• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Catwoman in Batman Returns is the GOAT costume. Prove me wrong fam.
If Ayer stays away from the costuming department for Sirens, I think whatever that turns out to be will be the GOAT Catwoman suit. I'm biased though since I fucking love the Darwyn Cooke Catwoman outfit which has now become her standard comics version.

Loxley

The MoS suit is the GOAT costume though.

I think the BVS suit, overall, is an improvement over the MOS suit. The MOS suit's blue is too muted, which makes the costume look flat. Plus the darker piping/trim doesn't compliment the suit imo.

YDDPZbj.jpg

The BVS suit's added muscle definition really helps it pop on-screen, and I think the changing of the piping from a dark blue to a lighter blue helps give the suit some nice extra highlights (it catches and reflects the light really well now). The cuffs in particular look much better, and I actually dig the added light blue outline around the \S/ shield. The only things I would say are downgrades are the changing of the belt from a circle a square, and the slight shrinking of the \S/ shield. Also Cavill's hair looked better in MOS :p

lc5kLOP.png

Also, I still think the belt should be red in either case, but whatever.

BadAss2961

If Ayer stays away from the costuming department for Sirens, I think whatever that turns out to be will be the GOAT Catwoman suit. I'm biased though since I fucking love the Darwyn Cooke Catwoman outfit which has now become her standard comics version.
Can't wait for tatted up Selina Kyle.

a916

Slightly... okay way off topic.

I'm building a theatre and currently about to frame the projection screen.

I've settled on a 135"... but running calculations, I can get away with a 140"... should I do it?

I've settled on a 135"... but running calculations, I can get away with a 140"... should I do it?

Why shouldn't you?

Battfleck
MoS
WW
Raimi Spider-Man
Cap 1
Black Panther

These are the great ones off the top of my head

Say what you will about the Webb Spidey movies, the ASM2 suit was perfection.

That's likely the case then. Show at the end what he'll look like in his solo movie

Anyways snyder is hella dope at showing super powers on screen. I think at this point singer and him are the best at that out of all the directors to make these movies. I knew he'd pull through making flash's action look awesome despite us having seen multiple speedster adaptations

Singer is the best at what, now?

There's a slight drop in brightness to going bigger. It's still in the recommended brightness though.

If you feel you might be pushing it with the brightness, I'd just stick with the 135".

There's a slight drop in brightness to going bigger. It's still in the recommended brightness though.

Sounds like you have to decide if you prefer the brightness over the added size. Can't say what I'd do without seeing the difference one way or the other.

Singer has a 1 cool action scene per movie quota. The rest is absolute B-level garbage.

magneto_flying_away.gif

I was just under the impression the X-Men movies were the clear red-headed stepchild in the effects department. They're atrocious.

Ninjimbo

Disco ain't wrong about Singer. He made the XMen look pretty great in X2 and Days of Future Past. Nightcrawler's Intro is still one of the best around as is Magneto's escape in X2.

Dead

well not really...yet

What's the screen gain?

Ashhong

I've had to go through Returns so many times at work, and every time I just find it so lame. Maybe DCEU has spoiled me but I cannot go back to such cheesy shit. I'll take Zuckerberg Lex over Spacey any day

Ahasverus

Apocalypse made me realize Singer has no idea what he's doing. If the script is good, the movie will be good, if the script is not, lord have mercy.

Ahasverus

Routh is very handsome, but it's not even fair to compare him to Cavill. Is there any male on this planet that would compare favorably? I don't think so.

Dead

well not really...yet

Even with that I'm getting a 19fL and it's in a fully controlled light environment. (that's with 135", with 140" it drops down to 16-17)
Stick with 135. 5 extra inches isn't worth losing that much brightness

Cavill in MoS is peak physique. But even so both him and Routh have to wear muscle suits under their Superman suits.

Superman was a little too bulky in BvS, I felt. Be it Cavill's physique or the muscle padding. Ideally they wouldn't slick his hair back and slim him down a touch. Same with Batman, except the hair thing.

Both look perfect on the mannequins, actually.

Top Bottom