• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
You say that, yet you enjoy fanning the flames.
Oh I think both sides in this whole Comic Book Movie thing is crazy. Folks on both sides wanna see the other fall. I just wanna see a good movie. I have tended to call yall out because I disagree with most of you and some of yall have issues with seeing Marvel being successful and people not liking the DC movies. When I see folks saying something like "Audiences just didn't get it" I have an issue.

Penguin

Oh I think both sides in this whole Comic Book Movie thing is crazy. Folks on both sides wanna see the other fall. I just wanna see a good movie. I have tended to call yall out because I disagree with most of you and some of yall have issues with seeing Marvel being successful and people not liking the DC movies. When I see folks saying something like "Audiences just didn't get it" I have an issue.

I agree you have an issue!

:p

You understand that there's a reason for that, right? If Warner had been putting out DC movies that were universally loved, then people would be willing ignore random negative reports but since this is coming after a string of bad movies (with rumors about the issues with each movie having come out before release), people are going to take the negative reports more seriously.

I mean, I basically said that in the first sentence of my post. I get that.

It's not a big deal and none of these movies are going to win any awards. But it's just aggravating reading those threads and the blind hate that gets thrown at a movie that's not out yet.

lol..It kinda worked tho!

lol I know. I contemplated leaving it up to mess with guek, but nah.

LionPride

Banned
I mean, I basically said that in the first sentence of my post. I get that.

It's not a big deal and none of these movies are going to win any awards. But it's just aggravating reading those threads and the blind hate that gets thrown at a movie that's not out yet.

lol I know. I contemplated leaving it up to mess with guek, but nah.
If a good movie was made peeps wouldn't care. At this point people are prepared for utter disappointment after two terrible films

a916

And both companies want each other to succeed... go figure lol.

If a good movie was made peeps wouldn't care. At this point people are prepared for utter disappointment after two terrible films

Yeah but if they assumed the movie sucked based off the previous films, I'd be okay. Instead, people just needed a random person on youtube to say it's bad to solidify their decision.

Gone are the days when people could just go see a movie and base their own opinion on it.

LionPride

Banned
And both companies want each other to succeed... go figure lol.
This is some Monday Night Wars mess, except Marvel isn't raiding DC of talent and trying to end them.
Yeah but if they assumed the movie sucked based off the previous films, I'd be okay. Instead, people just needed a random person on youtube to say it's bad to solidify their decision.

Gone are the days when people could just go see a movie and base their own opinion on it.
That's some people. My first post in that topic said everything, if she is right than it is confirmation bias. If she is wrong then that is good because it means Wonder Woman is good. Which I want to be true but do not expect because the last two movies have not been entertaining

Ashhong

This is some Monday Night Wars mess, except Marvel isn't raiding DC of talent and trying to end them.

That's some people. My first post in that topic said everything, if she is right than it is confirmation bias. If she is wrong then that is good because it means Wonder Woman is good. Which I want to be true but do not expect because the last two movies have not been entertaining

It's most people, while you are one people.

well that's just wrong, have you any proof?

LionPride

Banned
well that's just wrong, have you any proof?

I step into a DCEU thread and the discussion goes towards Marvel Vs. DCEU and people from this very thread are acting as if people liking the Marvel movies is damn slight against them personally.

It's most people, while you are one people.

I would hope most people can make a decision for themselves. Like I watched the Wonder Woman trailers, thought to myself "This looks like trash, I ain't payin to see this movie." and that is it.

guek

Banned
LionPride, I don't even know what you're doing here anymore. Every day it seems more and more like all you want to do is convince everyone here that the DCEU sucks. What the fuck man
, that's my job!

I step into a DCEU thread and the discussion goes towards Marvel Vs. DCEU and people from this very thread are acting as if people liking the Marvel movies is damn slight against them personally.

I would hope most people can make a decision for themselves. Like I watched the Wonder Woman trailers, thought to myself "This looks like trash, I ain't payin to see this movie." and that is it.

WHO? who acted like that? point it out. and if the discussion turned towards Marvel vs DC it's because you turned it. ever since you've posted on this thread you've been doing nothing but complaining that people here hate Marvel. I don't know if you already addressed your problems with whoever slighted you but I don't think it's productive at all to continue beating that horse.

