• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ninjimbo

Is it bad that I’m not hyped at all? I’m looking at all these posters and it’s just “eh, that’s cool I guess”

Which is strange because I’ve loved/enjoyed every other movie.
It's not bad. There's still a lot of questions surrounding the movie. It's alright to be skeptical.

Plus they haven't shown Superman and you love Superman.

Ashhong

A day before Star Wars doesn't seem smart. Like, why not just 2 days sooner? Or even 1 day? I'm sure it will be fine, but it's not ideal.

Event in NYC

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171004005504/en/

Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Entertainment will team up with AT&T for an unprecedented takeover of its Times Square store from October 5 through 8, to celebrate the upcoming release of “Justice League.”

As part of this sponsorship, the AT&T store located at 3 Times Square will host an exclusive look at some of the most exciting elements from the action adventure film, well in advance of its November 17 debut in theaters.

- Fans can see and take pictures with the iconic Batmobile and Bruce Wayne’s tricked-out Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo along Broadway, from 42nd to 44th Streets.
- Inside the AT&T store, see incredibly lifelike statues of DC’s iconic Justice League members Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash.
- Check out video footage, the coolest props and costumes from the movie, try out VR activities, Join the League yourself, and take home an exclusive poster.
- A meet-and-greet with best-selling comic book writer Geoff Johns and renowned artist Jim Lee October 7 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The truly dynamic duo will be signing their acclaimed comic Justice League, Vol. 1: Origin, the flagship title from DC’s The New 52 publishing event. In addition to partnering on the page, Johns and Lee also serve as executives at DC: President and Chief Creative Officer, and Publisher, respectively. DC -
All Access, DC’s original digital series (at dccomics.com), will be there to cover it and capture reactions. Wristbands will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 10:00 a.m. that morning.
- The sponsorship includes more special fan experiences in select AT&T stores across the U.S. starting Oct. 27, including authentic costumes and props from the movie, exclusive posters, virtual reality interactions and more.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
if we dont see a glimpse of Superman in that trailer I'm not sure what I'll do.
I'll be thrilled. My wish is they leave him completely out of every piece of marketing and trailer until release but I'm not so naive that I believe that will happen. It would really increase my anticipation.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Whoever did that Cyborg poster needs a refresher in tangents and design in general. His right arm should NEVER be that close to his body in pictures because it's the same damn color as the rest of him. Yikes, how did no one see that?

a916

I'll be thrilled. My wish is they leave him completely out of every piece of marketing and trailer until release but I'm not so naive that I believe that will happen. It would really increase my anticipation.

People keep complaining that there's no Superman... but the entire god damn trailer had him being mentioned and talked about even his theme song AND a tease for him.

His presence in felt in the trailers, more heavily than any of the others save for maybe Batman. Which is something that BVS dropped the ball with when they just let that Doomsday part drop.

Whoever did that Cyborg poster needs a refresher in tangents and design in general. His right arm should NEVER be that close to his body in pictures because it's the same damn color as the rest of him. Yikes, how did no one see that?

Negative space would've helped a lot.

jrush64

Banned
DLTp2akVoAAsGHV.jpg

Tabby

It's not bad. There's still a lot of questions surrounding the movie. It's alright to be skeptical.

Plus they haven't shown Superman and you love Superman.

Shit, is it that obvious that I like Superman?

I don’t know, for some reason I just don’t feel that hyped knowing Whedon took over.
And that the team is basically just 4 JL members minus Green Lantern babysit Cyborg. It doesn’t look like a Justice League to me.

Ashhong

People keep complaining that there's no Superman... but the entire god damn trailer had him being mentioned and talked about even his theme song AND a tease for him.

His presence in felt in the trailers, more heavily than any of the others save for maybe Batman. Which is something that BVS dropped the ball with when they just let that Doomsday part drop.

Negative space would've helped a lot.

What? Nobody is complaining that his "presence" is missing completely or anything. I'm complaining because we have the first live action JL movie, a huge milestone, but because of the ending of the last movie we have almost 0 marketing with him in it. All of these character posters, special magazine covers, and group shots without the most iconic leader fucking sucks IMO. It just makes it feel incomplete.

Tabby

What? Nobody is complaining that his "presence" is missing completely or anything. I'm complaining because we have the first live action JL movie, a huge milestone, but because of the ending of the last movie we have almost 0 marketing with him in it. All of these character posters, special magazine covers, and group shots without the most iconic leader fucking sucks IMO. It just makes it feel incomplete.
Sucks even more when literally everyone knows he’s not going to stay dead.

a916

But I mean he's dead... it sucks he's not in a lot of the marketing, but he's technically dead.

Ashhong

But I mean he's dead... it sucks he's not in a lot of the marketing, but he's technically dead.

I know that. That's why I'm more mad at the ending of BvS at this point.

But it's not like the ending didn't tease that he's returning. They can AT LEAST have character posters of him. They don't need to show his return, but fucking put him in the special artwork being done for the movie and group shots.

