• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

I'm sure he's in the mix of people WB is looking at, and I'd also like them to look at Justin Lin.Based on Star Trek Beyond, I really like his ability to do big, good-looking action, without losing the characters.

Justin Lin is booked up. Hell, WB alone wants him for both Akira and Space Jam 2.

Penguin

We actually joked about this over in the MCU thread which has basically slowed down to a crawl. There's just more to talk about if there's bad news.

not necessarily more to talk about, but people respond more passionately to bad news.

But yeah as cool as the nightwing news is... what else is there to talk about... the Wonder Woman set visits... are set reports, we get them. Not gonna show you the terrible parts of their movie

Ashhong

It's probably because most of the people on this forum already hate the DCEU. Good news will not interest them because it's a drop in the bucket compared to what they've gotten already. I can't blame them. Hard to care about something that's disappointed you for years.

Bleepey

More like two days

And keep my name outta your mouth if you gonna keep spouting alternative facts

Nah homie, I'll say your name and call you out on it especially when i can come with receipts for objective facts and not your alternative facts:

I feel like I gotta ask, Bleepy, why do you lead a crusade defending BvS against ANY criticism? Why do you feel the need to crap on Marvel movies when they ain't even part of the discussion?

Just had to ask

At (01-04-2017, 11:38 PM)
There have been many times where I have mentioned how BVS could be improved. I think there are some plot holes and shit that could be tightened up but a lot of stuff people criticise that are explained in the movie or are just plain asinine. I could probably name about 5-10 plot holes or shit that could be improved in BVS. Off the top of my head:

1) explain the Africa scene better. Hammer it into people's heads that Superman is being blamed for a power vacuum and unforeseen consequences.

2) explain to people better why the lex Corp bullet forced the govt to be involved in the coverup in Africa and the senate hearing

3) fight could have been better. I prefer the build up rather than the fight

4) It would have been better if Lex was more conventional. The Wired interview with "Lex" is awesome because he is straight throwing shade at everyone. Oh Bruce Wayne you spend so much on R N D for an exosuit and flying planes yet you have nothing to show for it. . A lot like a certain vigilante likes to use. Oh Amanda Waller you think I didn't know about all the shit you get up to etc etc. That shit was fun

5) this is a plot hole I am surprised BVS haters haven't latched on to. Lex wants to show superman isn't all good by forcing him to kill Batman. Yet Superman has very public ally killed. Now you could explain it away by saying he hoped Batman would kill him or that the primary end goal was to kill Superman with Doomsday. But it's quite a notable one.

6) explain how Lex knew about him being incapable of seeing through lead. I assumed he had bugged their home since Lois knew but a throwaway line could have remedied it.
I think there's a few minutes and a nip tuck here and there that could fix a lot about the movie.

Also I like an underdog which decade kind of are. Also I think constructive criticism makes Marvel and DC make better movies. Stupid nitpicks or complaints that could be remedied by paying attention to the movie don't help make better movies.

At (01-05-2017, 02:24 AM)

You sure about that two day thing? my maths has it closer to 3 hours so i guess with regards to that
:
you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif
?
I came with receipts LionPride you'd do well not to call me out when I can rebut you easily. Treat me like Voldermort or the Kingpin in season 1, just don't say my name :D

LionPride

Banned
Nah homie, I'll say your name and call you out on it especially when i can come with receipts for objective facts and not your alternative facts:

At (01-04-2017, 11:38 PM)

At (01-05-2017, 02:24 AM)

You sure about that two day thing? my maths has it closer to 3 hours so i guess with regards to that
:
you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif
?
I came with receipts LionPride you'd do well not to call me out when I can rebut you easily. Treat me like Voldermort or the Kingpin in season 1, just don't say my name :D
Nigga my first question was why the fuck can't you keep MCU movies outta your damn mouth. You didn't answer my original question for two days. Keep my name outta your fucking mouth. You ain't shit, you don't matter

Bleepey

Nigga my first question was why the fuck can't you keep MCU movies outta your damn mouth. You didn't answer my original question for two days. Keep my name outta your fucking mouth. You ain't shit, you don't matter

Also I like an underdog which decade kind of are. Also I think constructive criticism makes Marvel and DC make better movies. Stupid nitpicks or complaints that could be remedied by paying attention to the movie don't help make better movies.

Sorry LionPride. Answered,. Again

tumblr_nns114O7Vs1uqfsrjo1_250.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Query

Does anyone here watch Justice League Action?
I do Penguin. I posted in the thread yesterday cause the last episode was my favorite of the series so far. The Street Fighter 2 / Injustice mash up was done really well. I sent the clips around my office to all the DC/fighting game fans.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Bleepey v LionPride: Dawn of DCGAF

What are your mothers names? I need this for the script.

Penguin

Okay, I hate to police a thread... and I know back seat modding is frowned upon

But I have to speak honestly, you two and your petty rivalry kind of ruin the thread for me. It was cute and weird at first and now it's just become this prolong nuance that we have to dance around.

So I don't know if you two wanna make nice or put each other or ignore or maybe settle any grudge via DM, but I'm asking you both to stop with it now.

