• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

ReiGun

QUEEN!

DGvd2dsUwAA3upR.jpg
Only queen I'll bend the knee for.

Japanese cosplay on point

DGs_FoeUQAA2fw0.jpg

Has Wonder Woman opened in Japan yet? I'm real curious how it's going to do there.

I get the sense Mera's Aquaman movie hair and suit colors are to pop in the underwater scenes, which will likely see a heavy blue tint. In JL I think we'll end up seeing more action on land.

Odoul

As long as he doesn't touch the writing, the directors of last 2 The Purge movies would make a pretty interesting Suicide Squad.

Similar aesthetic.
Over the top characters.
Def has a style.

Anarchy and Election Year are basically what I thought Squad was gonna be.

Again as long as he doesn't write it. Especially the black characters.

Admittedly, I would've preferred MoS to have the higher color saturation and contrast of BvS (and JL). I get the look they were going for and it wasn't washed out with messed up black levels or anything. But, yeah, BvS was just more to my taste.

Neophant

Darkseid is.

On a more on-topic note, does anybody else think we'll see more representatives of the New Gods in Justice League apart from Steppenwolf? Part of me thinks at the very least we'll see some of the Female Furies and maybe even Granny Goodness due to people recognizing them from the animated show and the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse animated movie. Personally, I'm hoping we'll see some cameos from the people of New Genesis in the film, like Mister Miracle and Highfather.

As long as he doesn't touch the writing, the directors of last 2 The Purge movies would make a pretty interesting Suicide Squad.

Similar aesthetic.
Over the top characters.
Def has a style.

I agree with all of this. The second and third Purge films are excellent Punisher films.

Similar aesthetic.
Over the top characters.
Def has a style.

Either him or David Leitch. But Leitch seems unlikely since he's tied with deadpool now.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...1028417?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Director James Wan reveals details of his "technically challenging" DC movie and how he ended up casting Dolph Lundgren.

"It's a very technically challenging shoot to be on," said Wan as he was being shuttled to the film's Australia set. "Working with water, and even the dry-for-wet sequences are very complex. … Our equivalent of two people sitting around chatting in the underwater world is super complicated. You have to think about CG with the hair, and how their clothing moves, how are they floating, what kind of rig we put them on and all that stuff. "

More at the link

Busty

Banned
If I didn't think that a certain poster wouldn't come in here and whine/moan my face off I'd be of the opinion that Aquaman could eat the lunch of James Cameron's upcoming sci-fi sequels and their much vaunted underwater sequences.

Even if Cameron's stuff is stunning, and I'm sure it will be, I feel like there's a 'first past the post' mentality with audiences and Aquaman is primed, with that Xmas slot, to potentially clean up.

As always, we shall see.

Penguin

Concept art and facts about The Flying Fox

000262316hr_full-length.jpg

The new emphasis on working together is reflected visually by Batman’s niftiest new toy: the Flying Fox, a brutalist plane big enough to hold a whole cinematic universe of super-personalities. “You can put three Batmobiles in the lower part of it,” says production designer Patrick Tatopoulos (Batman v Superman). “I didn’t want to do a sleek airplane; it needed to feel like an extremely avant-garde classic. With the maneuverability of a jet—but it can actually carry things.”

Several things. Tatopoulos built a three-story interior set for the Fox. “The bottom part of the jet is a huge cargo bay, which the Batmobile sits in,” the designer says. “The second floor is like a cultural center, with computer terminals. The third story is the cockpit. Whatever floor you are on, you can see [the other] two stories.” The Fox has everything—except a place to brood in private, Batman.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/10/jus...l&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... Wondering if that will be in the movie or if it's just on the toy.

Cause that doesn't look like something Batman would do.
I highly doubt it's in the movie. Concept artists just slap shit on stuff all the time when they photobash. They're just doing stuff to make it look cool, they don't care about all the lore and minutia that comic nerds care about.

EDIT - Although, if it's an actual plot point in the movie, that Wayne Tech developed it for something else and then Batman "steals" it, it'd be ok for it to say "WAYNE" on it. Look at it like the Tumbler or the Bat from the Dark Knight series. Bruce didn't build those things in the Batcave. He "borrowed' them from Wayne Tech. If Wayne Tech puts out a statement that says the Batman stole them, no one would connect the two. Though then it would be odd that the Police don't arrest him for grand theft auto, haha.

iirc the Nightcrawler was made by Thomas Wayne for the military or something along those lines.

I don't entirely understand that since it'd mean it's from the 1980s, but whatever.

I hope the movie ends with a blue print of the watch tower or seeing the watch tower in construction.

Nothing about the league should be grounded. I like the Morrison take of a pantheon of gods. Batman should be smart enough to be constructing this shit.

The Justice League IS the definitive super hero team.

Dyl

Joe Morton, who plays Silas Stone, gave an interview regarding JL reshoots:
IGN: Can you say what's different? Is there's any difference in tone?

Morton: Well, the stuff that I had to do were just really small little bits and pieces, nothing necessarily having to do with tone. I know that with Ray [Fisher], the young man who plays Victor, there were some adjustments that they made in terms of the tone of that character. I think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in a way, that the film felt too dark. I don't know what that meant in terms of how it actually got translated in terms of the reshoots but that's what I heard. That's what I thought some of the reshoots were about.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08...the-cyborg-character-was-part-of-the-reshoots

OT is going to have a field day with this.

Top Bottom