Ross: That's right, I said it! Let's not get crazy, the marketing for this movie has not been great. It's been very plain. Same backdrops, same poses, etc for a very long time, although it's starting to pick up now. But no matter how good you think it is now, there's just no denying that it's incomplete without Superman, and could be even better.

Cooter

Yup. Like mentioned earlier, if his reemergence is to the classic Superman theme and that is the first time we see him it will be powerful. Black suit or not. I will lose my shit right there if it plays out like that.

Ashhong

Yup. Like mentioned earlier, if his reemergence is to the classic Superman scene and that is the first time we see him it will be powerful. Black suit or not. I will lose my shit right there if it plays out like that.

I get that, and I would too. But you know he's coming, everyone knows he's coming, everyone is going to be waiting for that moment.

What's the harm in releasing a character poster along with the rest of them? Especially when the posters have his damn icon on it already.

Now if they release all of this stuff with him in it after the new trailer or even after the movie, I will gladly eat my words and be happy.

Cooter

I get that, and I would too. But you know he's coming, everyone knows he's coming, everyone is going to be waiting for that moment.

What's the harm in releasing a character poster along with the rest of them? Especially when the posters have his damn icon on it already.

Now if they release all of this stuff with him in it after the new trailer or even after the movie, I will gladly eat my words and be happy.
Fair enough. I wouldn't mind some Supes artwork.

Yup. Like mentioned earlier, if his reemergence is to the classic Superman scene and that is the first time we see him it will be powerful. Black suit or not. I will lose my shit right there if it plays out like that.

Guns and mullets better be unleashed or it's all for nothing.

Ross61

The marketing has been great im. The posters we got yesterday and the Alex Ross inspired one was way better than most DCEU posters combined.

And fuck that dude. He ain’t no leader.

Ashhong

The marketing has been great im. The posters we got yesterday and the Alex Ross inspired one was way better than most DCEU posters combined.

And fuck that dude. He ain't no leader.

I love those posters, the marketing has definitely gotten better. Just feels incomplete. Leader or not, it's Superman. Come on! Work with me here :(

a916

And fuck that dude. He ain’t no leader.

HE'S A BETTER LEADER THAN MURDER MAN.

Where's MUH SUPERMAN.

LionPride

Banned
This is the first time I have ever heard people complaining that something that everyone knows will happen isn't spoiled in movie marketing

a916

This is the first time I have ever heard people complaining that something that everyone knows will happen isn't spoiled in movie marketing

Don't worry, I think more than this amount will be complaining they spoiled the return. Not the fact that he returns, but his return was spoiled.

I can't help but find funny how the "no superman" posters is an issue.

I get it, it's the "first JL movie and superman isn't on the poster" thing, but at the end of the day, this will all be just some trivial fact later down the line when somebody does a "Curious facts" list about the movie.

What’s funny is the absence of Superman is the driving force of the plot. That’s merely reflected in the marketing. It’s not a secret or twist. Star Wars 7 did something similar with Luke.

Platy

I think that my problem is that they ARE spoiling it.

There is the fucking superman logo on those posters.

But somehow they are not releasing a superman poster.

What do they want us to think ? that S is for Krypto ?

Ross61

The S is for Hope

Penguin

I think this is a Khan in Star Trek into Darkness scenario where folks don't wanna be taken for a ride on a "surprise" they all know is coming

But like others have said, DC haven't been shy about saying he's around and stuff

Cute SNL ad for Gal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU5-_EGfcHw&feature=youtu.be

Tabby

Exactly. We know he’s coming back and they don’t even have to spoil his return.

Why the fuck would you have him on some but not others? It’s stupid.

I want the main man.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I think this is a Khan in Star Trek into Darkness scenario where folks don't wanna be taken for a ride on a "surprise" they all know is coming

But like others have said, DC haven't been shy about saying he's around and stuff

Cute SNL ad for Gal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU5-_EGfcHw&feature=youtu.be
Wait, now I'm confused.... Leslie said her name correctly, but then Mikey says she said it wrong... what is going on in this world!?!?

DaveH

Wait, now I'm confused.... Leslie said her name correctly, but then Mikey says she said it wrong... what is going on in this world!?!?
They're both wrong. Leslie says "-dot", Mikey says "-doe", but it's "-doht" (with a soft, slight "T" at the end, the "T" isn't silent, but it isn't as punctuated as an American would say it).

Ross61

I don't know if SNL premieres trailers, but with Gal hosting the night before the trailer drops, it might've made sense to show it there.
I don’t think SNL premieres trailers. Plus NYCC is going on so it might as well premier there to coincide with the events.

Neophant

I think we're not seeing anything Superman-related for the marketing because his look post-death will probably be a big story point. Better not to spoil something that a lot of people will be grumpy about isn't there in the short term than for the marketing to pull a Doomsday faux-pax like they did with BvS.

Top Bottom