• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

It actually really would. He'd make the guy look tougher than ever and I feel like he'd go all in on some frazetta Conan/heavy metal influence which is what my dream Thor movie would look like

Set it in the past during Vikings era too....whew

Wouldn't be as successful as going the family route tho

why is saying a movie looks like a Snyder film an insult now? Dude is one of the GOAT visual artists. sometimes I dont understand cape film discussion.

Better than Whedons shit in Avengers. that first act looked like an ABC pilot.

also the box office discussion is pointless considering Fantastic Beasts overtook Strange 2 weeks later and they both made $$$ and both were magic films. JL and Thor will both make their money without stepping on each other toes.

Sesha

Everything that's been happening DCEU-wise lately is weird and a bit confusing. But I wasn't very interested in most of the movies they had previously announced, so I like it. I hope WB goes all in on making Batverse movies and movies about less prominent characters. They just need to get their shit sorted out, and I know that's a big if at the moment.

Those DCEU rumours are hella annoying since everybody and their mother can just pull out whatever out of their ass and it might be true or not but who the fuck knows before Justice League hits and we find out where exactly this universe is going.

Rumor: Warner Bros. Planning a Booster Gold film, Uwe Boll to direct, screenplay by Jon Spaihts.

GOAT film brehs

banderas.png

Penguin

So internet went a bit nutty during my vacation

Are "sites" actually referencing the 4Chan/Reddit rumors we usually post as joke as actual news sources?

And that Wonder Woman header... jeez

Busty

Banned
Oh I know it's him since both Zack and Geoff have actually responded to him!

Ah, I didn't realise. I was working with someone who follows/followed by him and he was a 'Twitter recommend' for me, but that was before Xmas when he had 50 followers and never Tweeted.

It's odd to see him now really embracing it. In fact, when he first Tweeted Geoff Johns a happy birthday a few months ago the only people to 'like it' were Jon, Geoff and me!

Ahh, bless.

Ahasverus

Jon Berg should be more public IMO, he's the flimaking "seal of confidence" the fans are looking for (With Johns being the spiritual guardian)

Ashhong

guys

how are they going to explain Clark's return?

I mean, they had a funeral for him.

I don't know why this just hit me

I've brought this up before. I guess you could say that he was killed in the field and never really found. Say his body was a fake? Say he was undercover and they made the fake body to trick his enemies, etc.

I also doubt they will even bring it up...which would be wack

guys

I don't think we see Clark in a public role.

They've backed themselves into a corner and will have to pull some really stupid shit to get out of it. If they wanted to go with the missing and presumed dead angle, they shouldn't have had a public funeral in Kansas. It should have just been his mom, Lois, and maybe the priest (cause lets be honest, he knows he's Superman after the events of MoS).

guys

he's gonna stay on the farm with Martha and Lois.

he'll let Perry know too out of respect, and because he can be trusted with his identity, but I doubt he'll go back to the public reporter life.

DaveH

Say his body was a fake?
I mean they literally pulled this card in Stranger Things set in the 80s and meta-wise, Michael Shannon wasn't in BvS, but you wouldn't know it was a fake body from sight alone. It's crazy, but not if his investigation was sponsored by Wayne (who's interests could easily cross swords with someone Clark would have to go into deep cover against).

The open casket isn't an issue. There's a million workable stories that aren't even a tenth of how crazy characters have actually excused their returns in comics and across fiction.

I also doubt they will even bring it up...which would be wack
I suspect it actually was a part of the script, but Laurence Fishburne said he had to turn down Justice League due to scheduling conflict. If he's out they'll probably pare down that part of the story meaning it might not be addressed in JL, but they likely have an answer at the ready if they want it for another film.

guek

Banned
also the box office discussion is pointless considering Fantastic Beasts overtook Strange 2 weeks later and they both made $$$ and both were magic films. JL and Thor will both make their money without stepping on each other toes.
Thor is more susceptible to getting hurt at the BO than JL. JL will live and die on its word of mouth alone.

I agree that both will be fine.

As much as I enjoy the dynamic, I'm not sure it's crucial for movies to have a ton of Clark Kent the reporter depending on where they go. Personally I'd like them to explore the setup to Superman Returns, but instead of finding nothing and returning to Earth, Superman runs into Brainiac. He gets trapped in Kandor and it's about trying to escape and liberate the Kryptonians living there. And Kandor could've been bottled ages ago before Krypton became corrupt.

weshes195

Don't you guys love when a thread's title change spoils something about one of your favorite shows? I sure do. /s

Were you talking about the Arrow thread? I noticed the update too (haven't been in there for a while need to catch up on arrow!).

It was worse least season when the OP or a mod changed it to spoil a main characters death... 5 minutes when the episode ended. I love it when people complain spoiler culture, then go out and be even worse.

Ashhong

Love these posters, but goddamn do I wish it had Superman in it. I realize he is going to be revealed in the movie, but it just feels kinda lame that our first Justice League movie is unable to promote with Superman front and center. What a shame.

a916

Love these posters, but goddamn do I wish it had Superman in it. I realize he is going to be revealed in the movie, but it just feels kinda lame that our first Justice League movie is unable to promote with Superman front and center. What a shame.

Nah, he'll show up and they'll have posters if this universe survives long enough.

weshes195

That Arrow thing is not a spoiler, so if he's complaining about that he's wrong.

Oh, I know although I originally assumed it was since it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for people to do that. If someone wasn't looking in that thread they might think it was a spoiler too and not know about the twitter post.

Top Bottom