LionPride

Banned
LionPride, I don't even know what you're doing here anymore. Every day it seems more and more like all you want to do is force people to convince everyone here that the DCEU sucks. What the fuck man
, that's my job!

Not that it sucks, because opinions and whatever. I am just trying to understand the mindset of some of the peeps in here, like why do some feel the need to say stuff such as the movie is too complex for audiences to get or act as if there is some mass conspiracy against DC movies and that is why they have such low review scores

WHO? who acted like that? point it out. and if the discussion turned towards Marvel vs DC it's because you turned it. ever since you've posted on this thread you've been doing nothing but complaining that people here hate Marvel. I don't know if you already addressed your problems with whoever slighted you but I don't think it's productive at all to continue beating that horse.

That wasn't at all my complaint. If you read my posts since I popped in here you would realize I really only had a question for one person and it spawned into what it is now. I will continue to pop up in here whenever I think there is an interesting discussion or a good trailer or something. I actually like some of y'all in here. Very few, but some of y'all.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The current success of DC Comics with Rebirth needs to rub off on the film side.

Hope WW isn't another flop. That would surely put a cross on this entire Universe.

LionPride

Banned
It's not that hard to understand why some people here like BvS. Read the thread LionPride. We talked it to death.

Time and mental patience I do not have, at this point I just like discussin this stuff with some of y'all since I talk to people who regularly agree with me about the DCEU, I like talking to people who will challenge my ideas and people with an opinion I ain't used to hearing. Now that isn't to say that I won't imprint my own opinions in this thread, like I have said many times I am pushing for the success of these movies just because I love Man of Steel and thought they had something there. Because I think they have something with Wonder Woman, because they should have something with Aquaman and with the Green Lanterns.

Ashhong

You would hope, yes lol. But that's just not the case

Not that it sucks, because opinions and whatever. I am just trying to understand the mindset of some of the peeps in here, like why do some feel the need to say stuff such as the movie is too complex for audiences to get or act as if there is some mass conspiracy against DC movies and that is why they have such low review scores

Because sometimes it seems like the truth. There were many complaints about certain things missing in BvS and how such and such was a problem. However if you paid attention those complaints are addressed. If the original person had said they understood but thought it was dumb it would be a different story. But no, some people straight up miss plot points and blame it on the movie.

It's really not hard to "understand" the mindset unless you are deliberately not trying to. We (most) enjoy the films and believe the issues that people point out can sometimes be a non-issue. Therefore we argue about it. tldr; opinions

LionPride

Banned
You would hope, yes lol. But that's just not the case

Because sometimes it seems like the truth. There were many complaints about certain things missing in BvS and how such and such was a problem. However if you paid attention those complaints are addressed. If the original person had said they understood but thought it was dumb it would be a different story. But no, some people straight up miss plot points and blame it on the movie.

Yeah, I do remember being in threads with folks complaining about missing elements in BvS that weren't missing, they just weren't paying attention. That actually pisses me off more than the people who say the conspiracy mess. Don't complain about a movie if you were not paying attention the entire time. Don't say "Oh this wasn't explained or implied" when it clearly was.

duckroll

LionPride, I don't even know what you're doing here anymore. Every day it seems more and more like all you want to do is convince everyone here that the DCEU sucks. What the fuck man
, that's my job!

No that's MY job. And everyone knows it's true anyway. Even people who like the DCEU.

However if you paid attention those complaints are addressed. If the original person had said they understood but thought it was dumb it would be a different story. But no, some people straight up miss plot points and blame it on the movie.

This is the part I hate joining in on, because I have to be honest, and ask how do some, who call the competition's movies 'By the numbers' or 'Written by comity' not follow their stories? Or forget them? Or proclaim such anger while not being able to recall a thing about them? Sound a little off..

Further more, why is it that some movies require disbelief, while others aren't grounded enough? I truly hate this narrative that I'm an idiot, so I missed the obvious. What? I'm certain that THAT is why so many of you guys engage in this Jets vs Sharks Broadway dance off..it's silly and dismissive.

I'll say, again, the home cut was better than the theatrical for BvS, IMHO. If that was the one released, people so consumed with the RT scores likely would be less vocal about it..though I might be quite off on that.

I'll never understand the quickness to anger about these flick (to quote MLK III) on both sides. I just wanna watch these books come to life. Be good, lol..yes! But we're in an awesome spot in history that these books are being acknowledged..we should all be thrilled about that.