I do Penguin. I posted in the thread yesterday cause the last episode was my favorite of the series so far. The Street Fighter 2 / Injustice mash up was done really well. I sent the clips around my office to all the DC/fighting game fans.

Oh yeah why I asked.
This and last week's are two of my favorite eps to date
Love when they do a deep dive into DC lore.

Yeah this thread has kinda tanked lately. And it's a shame cause there has been some great discussions on here, but I have little desire to wade through the shit. I get enough of that as a Halo fan.

Ahasverus

69376810.jpg

How about we don't act like we're some kind of gangsters and respect each other. Wash your mouth (or fingers, whatever is applicable).

Penguin, save us from the nothing we've become. Bring in the rumors!

LionPride

Banned
I respect those who deserve/earn it. I respect everyone in here except for Bleepey. Since I was asked nicely I'll stop. But again, motherfucker needs to keep my damn name outta his slimy mouth

This is a forum, right? not the streets?

So the poster Penguin posted a couple pages back is part of my desktop backgrounds. Thanks Penguin!

So who else is staying away from the WW press releases? I don't want to be spoiled on anything else but what little info I saw looked great. Also awesome to hear the press got some feels watching some of those scenes.

IconGrist

This guy was so hokey, I can only laugh when people say Daredevil is legitimately good tv.

It started out well enough, I was really into it for the first 5 or 6 episodes. And the only thing worthwhile in S2 was Punisher but I haven't quite decided if that's because it was Punisher or because it was Jon Bernthal who just nails every role he's in.

LionPride

Banned
Timeout....

So the poster Penguin posted a couple pages back is part of my desktop backgrounds. Thanks Penguin!

So who else is staying away from the WW press releases? I don't want to be spoiled on anything else but what little info I saw looked great. Also awesome to hear the press got some feels watching some of those scenes.

69376810.jpg

How about we don't act like we're some kind of gangsters and respect each other. Wash your mouth (or fingers, whatever is applicable).

Penguin, save us from the nothing we've become. Bring in the rumors!
What this shit mean

Ahasverus

^That you talk to people like a drunk biker. Simple as that.

Man we never had infights like this, even Guek and I get a laugh from time to time. I'm sure we don't like a witchhunt or get anyone banned, but please don't ruin a comunity like this. If you must I suppose you could take your heated discussions to PM, use the block feature or something, we're here for comic book movies.

Not exactly serious business.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not reading any of the articles or watching any of the videos. I feel like I have enough of a grasp of the story to go in and still be surprised. I never understood why people like to read full spoilers of a movie they're going to see. I'm so glad I didn't read anything for Logan.

Ahasverus

Zack Snyder fucked all our bitches. Look at this motherfucker:
More like Zaddy Snyder amirite.

Something that pains me is that he was once all smiles and jokes, but he looks really sad these days. Critics took a piece of that man's soul. it's like, he gave it all, and people spit on his face. He aged 10x in2 months due to that.

Here's this great quote by our guy, Joe whatshislastnamehessofiavergara'shusbandsofuckit.

RI: You said in an interview last year that you might start filming in the spring. Other recent reports show the script might not be there.
JM: Last year, I said May and that was my understanding. It depends. They have big plans for this movie. Whether or not we start exactly on that date or in June, whatever it is, it doesn't matter. Here's the thing: The creative process needs to be respected and no one involved in this film wants to make anything less than an unbelievable film, a legendary film. The movie will start shooting whenever those pieces are in place and we know this is gonna be something that we're proud of. What we're not gonna do is be backed into a start date, scrambling to get something off the ground just to get it off the ground. Everyone involved wants to make this the best film possible, so that's really what it's about. It's funny how the media likes to run with, ”Oh there's trouble!" ”Oh, the script needs to be revised!" They're drama queens. There's a creative process, and everyone on the cast and crew wants to make this the best movie possible. So that's what we're gonna do. When we start shooting it, we'll start shooting it. It will be soon, I can say that. Here's the thing: No one wants to create that superhero movie that's polarizing to fans and critics. Rest assured, we're gonna do this thing right.
http://chefirvine.com/magazine/joe-manganiello-the-ri-magazine-interview

My Bman 2018 dream won't die.

BadAss2961

Okay, I hate to police a thread... and I know back seat modding is frowned upon

But I have to speak honestly, you two and your petty rivalry kind of ruin the thread for me. It was cute and weird at first and now it's just become this prolong nuance that we have to dance around.

So I don't know if you two wanna make nice or put each other or ignore or maybe settle any grudge via DM, but I'm asking you both to stop with it now.
Honestly, if we had our own mod, it should be you.

I like the Bleepey/Lion beef though. So petty, but kinda hilarious.

I'm not gonna lie, if we're soliciting opinions, Bleepey/Lion got old a while ago and should be taken to PMs.

IMO. No backseat modding here nossir.

Create a good story and manage the budget and the rating won't matter. You can't fucking do a R rated Batman flick for $200M+, but you could certainly do one for $125-140M.

Ross61

I think this confirms my thoughts that Aquaman will be switching between armor. Makes sense that he would go full armor for JL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom