dark souls picture is from when it was highlighted, nvm. Fake!

Mmmmmmm.

yLZRrCb.jpg

Meh, lazy.

0sHDg0V.jpg

Jo8qmou.jpg

His picture of DayZ is also 289px wide and all the others are 288px.

You guys are forgetting that a highlighted tile gets raised and slightly larger, go have a look on your xbox's

The reason I think it may be fake is the framerate alone, but that just could be the new engine they just put into the PC version.

GodofWine

DayZ new renderer is great, it no longer runs like ass si I think it'll be fine on consoles now

Agreed, v.60 was a night and day improvement, it runs on my laptop with an 8650m GPU pretty OK now, the consoles won't bat an eye running this on a nice setting.

I can see this being released a few patches short of finished, 7 days to die is coming to ps4 this month in alpha I think, even AAA games release so far from finished, who cares.

They are also probably wanting to beat h1z1 etc to market

pastrami

Mouse-like camera movements, no button prompts shown, EXIT option on the main menu, no indication of what option is selected on the main menu (how does he know he has PLAY selected). Yeah, going with fake on this one. PC version, with the mouse cursor hidden on the main menu.

Hylian7

So, technically DayZ then?

They should just remove the zombies and call it "Arma 2 Deathmatch" at this point, last time I played the zombies clipped and continued to chase you. I doubt they ever fixed that.
More like: Arma 2 with even more bugs and some serious inconveniences for inconvenience sake.

You have to put your gun away to look at your compass , when in real life you would just one-hand your gun. In Arma, the compass has it's own key and just comes up as an overlay on the screen.

At the same time, it does some stuff better, like actually making you stop to eat and drink for a decent period of time.

I still had more fun with stuff like the Arma 3 Exile mod.

well it certainty looks a lot better than when I played it last. Which was before they launched the stand alone.

Is it still janky as fuck and how is the zombie ai?

Never played DayZ, but I've watched a lot of Frankie/Sada videos. Those guys are fun to watch, but the game seems brutal for people who aren't FPS crackshots. Seem to be a lot of assholes just out to snipe people from rooftops.

And zombies? lol
I love how (at least in the older versions) you can just hide in bushes from zombies, even after they are pursuing you. :p

The concept of games like DayZ and H1Z1 sound thrilling, but the reality seems to be a far more disappointing affair. I just don't know how a game developer can successfully make an open world MMO survival game without the majority of players cocking it up with dickhead behavior (and this is beyond the whole "in reality many people would become dicks in an apocalyptic scenario" argument). Seems like an uphill battle, but I'm going on a tangent here...

mnannola

The concept of games like DayZ and H1Z1 sound thrilling, but the reality seems to be a far more disappointing affair. I just don't know how a game developer can successfully make an open world MMO survival game without the majority of players cocking it up with dickhead behavior (and this is beyond the whole "in reality many people would become dicks in an apocalyptic scenario" argument).

We still don't know what a well made Zombie MMO would play like. Everything we have is in early access, no where near release, bug ridden, and missing huge features. I would love to have one of these games actually released to see how it would play.

GodofWine

The concept of games like DayZ and H1Z1 sound thrilling, but the reality seems to be a far more disappointing affair. I just don't know how a game developer can successfully make an open world MMO survival game without the majority of players cocking it up with dickhead behavior (and this is beyond the whole "in reality many people would become dicks in an apocalyptic scenario" argument). Seems like an uphill battle, but I'm going on a tangent here...

Outside of setting up fight clubs with newly captured survivors, small groups with the kill on site mentality would likely be common in a real life outbreak.

DayZ in all its earlier brokenness gave me some thrilling moments, stalking and killing a geared up survivor with a bat is a rush. :)

Wonder how people will take it in a post pubg era? Day Z died long back on PC and hype is almost non existent now. Curious to see how Xbox audience will react to day Z when I finally hits the store

Wonder how people will take it in a post pubg era? Day Z died long back on PC and hype is almost non existent now. Curious to see how Xbox audience will react to day Z when I finally hits the store

Well, I have zero interest in PUBG but I'm very interested in DayZ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I don't follow trends as I'm not a teenage girl.

Last edited:

Horns

I really enjoyed DayZ 4 to 5 years ago. I would def give it another try on consoles. I have zero faith in Bohemia to deliver the game on time though.

Denton

DayZ offers very different experience than PUBG and more interesting in my view - since in PUBG every interaction is about killing, but DayZ is much more unpredictable.

If they can really finally pull it together, that would be great and I would play it gladly, there is still nothing like it.

NickFire

I really enjoyed DayZ 4 to 5 years ago. I would def give it another try on consoles. I have zero faith in Bohemia to deliver the game on time though.
I think the delivering on time ship sailed 2-3 years ago. At this point I have zero faith it will ever launch on console. No amount of proof will convince me it will until I see it for sale.

Horns

I think the delivering on time ship sailed 2-3 years ago. At this point I have zero faith it will ever launch on console. No amount of proof will convince me it will until I see it for sale.

It took Bohemia 5 years to bring the original Flashpoint to the original Xbox. Never have had faith in them when it comes to the schedule.

DayZ offers very different experience than PUBG and more interesting in my view - since in PUBG every interaction is about killing, but DayZ is much more unpredictable.

If they can really finally pull it together, that would be great and I would play it gladly, there is still nothing like it.
Agreed. I've been waiting for any update on DayZ for the consoles. It was supposed to be on PS4. I've been waiting for that survival horror open world experience, but no luck...

theDeeDubs

If you look at around 5:55 he/she "minimizes" the game to show the Xbox home screen. Game/app screens don't get shown like that anymore do they? I thought that was removed when they got rid of the snap feature. I certainly miss it though. I miss seeing my active game or netflix when I go to home.

I personally cannot wait to jump back into DayZ, I loved the ARMA 2 mod back in the day. Looks like it's running on a new engine as well.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
The PC version is still shit. I would highly recommend NO ONE give Bohemia ANY MONEY on this. Look up the reviews on Steam for some insight. Seriously. IMHO(and it doesn't matter what console it's on) the game should have been COMPLETED on PC first and then ported to consoles. This is simply another money grab for Bohemia. I'm telling fellow gamers: don't do it. You've been warned.

Horns

It looks OK, but that's an Xbox X. If I recall correctly, the ARMA engine is CPU intensive, so I wonder how the base model of Xbox One performs.

Denton

It looks OK, but that's an Xbox X. If I recall correctly, the ARMA engine is CPU intensive, so I wonder how the base model of Xbox One performs.
they wrote new engine for it which is why it took so long, it only uses assets from Arma, not the engine.

xviper

just cancel this game already

they announced it 4 years ago, and the game has been in early access on PC for 5 years

this is an example of why i hate early access

Wow necro thread

I think the day z ship has passed to be honest....I can’t help but think this game is gonna run like shit once you get out into the real world and not an internal test server

Top Bottom