Ashhong

Yeah, I do remember being in threads with folks complaining about missing elements in BvS that weren't missing, they just weren't paying attention. That actually pisses me off more than the people who say the conspiracy mess. Don't complain about a movie if you were not paying attention the entire time. Don't say "Oh this wasn't explained or implied" when it clearly was.

It's even worse when they say "the movie was too boring for me to pay attention, that's the movies fault". That's how you know you just can't talk to some people.

LionPride

Banned
It's even worse when they say "the movie was too boring for me to pay attention, that's the movies fault". That's how you know you just can't talk to some people.

Man even if a movie is boring that will be my criticism, not that stuff wasn't explained because the movie was boring. Now if the movie actually doesn't explain something, yeah that's a problem. That's not an issue I had with Batman v Superman

Man even if a movie is boring that will be my criticism, not that stuff wasn't explained because the movie was boring. Now if the movie actually doesn't explain something, yeah that's a problem. That's not an issue I had with Batman v Superman

Biggest crime is when it's overexplained..

duckroll

Nah. Either overexplaining or underexplaining stuff is often just a consequence of expectations vs execution. The biggest crime is when no one even cares. That's why BvS is a better movie than Suicide Squad. Even if you disagree vehemently with the material, there's a reaction that shows interest in what is being approached. Suicide Squad is literally whogivesafuck.gif.

People either complain that something wasn't explained enough or was overexplained. As if there is no middle ground

Oh..there's a middle lol. Subjective. Subjective. Subjective. Question is, who's brave enough to accept it..

Nah. Either overexplaining or underexplaining stuff is often just a consequence of expectations vs execution. The biggest crime is when no one even cares. That's why BvS is a better movie than Suicide Squad. Even if you disagree vehemently with the material, there's a reaction that shows interest in what is being approached. Suicide Squad is literally whogivesafuck.gif.

I'll agree that BvS is, no doubt, better than SS..to me..and wife, daughter, friends.

LionPride

Banned

Honestly, like I may not like BvS, but I will watch it one hundred times before I watch Suicide Squad again. It may be my most hated comic book movie and I felt like I wasted my time and money watching Fan4stic and I didn't pay for it

It's tough being both a DC fan and when your favorite Marvel character is Thor :(.

Enjoyed BvS (though a bit too light on action), looking forward to Justice League & WW, Squad is one of my least favorite super hero movies.

Just glad DC comics and video games doing so damn well. New 52's performance toward the end had me worried, and I'm legit surprised that Marvel's newest relaunch did absolutely nothing to stop DC's sales, though I'd prefer both companies do well and sustain growth, it's not feasible right now with how low readership is. Hoping that amazing spider-man game is amazing too. YJ season 3 is like a fucking miracle.

LionPride

Banned
It's tough being both a DC fan and when your favorite Marvel character is Thor :(.

Enjoyed BvS (though a bit too light on action), looking forward to Justice League & WW, Squad is one of my least favorite super hero movies.

Just glad DC comics and video games doing so damn well. New 52's performance toward the end had me worried, and I'm legit surprised that Marvel's newest relaunch did absolutely nothing to stop DC's sales, though I'd prefer both companies do well and sustain growth, it's not feasible right now with how low readership is. Hoping that amazing spider-man game is amazing too. YJ season 3 is like a fucking miracle.

I'm glad the comics are doing well, I'm upset that it's mostly Batman or Batman character related because I really dislike Batman as a character. It seems like both companies are gonna do well comic wise soon.

At least Thor will get a good movie this year, I can feel it

I would honestly rather watch this

strafer

Bro, it's tough just staying alive, more and more I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. That leak is terrible. Thankful we didn't get that despite the shortcomings of the final film.

Also the best case scenario for a Thor movie would have been something metal as fuck and adapting the God butcher storyline. Disney/mcu wouldn't have that tho.

LionPride

Banned
I've said it before and I'll say it again. That leak is terrible. Thankful we didn't get that despite the shortcomings of the final film.

Oh it is pretty meh at best, but if executed I'd be interested in seeing it no doubt about it

Also the best case scenario for a Thor movie would have been something metal as fuck and adapting the God butcher storyline. Disney/mcu wouldn't have that tho.

No the best case scenario is what we got now, a Hulk/Thor team up movie in space because why not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom